Hideout Showcase

Very cool. Now please implement a hideout saveslot feature (sell slots in store) so that we can keep our hideouts while we try to make others. I'd love to make different hideouts but just am just not willing to lose my current one. You'll see a lot more from the community this way as well!
Last edited by Lord_Kamster on Apr 27, 2016, 6:49:17 AM
More samples please.
All looking very nice.
Need to build one, one day..
So great job with this Hideouts.
My favourite, the third one :)

Gz guys.
I should have posted my hideout.
It sports several hundred fishermen laid out in strange patterns.

Probably wouldn't have won but still funny
A lot of player ask for hideout saving, and GGG still don't answer...
I really wish I could work a bit more on my hideout, but I'm missing the favour to do so T-T
I did manage to make a little jungle themed corner for my catarina though, but it doesn't look nearly as good as the hideouts posted here. Honestly, they look amazing and I wish I had both time and favour enough to create something similar.

PS: +1 for saving hideouts
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
How long has it even been since a hideout MTX was on sale? And remember when they occasionally put all of the hideout MTXs on sale. (Maybe once a year for a day with no warning.)

I know I'd like to be able to have Hideout save slots but realistically it wouldn't be that easy, you'd need to store:
1) Which hideout base is used, this would most likely just be an integer representation since there only a couple dozen hideout bases even if you consider each tier of a hideout map to be a different integer.
2) Which Masters are present, and their position and rotation, this would only be like at most 5 lines of numbers, one per master.
3) Which object items are present including which version they are, there positions, and rotations, this is the biggy as there are likely to be hundreds of objects that need to be recorded.

While numbers 1 and 2 aren't so bad to store, 3 on the other hand could become a rather large stack of numbers to store. It should be doable, the tricky part would be coding how they copy and load the map configurations but do any of the developers have the time to do this since it would be all coding and no artwork development. The problem is most of their coders are probably always busy working on bug fixes, and software for the next patch. Simply copying a grid-map of the area hideout isn't an efficient solution due to all the empty grid points on even the most filled out of hideouts.

I'm figuring these save slots would probably be the most expensive single MTX you can purchase probably in the 400pt to 500pt range or more, especially if you discount bundles like the armor set bundles as they aren't a single MTX but multiple ones bundled together. The question is, would everyone else be willing to pay enough to have them when they could easily end up being 600 to 750 points. Even at those price points I'd consider getting one slot, but I doubt I'd ever consider having 2 extra slots. Most people wanting a slot would just want one extra to experiment with, only the most diehard hideout designers would want to have multiple save slots, especially when each one would likely cost hundreds of points.
Last edited by sethmklein on Apr 27, 2016, 10:29:34 AM
"
D4wdl wrote:
WTB hideout loadout save.

Yes please. I never really bother decorating hideouts during temp leagues because I like my standard hideout. The ability to save multiple setups would be really badass.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
Great to see Hideout features making a comeback. They're always amazing.
cool
"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does." - William James
"People are just about as happy as they make up their minds to be." - Abraham Lincoln

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info