if you dont build around reflect... u will die

basically if you haven't noticed the extreme influx of chaos spark builds that have been around. personally I think this is a terrible mechanic that was set in place for absolutely no other reason to kill you. so after mapping literally all day and even going in and out of dried lake just to test some ideas I would have to say that out of the maps I ran almost half had a reflect mod that I had to chaos out of. if I then ran that map 50 percent of those had a reflect mob that would kill me. when u get to lvl 90 I had noticed that being killed by a reflect mob because the death is so fast... sorta takes the fun right out of the game. u realize that all your effort was wasted because of a mechanic that was put in to slow down your progress. I have probably crafted at least 15 different non cookie cutter builds that I would like to have made it to high levels but this one mechanic alone, maybe some others (corrupting blood) have caused them to honestly not rly do much but sit at the char select screen waiting to be used again but as fun as it may be its rather boring. the only build I have that is able to do pretty much anything I throw at it is a 78% block 78% spell block char that honestly is rather pathetic and boring to use.

reflect sucks and is only there to slow you down.

not very good with caring about punctuation or caps so whatever you have to say about them I will probably ignore... this isn't college and is not being graded haha.
awaiting till my time
Last bumped on May 4, 2017, 11:18:07 AM
i feel the very same way as you about punctuation and such.

anyway, your title is correct, thats for sure. reflect is always an issue on every build except the now popular 100% chaos builds...and thats half the reason why they're so popular!

im not going to say reflect shouldn't be in the game, but it is a pretty lazy way to try to soft cap DPS, if you ask me. that being said, it is relatively easy to counter reflect. all it takes is a slight bit of attention span to notice the mob so you don't nuke yourself by accident. otherwise running maps would be completely blind tedious and boring, even more so than it is.

in fact i find that almost all of my deaths are because i've gotten to droned into mapping that i miss a reflect mob and destroy myself. i specifically changed 3 pieces of my gear, 15 passives, and a number of flasks just so i don't nuke myself on one reflect mob. however if i don't hit the right flasks at the time before i hit said mob, i'll still instantly die, but that is the only attention this game is getting from me when im just mindlessly running maps over and over
"
xMustard wrote:

im not going to say reflect shouldn't be in the game

I'll help you then: reflect shouldn't be in the game. :)
You could play around it maybe?
"
Ceri wrote:
"
xMustard wrote:

haha
well think about what if it wasn't? i know personally, i would go back to what my build was, super SUPER high DPS, basically glass cannon damage without being a glass cannon. i wouldn't need to think about anything except just hitting 1,2,3,4,5 every 8 seconds and refresh my pet if it died.
i don't know if this is a good or bad thing
Reflect was heavily nerfed, it's really not an issue anymore unless you really do insane dps and you have no leech whatsoever.

If you play reflect maps, you will need to slow down, lose some dps, insert a life leech gem, atziri flask, etc. There are plenty of ways around it.

"Wealth in a game is measured by the amount of fun, joy and entertainment you can get out of it".
-Mythabril
mindlessly running maps I see can be very boring for some, I do the same thing with my block build. the alternative is to hit that lvl 90 mark and see if you can get another char to get to that spot also. the fun factor is in the build up to be awesome and to obtain gear relative to the build your creating. paying attention to reflect and of course that always necessary on every single piece of gear resists mods, is sorta well idk look at poe uniques and tell me is some of them don't stand out like yeah this will be awesome to use! but problem is low life on most... no resists... and either that or incorrect version of equip the item is rolled in like lioneyes armor... why its armor and not evasion makes that item almost trash for the idea of what its all about. I just want to have the ability to create anything I want and have the difficulty there but not a difficulty that makes certain things impossible. it like all I ever see is cookie cutter builds or game breaking bug builds.... and discharge... pretty much the most expensive items in the game revolve around discharge...... just ranting honestly. I would loooove to see something done about the stats that are absolutely necessary to have on equip so that way the game opens up to more builds.
awaiting till my time
you can play around it and yes reflect was nerfed... its not a problem for SOME... not all. I don't want to make the about oohhhh my builds have zero issues with reflect... build around it... use flasks to go against it... add a gem...

how much elemental leech you think you can get to combat a ranger that dies if it hits the target off the screen and cant tell there is a reflect mob because even tho capped resists and a lot of evasion its not enough to insta die
awaiting till my time
"
Ceri wrote:
"
xMustard wrote:

Reflect should start EARLY in the game but at a very toned down and easily manageable effect. Would remind people that there is such a thing as reflect. It should also be toned down across the game so that all character should be able to build with it in consideration unless they go full glass canon as opposed to be forced into few restrictive build.

It would then not just be a map mod that becomes character specific and essentially brick them but instead a game-wide mechanic that encourage leech, regen, slower pace, and maybe new anti reflect mechanics yet top be devised.

Remember how lightning thorn would rip anyone because of how strong and unpredictable it was? near offscren casters would cast it on mobs you were already killing and boom you died. that was a bad mechanic because it was too rng driven unless you were doing the place with flask always up. Running through and skiping content should never be the most logical option because it's already the easiest. Reflect should also never be able to kill someone so fast as it can now, no matter your damage or mitigation.

New people need to be helped too, the game should let it know when you are hitting a reflect with audio cues and even character talk. Your character could scream or arg in a specific way to highlight it.
DAYLEET this is exactly what I was thinking. reflect is waaayyyyy to over powered to a point where its actually caused me to just straight up quit and stop until its changed or fixed... I have spent money on this game for sure and I might not even be the only one who feels this way, meaning for ggg.... less revenue
awaiting till my time

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info