[2.6] Chieftain dual Siege Ballista. All map mods. 8k life. Beginner and budget tips.

"
Rayzabladez wrote:
Well, apart from my inability to kill Atziri with these twin Ballista's, it is indeed one of the

easiest to level and play builds that I have tried out.

The set up makes for incredibly easy map runs and farming, it is actually quite relaxing to play,

unlike some builds that I have tried where you have to be constantly on your toes to prevent instant

rips.

You can fast clear and run through maps, or just slowly poke along whilst the Ballista's kill

everything. Either way the twin machines perform admirably.

My inability to kill the queen is probably down to my low DPS which is 26K per totem.

Anyway, this is a fun to play build that feels good to play.

Thanks to Elua for posting it up.

R.

Thank you for kind worlds I'm glad you like it.
Awesome build and fun to play too! I made a SB build this league as well based on yours which focuses on attack speed and bow phys damage.

I went with Hierophant instead to make use of 3 (less damaging) totems with but went crit based and using stronger MoM for defenses (uses Shapers seed and Immortal flesh to sustain MoM).

Tree using 1 Lioneye's fall jewel
Spoiler
http://poedb.tw/us/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUCAADuA5oEUQSzBS0GoAthEMwUdRUgGbQaOCF2I_YlPycvKk0rJizpLYMuUzB8Mfoy0TWSOdQ6Fjs7PC0_J0FyQYdDMUPIRUdFnUd-SshNkk8EUeZTUlb6WfNboFuvZIRlTWhYaFpo8m6qb_JyqXTtdct2rHb3d1N313rveyB8Dn8rg1-DzIUyhoKGs4bOidiNfY1-kFWSfZMHlIeYb5rgnsWgn6IAp1Wr0qyqrY2vbLXytz63trlDvJq9Nr6nwGbBM8T2xq7JZ89-02_Xlti92o3awdwj3Q3lz-oY6mLr7u1E8B_3MviT-b356P4K_oc=

My question is for a 5 link, will a Slower Proj Gem be better than added fire without WED?
Last edited by paolov1ph on Apr 28, 2016, 10:46:14 PM
"
paolov1ph wrote:

My question is for a 5 link, will a Slower Proj Gem be better than added fire without WED?

Slower projectiles are very close to added fire in terms of gained dps, but I suggest not use that gem, especially when your build skipped many very important projectile speed and arrow speed points in tree.

If you want test different support gem options best method is buy Tabula Rasa robe and check it on Dried Lake or white maps. Not always best tooltip dps one is best working one.
Last edited by Elua on Apr 29, 2016, 7:16:24 AM
Hey so I'm running this build currently, just did my first lab run at level 32 and all went smoothly, so kudos to you, the build is very strong already.

I just have a question regarding the final ascendancy point allocation.
The way I see it, I may drop Endless Munitions in favor of Ricochet.

The road to Endless Munitions only gives us 10% proj damage and an additional arrow (accuracy is useless due to Lioneye's, area radius is useless as well). Ricochet gives us 5% attack speed, 10% proj damage and a free Chain.

So to me this seems like it would be better, especially considering Rain of Splinters already gives us free LMP. So is the additional arrow really that much better than a free chain, have you considered either or tested Ricochet? As you've mentioned above that if you place your Ballistas correctly you'll get plenty of coverage, so I feel personally that the extra spread is not as strong as Chain.

Thanks.

edit - just remembered chain does nothing with a projectile that naturally has 100% pierce, forgive me hahaha.

That being said though, how come you don't spec into the frenzy charge nodes since you're so close to them on the tree?
Last edited by fluxofwar on May 2, 2016, 5:56:23 AM
"
fluxofwar wrote:

That being said though, how come you don't spec into the frenzy charge nodes since you're so close to them on the tree?

Yes it's very easy spend 4 points and get 2 more frenzy charges. At first my build got they, I swapped it for Quickstep and Berserking, because dps will be nearly same but comfort much better. Less frenzy means less stopping, and faster "acceleration" to max values. Also much less dependant on breaks and loot picking.

Ofc you can take it at cost of life nodes, but after 90 lvl survivability is much more important then dps, which is good enough from good gear and quality gems and jewels.
hi, thank you for the guide. I have a question here, so if u spend 2 passive points to get resolute technique which give u 100% hit and never crit, is it gonna be better to change your lioneye bow to other high dps bow ?
"
tudaiphat2129 wrote:
hi, thank you for the guide. I have a question here, so if u spend 2 passive points to get resolute technique which give u 100% hit and never crit, is it gonna be better to change your lioneye bow to other high dps bow ?

Yes, that is possible. But it must be VERY high pDPS bow like 490+ so this is insanely expensive option.

Top roll Lioneye's Glare is like 465+ pDPS rare bow.
Last edited by Elua on May 6, 2016, 10:59:26 AM
i'm planning to build like this:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAICAQBeAO4FLQX5BiMILgiJCpsNzRDME9oVIBVDFfAZjhm0Gf4aOBsBG60cziP2Jy8qEypNK1As6S2DLlMyATIJNZI31DrhPC0_J0MxR35KyE2STeNRR1O7WOVZ81orXWheRWHrZU1l02ZUZp5sRm6qcUNyD3Jscql07XXLelN673sUeyB9W311g1-DzIazjX2NfpBVkvOUb5S4lQWVzJrxmyabjaOKo_KmV6fUrEesqq-nsQGyGbXytz674702vqe_1cSixPbGrsqpzZjPXs9602_Tfti92sHnCupi7T_tg-968kX2o_iT-WP66_4K_lT-h_6P_rr-yA==?accountName=Elua&characterName=Hibikieleven

more life, more res, more evasion rating. What do u think ?
"
tudaiphat2129 wrote:
i'm planning to build like this:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAICAQBeAO4FLQX5BiMILgiJCpsNzRDME9oVIBVDFfAZjhm0Gf4aOBsBG60cziP2Jy8qEypNK1As6S2DLlMyATIJNZI31DrhPC0_J0MxR35KyE2STeNRR1O7WOVZ81orXWheRWHrZU1l02ZUZp5sRm6qcUNyD3Jscql07XXLelN673sUeyB9W311g1-DzIazjX2NfpBVkvOUb5S4lQWVzJrxmyabjaOKo_KmV6fUrEesqq-nsQGyGbXytz674702vqe_1cSixPbGrsqpzZjPXs9602_Tfti92sHnCupi7T_tg-968kX2o_iT-WP66_4K_lT-h_6P_rr-yA==?accountName=Elua&characterName=Hibikieleven

more life, more res, more evasion rating. What do u think ?

I don't see "more life" in your build, because it 5 other life nodes at cost of 6 in original one. It's more like more evasion at cost of dodge. It can work, but remember evasion is like lottery. Sometimes you got oneshotted even on high evasion %. So get life nodes first, to prevent this happens.

Another thing is skipping Profane Chemistry when you play totem build is NOT very smart move.
You survivability are dependant on flask quality and strength. That point saves my life in so many situation.
so... is it ok to skip acrobatics and p acrobatics. and focus on some all res? like this:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAICAQBeAO4FLQX5BiMILgiJCpsNzRDME9oVIBVDFfAZjhm0Gf4aOBsBG60cziLiI_YnLyoTKk0rUCzpLYMuUzIBMgk1kjfUOuE8LT8nQzFHfkfiSshNkk3jUUdTu1jlWfNaK11oXkVlTWXTZlRmnmxGbqpxQ3IPcmxyqXTtdct673sUeyB9dYNfg8yGs419jX6QVZLzlG-UuJUFlcya8Zsmm42jiqPypDmmV6fUrKqvp7EBshm18rc-u-O9Nr6nv9XEosT2xq7Kqc2Yz17PetNv037YvdrB5wrqYu0_7YPvevJF9qP4k_lj-uv-Cv5U_of-j_66_sg=?accountName=Elua&characterName=Hibikieleven

%hp still same but you get around 30% all res, over 100% evasion rating and 12% physic dmg. how u think?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info