The Goddess Unleashed

Very overpriced recipe for a weapon that is not worth it... only the very rich or the very stupid will make this weapon because it is not worth it as stated =)
this is so cool, the whole idea! good job to the creators and congratulations to everyone who attempted to solve the riddles.

i haven't tried myself, but i've been checking in and it put a smile on my face to see it done through team effort.
maybe if they changed the recipe so the divines are removed ( or maybe just one), reduce the 3 gems from 33 to 22 or so, and as GGG doesnt want a lot of cheap 6l items, set so sword has as many links as the item sacrificed ( any item, not a level 70 one!) would be fine.. ie sacrifice some 4l and you get a 4l, sacrifice a tabula and u get a 6l..

the cost needs to be vastly reduced for the item recipe to be useful and enrich the game.
have finally gotten used to the lab... I dont hate it anymore.:)
"
Xirgu wrote:
as GGG doesnt want a lot of cheap 6l items, set so sword has as many links as the item sacrificed ( any item, not a level 70 one!)

Did you check the price of "The chains that bind" recently ? you can have a "real" 6L armor for less than a exalted, if that's not cheap i don't know what it is.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
VideoGeemer wrote:
"
Shouldn't the increased AT and MV speed with Her Blessing be 33% instead of 20%?

Yeah, it really should. In fact, I thought it was.

-VG-

You really think I didn't ask for that? Lol. It was originally "gain onslaught for 3 seconds when you gain Her Blessing" but then onslaught became shit easy to get so we changed it to what it is now, which stacks with onslaught. For the flavour, I'm pretty damn sure I asked for 33 as and Ms but GGG are crazy wary of Ms on non boot items. Look they needlessly nerfed the added fire at the last minute and I trusted them. What choice did I have there? If mark2 and Carl say it's too strong, something has to go, well fuck, it's their game.

The recipe, however, is where I draw the line because it directly impacts how people perceive my 2k USD worth of contribution and hell, whether or not anyone even uses it. As Chris pointed out to me a few days ago, the fact that TGU never drops means no one can randomly find it and give it a go. That's the flipside to the great favour I did this community by not tainting their precious loot table with my self indulgent bullshit. ;)

But I firmly believe once people use TGU the way she is meant to be used, some folk will come to appreciate how she works, build with her and not just for her and hell, maybe make her an end game item in their own way.

This is where GGG fucked up. They tried to tell people how to use The Goddess, or even that they should. And they did this to convince people that that ridiculous recipe was worth it. Instead they should have made the recipe difficult but fair and let people find out for themselves. There is no hidden power to Unleashed. The stats have been known SINCE LAST YEAR. People still devoted themselves to the riddle. Clearly people wanted this item still knowing what it was.

And those people had already decided for themselves what She was. They didn't need GGG's very arbitrary declaration of "very powerful".

To me, this is the core of good item design. To create something that doesn't merely appeal to the current meta but instead entices players to think differently or try new things. To create items that people don't realise they want to try yet. To make something that will surprise people not by its stats but by the fact that once they try it, they might just find themselves using it a bit longer than they originally planned. This happened with both Bound and Scorned and it will happen with Unleashed. That dirty 6L is going to be damn hard for some less than rich players to give up, and each level they gain with TGU, the pain that comes with Her Blessing will seem a little less of a problem. Don't mistake me here: The Goddess in all Her forms represents an abusive, co-dependent relationship.

Does me telling you all this change your mind about whether or not you want to try this weapon? Probably not. That's how I know my design is a success... And how I know that recipe was a failure.

Edit: I tapped all that out on my tablet, apologies for typos.

6L exquisite blade no matter what the color is would be a very very good item, using that as cost but not getting a powerful unique in return makes this sword a luxurious item by definition, and like any luxurious or collectible things, if one are not a richy rich who can afford it one would hate it. Sure you can say you design it that way and GGG F it up with details, but the recipe itself is guaranteed to be hated.

basically your brain child item is the $1000 "designer bottled water" in POE, what do you expect?
Last edited by TravisL on Apr 16, 2016, 9:13:30 PM
Too many people saying its not a good item to create.
I also think its true.
But hear me
Other two sword already using two hand slots.This one can be a little different.So remove that from this item and put ;

''You can only use Rise of the Phoenix Mosaic Kite Shield with that item. ''

Thats makes sword op prob but idk. Just an idea.
So u can use it alone until lvl 65 than put the shield for endgame.

edit: And maybe disable sockets on shield while wielding with that sword.
Last edited by GhostreaL on Apr 16, 2016, 9:59:45 PM
"
Xirgu wrote:
maybe if they changed the recipe so the divines are removed ( or maybe just one), reduce the 3 gems from 33 to 22 or so, and as GGG doesnt want a lot of cheap 6l items, set so sword has as many links as the item sacrificed ( any item, not a level 70 one!) would be fine.. ie sacrifice some 4l and you get a 4l, sacrifice a tabula and u get a 6l..

the cost needs to be vastly reduced for the item recipe to be useful and enrich the game.
Well, there's a 3 theme with the sword, and Rhys said 33 made more sense than just 3 for these. I think actually just 3 would be pretty cool, but Charan has already put in his request, and if he likes 33, then 33 it is. :)

-VG-
Invited to Beta 2012-03-18 / Supporter since 2012-04-08
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
VideoGeemer wrote:
"
Shouldn't the increased AT and MV speed with Her Blessing be 33% instead of 20%?

Yeah, it really should. In fact, I thought it was.

-VG-

You really think I didn't ask for that? Lol. It was originally "gain onslaught for 3 seconds when you gain Her Blessing" but then onslaught became shit easy to get so we changed it to what it is now, which stacks with onslaught. For the flavour, I'm pretty damn sure I asked for 33 as and Ms but GGG are crazy wary of Ms on non boot items. Look they needlessly nerfed the added fire at the last minute and I trusted them. What choice did I have there? If mark2 and Carl say it's too strong, something has to go, well fuck, it's their game.

Yes, this makes sense. I figured maybe GGG didn't want to to it for whatever reason. Sorry if my previous "yes, it really should" came off too strong.

"
The recipe, however, is where I draw the line because it directly impacts how people perceive my 2k USD worth of contribution and hell, whether or not anyone even uses it.

Indeed. I really think all these shit-talkers wouldn't be saying such things if they didn't think they should get a master endgame sword because of the enormous price tag.

As for people trying it out .. .well, it'll happen either way, but without a recipe change it probably won't happen anything remotely like the way you had intended when you created the thing.

"
To me, this is the core of good item design. To create something that doesn't merely appeal to the current meta but instead entices players to think differently or try new things. To create items that people don't realise they want to try yet. To make something that will surprise people not by its stats but by the fact that once they try it, they might just find themselves using it a bit longer than they originally planned. This happened with both Bound and Scorned and it will happen with Unleashed. That dirty 6L is going to be damn hard for some less than rich players to give up, and each level they gain with TGU, the pain that comes with Her Blessing will seem a little less of a problem. Don't mistake me here: The Goddess in all Her forms represents an abusive, co-dependent relationship.

And, see, THAT is awesome designing. Hopefully GGG makes things right. I'd think they would have respect for these Diamind-created uniques and their places in the game (not always as BiS endgame pieces!).

-VG-
Invited to Beta 2012-03-18 / Supporter since 2012-04-08
"
Wazz72 wrote:
"
camapngu133 wrote:
"
Badgerbeater wrote:
To all the people calling this weapon useless/trash etc.

Lightning Coil was considered garbage for a very long time and now everyone and their mother uses one.

Coil get popular thanks to its unique mechanic (at that time). This sword has none.

Imo that's "66-99% of phys added as fire dmg". Reasoning here if you're interested
Spoiler
A good/perfect roll is twice as strong as the Added Fire gem; think about using HoA - and if you're rich, and most likely you are if you have this sword, the non legacy Kaom's Heart - to boost fire dmg, flat phys from gear ( Abyssus) that boosts phys AND fire, and you're looking at some nice dps. And I'm missing something for sure... also I'm no theorycrafter, so I'm not even thinking about all the possible builds/passive tree interactions.
On top of that, Her blessing stacks with Onslaught.

That said, it has some downsides too, and some map mods will not be doable. But calling it non end game viable just means a lack of user imagination/comprehension, if not a lack of reading skills...

Right. You just convinced me to go spend 110 exalts on this sword since Her Blessing stacks with onslaught and kaoms + abyssus will make it better. Hey! I just found a stick in the mud! If I dry it off and light it on fire I can save myself 110ex! woot!
🐢
lvl 28? low level pvp....

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info