... Snail Time ...

well, did it and was all good until the final 2 toons after i range-cleared everything... blinked back and spammed more only to die... i dunno what hit me as nothing new came onto screen, but the 2 toons died as well due to crawling sparks.

received a shiny T14 map and other stuff so i'm not gonna complain. gogogo.
Post your level and %exp of your level if you can
(at the end of your post) - if you're new to the thread.

Turnip
Last edited by Turniphead2 on May 19, 2016, 11:08:53 AM
Grats on 57% to 97 Turnip! I'm trying to catch up to you but failing pretty bad, lol. :D

I'm still at 10%...might get a chance to play more this evening.

I believe the hazard you guys were referring to is The Herald of the Obelisk. The first time few times I encountered it I got wrecked really bad...but the frustrating part is that if you run too quickly, those stupid Stonehenge things keep dropping and will keep doing so until you kill the final enemy with that affix. And they always tend to be somewhere behind all the dropping pillars o' doom. My strategy now is to rush in and launch some good COC salvos to try and wipe them all out...sometimes I get lucky before too many pillars drop. If they all start multiplying into the Mexican Hat Dance...I pull a Speedy Gonzalez and get the heck out of there! And then I'll try and circle around or come from another angle to take the remaining herald foes out. Or just stay far away from them. Easier said than done, especially in one way corners or twisty mazes. :)

For the Bearers...I just pay very close attention to any blue packs which can be hard with all of the crap going on my screen (COC madness, I love it)...and once I see the orbs drop, I get my rear out of there posthaste! With my high block and defense I can usually eat a few...but I've literally seen 8-10+ in one pile and that is something I don't want to test my defenses on.

Same way that I can sometimes eat an Atziri double flameblast...most of the time I can facetank them...but it is a fool's errand when it is so easy to just run to the edge of the screen and avoid them. And then there's that chicken...argh...no comment! :D
Attempted to do the vaal temple map.

Pros: I got my 33rd perandus challenge

Cons: I attempted to fight the bosses, was doing fine until my granite flask of staunching ran out. Got maybe 10 bleeds stacked on to me in a second and RIP
All the way from 95 until now bearers are the only things that kill me. While it can be argued that they can be easily dodged, you have to take into account that players do make careless mistakes, lag out or even walk into rooms not seeing bearers already primed.

97.97% at level 97-Deadpeng
Good point Deadpeng. One thing I forgot to mention was that in the past I had a ton of deaths due to using a crappy old computer. Lots of hiccups and stutters...in fact besides a lack of maps part of the reason I gave up on leveling was that my screen froze ALL THE TIME and resultant deaths made the process frustrating beyond words. I did get one character to Lv 94 but it was still very hard.

A few months ago I bit the bullet and built a new powerhouse gaming rig...SSD, 32 GB ram and the works. PoE plays so smoothly now...I do get some stutters now and then from all the COC crap my character generates...but it so much easier now to escape, watch for hazards and play more defensively. This combined with the availability of higher tier maps from Zana made grinding a much more pleasant experience. I also had no issues opening Strongboxes...I could see all the monsters pop out and run back easily...whereas before the screen would lock up and then most of the time I'd see nothing until I heard my character scream and die.

Still too risky...but damn I miss opening all those Strongboxes. ;)

Good luck on getting 98!
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 7:22:18 PM
Stun immunity does not help against careless mistakes, delays as well as map terrain conceals...
"
SasoriOtoko wrote:

Good luck on getting 98!

Thank you I am at 98 now.
Had to click on your account to make sure, lol. :D

Congrats! Who's buying the beer? =)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info