[2.6] Chieftain dual Siege Ballista. All map mods. 8k life. Beginner and budget tips.

Yeah build gonna still be strong.

But as much as I loved playing it, I find it very very difficult to play early on w/o the uniques to ease the lvling.
In fresh leagues that build is gonna be hell to play with untill a week in.
I played this build in the 2 week race hit lvl 80 in the first 2 days and im extremely bad at this game.

Yes it is hard to get started but it soon picks up speed and is worth the effort.

Thank you Elua for a very fun build i had a blast playing it :)

Also Elua what do you think of the Deadeye changes ?

Regards , Damo.
"
damocles32 wrote:
I played this build in the 2 week race hit lvl 80 in the first 2 days and im extremely bad at this game.

Yes it is hard to get started but it soon picks up speed and is worth the effort.

Thank you Elua for a very fun build i had a blast playing it :)

Also Elua what do you think of the Deadeye changes ?

Regards , Damo.

New league start is not easy until 40 lvl +, leveling item prices are very high in early league stage. I think it can be little easier if starting build looks like that:

After that just go for ancestral bond. It can be later changed using free respec points and will speed up leveling process.

And Deadeye changes are not so big for this build. It looses 20% projectile speed sadly, but gains bit dps and nice perk. New Rupture looks like good option for last 2 of 8 ascendancy points:

Last edited by Elua on May 28, 2016, 3:05:00 AM
can this build be good only with 5l? (and what gem setup if yes)
ing: @seeether
"
wecaftw wrote:
can this build be good only with 5l? (and what gem setup if yes)

Yes, it's not big deal. Skip Weapon Elemental Damage gem.
Totemic Zeal is right there and is one of the best comfort nodes in the game, why skip?
"
GreenAndGold wrote:
Totemic Zeal is right there and is one of the best comfort nodes in the game, why skip?

I tested this build with and without Totemic Zeal. Conclusions are you only feel difference in totem duration. Placement speed in unnoticeable, and barely different because all that overall stacked attack speed. Totem duration is mostly useless because packs die too fast to this thing be ever needed. On boss-es you will recast totem more often because they die to aoe. So that 3 Totemic Zeal points is like 3 mediocre quality dps points. If you get instead that small 3 points Berserking branch you will have much better gain.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

small update for gear:

this is propably the best dps - wise ring type you can get for this build

- adds 9-15 physical damage to attacks
- adds 7-72 lighting damage to attacks
- 7% increased attack speed

this is best combo and highest possible rolls for parts
ring in example is not perfect ofc, it lacks 70+ life mostly
Last edited by Elua on Jun 3, 2016, 3:57:32 AM
Is this build really THAT hard to level up in upcoming fresh league? I'm looking for something to comfy and careless play.
"
KurtVess wrote:
Is this build really THAT hard to level up in upcoming fresh league? I'm looking for something to comfy and careless play.

Leveling 1-40 is very dependant on items, and first league day will be not easy to buy stuff. It's doable self-found, but not fast. After 50 lvl it's good and effective. At 70 lvl it's probably cheapest build to run maps and farm Dried Lake with amazing speed.

I'm very happy ZiggyD announces new elemental meta in Prophecy and suggest 2 starter elementalist builds. That means 50% of community will go elemental and elemental item prices will sky-rocket :)
Physical, non-crit Siege Ballista is safe, and niche ;)
Last edited by Elua on Jun 3, 2016, 11:35:04 AM
"
Elua wrote:
"
KurtVess wrote:

Leveling 1-40 is very dependant on items, and first league day will be not easy to buy stuff. It's doable self-found, but not fast. After 50 lvl it's good and effective. At 70 lvl it's probably cheapest build to run maps and farm Dried Lake with amazing speed.

I'm very happy ZiggyD announces new elemental meta in Prpphecy and suggest 2 starter elementalist builds. That means 50% of community will go elemental and elemental item prices will sky-rocket :)
Physical, non-crit Siege Ballista is safe, and niche ;)

Thank You! That's all i wanted to know, and even more. I guess I'm up to the challenge. Gonna report my progress after few days and hopefully I can recommend your build to someone else.

Have fun in upcoming league and may the drop be with you!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info