The Goddess Unleashed

The designer of the sword did NOT design the recipe. This is not what he had in mind, this is just what GGG came up with. It was designed to be available earlier as I recall.

Put blame where blame is due.
Hey Charan, grats on the the completion of the trilogy. Unleashed might be and remain the rarest unique in the game. A bit jarring for those who wanted to build around it, but it's definitely got that unique factor nailed down.
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.
It's that whole equipping it bit that's jarring. Scorned has a little scavenger hunt, but nothing that a person can't acquire in the natural progression of a single character and well before it's outlived its usefulness. That it was a rewarding unique to play around with was a nice bonus. I gather you're going for a similar continuation along the progression curve for Unleashed, so hopefully the recipe re-balance brings it in line.

Still... being the rarest unique in the game somehow seems appropriate.
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.
it will not stay the rarest unique for long, the most difficult to use yes, only for masochistic ppls that want to shot in their feet, yeah.

IF only TE had crit chance :/
I will never be good but always I try to improve.
If the blessing thing works with elemental prolif, or the witch nodes and burns enemy's around you while you have it on your it could do some interesting damage combined with RF mayb?

can anyone test if the blessing dot works when you link it with ele. prolif, or use the witch/scion elementalist buff

edit: just read it again, not sure if you can even use rf and the sword since you cannot be ignited. T.T
Last edited by Amrissa on Apr 17, 2016, 10:13:46 PM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
ghamadvar wrote:
"
Lynerus wrote:
This weapon should be the best item in game for 10k and everything it takes to get it yet its one of the worst

Please tell me: What is the best item in this game with it's hundreds of builds?

Anyways: I watched the mathil video. It is sad. I really hoped that he could make something out of this sword. I think that the PR was just terrible. "Powerful item", all the drums that were played. Fanfares. A little bit too much hot air by a lot of people. And then: Battlefield earth. Man :( Maybe it would have been wiser to be a little more modest and humble with all that stuff going on with this sword. Just saying. There was a lot of noise.

All sound and fury, signifying nothing. A bit like Her, I guess, but that isn't something you're meant to find out until it's too late.

I was deeply concerned with that recipe from the start. This news post looks like the damage from the outside but it was also meant to be damage control, giving QA a chance to convince me the recipe was warranted by wowing the community. Boy did that ever backfire. They really didn't get what I was doing here at all and the campaign has been a disservice to the Goddess concept.

Oh well. Give it a week and the world will have moved on. The recipe change will go unnoticed for the most part. :)

I don't think and hope so, charan ;)
Anyways: I am deeply sorry that things went that way. Really. I was a silent reader of all that goddess-stuff. And i enjoyed it. It was one nerdy ride and i loved it. It sometimes reminded me of a heartbreaker in the making. A p&p-term for something made with passion and grim dedication. Most of the time meant to fail. That the goddess (at the moment) "failed" just because of bad communication and a very strange decision regarding the recipe: well ...
I still believe that it needs a little bit more power as an item as rare and special like the goddess. But this recipe killed it before THIS argument could even kick in.
The Sirus fight is a disgrace.
It's worse than the 2nd version for its level. :/ Lets invest a bunch of exalts into a sword knowing it will be weaker.. sure.
Rofl, after all that the thing is a POS. I wouldn't pay an exalt for that garbage. My entire CoC build cost me about 2 exalts and clears that map about 5-7x faster.
Last edited by Vaalamity on Apr 18, 2016, 4:10:30 AM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Recipe updated.

Nice to know, when will it be announced? Since i sold the Goddess to break even for old recipe, i wouldnt mind making the new version for the cool dialogue and art if its fairly cheap.
Last edited by RamboStonKampo on Apr 18, 2016, 5:45:53 AM
I'm not so sure that the biggest problem here is the recipe. Let me explain... I'll be as constructive as I can (and, as I'm not a native english speaking, with the limited vocabulary I have) :

For me, there are 4 reasons why people don't like the sword as it is now and the way to have it :

1 - The whole concept of The Goddess is, by far, the best (supporter) unique design in the entire game. And for that, Charan, you can be very proud of yourself. But this is also the main reason why most people here say your sword is bad... I mean... all that fuss for... well a pretty sword that can't really be used in endgame.
You can say it wasn't originally made for endgame but, some have waited years to know what will be the final chapter of Her story and Her final form. They (we) had big expectations about Her... She had to be great, good at least ! I'm sorry She's not.

2 - The fact that wielding Her and killing with Her gives you Her blessing, which is a good (but not great) buff but has also a big drawback, it means that you HAVE to build around that, like with RF. Noone builds around a levelling item. So, your sword had to be an endgame viable sword because of the concept of Her blessing.

3 - For the moment, Scorned is better than Unleashed, at least until someone discovers a neat (but niche) build with Unleashed. Unleashed has to be better than Scorned, and it has to be obvious that She is. She hasn't to be the best weapon in the game (GGG won't let that happen, it's a supporter designed unique after all, not their own creation) but a 3rd and last form better than Her 2nd one seems mandatory.

4 - Well ... the recipe... it can stay as it is ! ... if the sword get a BIG buff. Unless, it has to be a lot cheaper to get Unleashed. But everyone wants Unleashed to be a great sword... GGG please, let it be the great sword She deserves to be !

Charan, i'm sure your sword isn't exactly the sword you wanted it to be... and that, plus all the sh!t that has been said about your creation, must be a heartbreaker... but, and I have to repeat myself, you can be proud of what you've done. GGG should reward you for the time and money you've invested in this design and in their game as you deserve to be.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info