If you could fuse two games?

Another fuse can be PoE+the Stanley parable with dominus saying "this World is an illusion exile"
my english sux.
... illusion... brought me another idea:

PoE + GianaSister 2 >^-^<
DOTA and PoE.

Ahh, the possibilities...

I actually wrote in a PvP thread some time ago about PoE implementing ideas and mechanics from DotA for PvP-only modes. It would be fucking glorious.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Apr 30, 2016, 3:25:52 AM
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
"
NeroNoah wrote:
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
Fuse WoW and Diablo. I would call it: Diablo 3

Further proof that the likehood of a thread thrash talking Diablo 3 tends to 1 in the long run.

Aw come on that's not really trash talk, did you know that really early in D3 development they actually planned on it being MMO style 'World of Diablo'? Then when that wasn't working out they retooled what they were building into a more standard ARPG. So I think that's a fair mashup actually lol

Yea that was back when it was the right guys in charge of diablo.. they wanted to turn it into an mmo type game, take it to the next level, where blizzard wouldn't have it competing with wow, so they tried to limit their creativity due to money concerns and the team didn't like being controlled so they split.. or so is the rumor about.

Now wow took many of its best core features from Diablo 2 - such as the character trees, the lootgrindfocus/arpg game farming mode that was most strongly present in D2. They also added new things such as tough group challenges like raids which really was something way beyond D2. But as for me, the ideal game should merge WoW and D2 - without all the raids with extremely strict requirements and shit -dailies and stupid commitments to a fixed schedule. Group size like 4-6 should be the max for anything in game, not gigantic raids. More randomization and more focus to develop it beyond D2 level which still is not surpassed in any game i have played. I dont think people understood that what made diablo king was randomization of playthroughs. But it should have things such as wow did in terms of crafting systems, materials gathering in the world from mining etc etc, a world that feels alive, world pvp, Action house, etc. Bound Items, and many of the advanced itemization systems developed in wow.

God im so happy there are skill trees in PoE. People don't get it, while there is ultimately no choice in what is best, it is like destiny. The choices we make are ultimately not choices, but the illusion of the choices makes us who we are - gives us our identity - yet 2/3 of the masses(2/3 of 85% of people), those who dont reflect too much about things, if they can whine their way to make a game give them equal power and devs are weak enough to succumb to it, they will. For example remove characterization choices and places you can make mistakes. The end to that story is just that the leaders can't excel in the game an showcase their mastery, and so will leave and the game will collapse from the inside at the end of that process because it becomes meh and only meh'ers left. Then they cater even more to the meh'ers and then eventually it becomes just worthless.

I am trying to create that game in my head, and one of the things i just can't figure out is what view is best - d2 view almost flat from above, or wows more emerged views and controls. I think maybe D2 model wins because it is easier to control - in wow and other games using that model you need to do a shitload of things perfect to play ideally such as movement keys, camera contrls etc etc. In ARPG's things are more simple it is more of a mindless grinder and i think in my head the best game mode is more about the character building and itemization being engaging than an action game like some playstation shit about executing combos and controlling your character perfectly. While the mmo mode can look more beautiful, or it also more stressing to play due to many additional factors you need to control.

I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Apr 30, 2016, 4:04:11 AM
League of Legends + DOTA 2

...and then watch the world BURN.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Last edited by FCK42 on May 1, 2016, 10:15:20 PM
Warhammer Online (R.I.P... <3) and Age of Conan - esp. it's combat!?
Dark Souls + Path of Exile
IGN:Dethklok
lllllDanziGGlllll - 100 Ranger ~ HOGM
Mirror Service: View-thread/2479762
Old:870532
"
Dethklok wrote:
Dark Souls + Path of Exile

You REALLY want to see people cry, don't you?
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
Bars wrote:
DOTA and PoE.

Ahh, the possibilities...

I actually wrote in a PvP thread some time ago about PoE implementing ideas and mechanics from DotA for PvP-only modes. It would be fucking glorious.

I'd actually like to see DotA made from PoE instead of Warcraft.

I dunno if there are/will be any plans to open up PoE for modding, but it would be sweet.
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
<739610877-3104-376.101077-1106.75103739110792103.108-5'92.9410776.>
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
Legend of Grimrock and Legend of Grimrock 2. I want the third part sooooo badly :)
Last edited by First_Citizen on May 2, 2016, 11:59:32 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info