Upcoming Unique Items

Look forward to a icebow build.
If I go first, I'll wait for you in the other side of the dark water.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Given that the accurate "Critical Strikes don't cause freeze if they wouldn't have caused freeze if they weren't critical" is both horribly long and horribly horrible, and any description of the form "critical srtikes don't [cause/trigger/force] freeze" will imply that critical strikes cannot freeze to a significant number of people, we went with the least-bad option we had.

It may help understanding to consider that your character has "Critical Strikes always Freeze" - this mod is taking that property away.

It was a bit confusing but that's what I got as well. Critical hits guarantee a Freeze just like other elements guarantee a status ailment on a crit. With this mod, the Freeze is no longer guaranteed on critical strikes but will still be applied if the damage is high enough, just like a normal hit. So how about a "Critical Hits no longer guarantee a Freeze" or something like that?
Cloak of Tawm'r Isley omg ^^
Say what again. SAY WHAT AGAIN! I DARE YOU! I DOUBLE DARE YOU, MOTHE**UCKER! Say what one more god damn time!
Nice items !
I wanted to try a Witch Summoner next league because of the new skill.. and now this ES chest.. guess I'll do it in june :D

My last summoner was a templar in 2013 :p
Again trash unique....good only for vendor....I wonder why ggg even bother to build this midle unique (nobody play with) instade make a litle faster necesar improvment to this game...
A KING JUST BORN !!!
Mark is completely right regarding Critical strikes do not always freeze.

In ordinary language we have a scalar implicature which is basically that we mean "sometimes" when we say "not always", even though it logically can be "never" etc.

This still holds perfectly well though since you CAN freeze(sometimes) with critical strikes, and using words like "cause" or "inherently" either adds ambiguity or is redundant.

Please note
"
It may help understanding to consider that your character has "Critical Strikes always Freeze" - this mod is taking that property away.

Given that in the game, we have something that says "critical strikes always freeze", and we have no definition of "sometimes"/"not always", it should be very clear that:

"critical strikes do not always freeze"
should be interpreted as:
"critical strikes do not have the property to always freeze"

Because there really is no alternative interpretation that works, unless you are completely oblivious to the game of course, but we can't take something out of context like that.
HoolaBandoola, creator of all things Hoola and destroyer of Rhoas.
Meh. All seem underwhelming as per usual except for quiver.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
i bet you all, none of them have 3d art..., much like almost all unique items lol.
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
"
rdx1312 wrote:
"Critical Strikes do not always freeze" means "Critical Strikes sometimes freeze" but from explanation from GGG this seems misleading.
#NeverGoing90
"
Qarl wrote:
"
Cryptoplasty wrote:
Cool uniques!

What does "not always" mean? Is there some kind of percentage tied to it?

It means that critical strikes do not cause it. All the wording we tried with something along the lines of "Critical Strikes do not Freeze" could be misinterpreted as when you crit, you can't freeze.

So that wording was to make it clear you still can, but not from the critical strike.

Edit: I think you guys have right. Though, probably everyone that want to use that thing will need to see this thread, if they haven't done it yet.
Maybe "you can freeze only whenever the chance to freeze triggers"? If we take away any refers to the fact that critical strikes normally have 100% to cause status, maybe will be easier to understand (indirectly) that this mechanic with that item has changed.

Also. Referring to the minion chest: "magic items are identified" refers only to blue items, and not even to rare (yelloe) or unique (brown), right?
Last edited by Serge91 on May 9, 2016, 7:06:44 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info