Dear GGG, is there a fix on the way for this? Multiple trap ="less dmg" instead of "less trap dmg"

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Once upon a time Remote Mine and Trap did give a generic More damage, and they were nerfed. Why? Back in those days, "x% increased Mine Damage" scaled the damage of Traps created by Mines, and apparently there were some issues massively scaling damage with Trap+Mine combo, given some very favorable passive nodes.

This also led to some weird Minion play. For example, the highest damage Zombies in the game for a while would be created using Remote Mine and Trap, using Sunblast to remove the need for enemies to trigger Traps. This was a lot like having three Minion Damage supports, but added a tedious, snapshotting-ish step to starting up your summoner.
still less weird than using a bow to cast spells and dealing 3x the damage of a 6l with only 4links

but thats not the kind of stuff that needs nerf

killing cluster traps is much more important
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Last edited by Sexcalibure on Apr 8, 2016, 1:37:48 PM
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
Honestly, Multiple trap support gem should had been what Cluster trap support gem is currently.
Wild strike is what elemental hit should have been
Earthquake is what groundslam should have been
and static strike has the effect that Shock nova should have gotten when it was a shitty skill

Ground Slam is still an awesome skill....it just they made another skill similar to it with a twist to make it more streamlined as a meta skill.

Shock Nova already got revamped, so it is more or less better than Static Strike. Hell, Lightning Strike got a revamp and it is better than Static Strike. Static Strike needs less duration if it wants to make a difference with the AoE portion of the skill....otherwise you have to...............melee in the face. In really high level content it is kinda dangerous to do that.

Elemental Hit has had some tweaks, but Wild Strike is still more interesting.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
Honestly, Multiple trap support gem should had been what Cluster trap support gem is currently.
Wild strike is what elemental hit should have been
Earthquake is what groundslam should have been
and static strike has the effect that Shock nova should have gotten when it was a shitty skill

Ground Slam is still an awesome skill....it just they made another skill similar to it with a twist to make it more streamlined as a meta skill.

Shock Nova already got revamped, so it is more or less better than Static Strike. Hell, Lightning Strike got a revamp and it is better than Static Strike. Static Strike needs less duration if it wants to make a difference with the AoE portion of the skill....otherwise you have to...............melee in the face. In really high level content it is kinda dangerous to do that.

Elemental Hit has had some tweaks, but Wild Strike is still more interesting.
what Static strike need is to store energy

atm it just burst based on your weapon damage

storing a portion of the damage you have dealt before its breakpoint would be awesome
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Jonmcdonald wrote:
Why is it preferred to have a global less multiplier compared to less trap multiplier, anyway?
The "less damage" modifier is inherently meant as a counterbalance against the "place extra traps" modifier.

The "place extra traps" effectively multiplies the potential damage output of not just the trap, but any objects created by the trap which then do their own skills.

Therefore the "less damage" should do so as well, or else it's not working as that counterbalance.
If the bonus (more traps) applies to some things that the penalty doesn't, then we have to balance the gem around those cases (mostly specific minions) where only bonus applies but the penalty doesn't, which would make the gem less appealing in all the cases the penalty does apply. That restricts build diversity significantly.

Pardon my ignorance, so does this mean if I'm just using cluster traps with a trap gem already that things won't change? Or will the mod change effect the current damage I do?

Just wanna plan ahead, thanks!
"
Kobeer wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Jonmcdonald wrote:
Why is it preferred to have a global less multiplier compared to less trap multiplier, anyway?
The "less damage" modifier is inherently meant as a counterbalance against the "place extra traps" modifier.

The "place extra traps" effectively multiplies the potential damage output of not just the trap, but any objects created by the trap which then do their own skills.

Therefore the "less damage" should do so as well, or else it's not working as that counterbalance.
If the bonus (more traps) applies to some things that the penalty doesn't, then we have to balance the gem around those cases (mostly specific minions) where only bonus applies but the penalty doesn't, which would make the gem less appealing in all the cases the penalty does apply. That restricts build diversity significantly.

Pardon my ignorance, so does this mean if I'm just using cluster traps with a trap gem already that things won't change? Or will the mod change effect the current damage I do?

Just wanna plan ahead, thanks!
you will feel the change only if you are using cluster traps with minion gems (totems too afaik)
So instead of this...
(55 to 36)% less Trap Damage

It's going to be this...
(55 to 36)% less Damage (except for use with Summon Skeletons)
Last edited by Redfeather_1975 on Apr 8, 2016, 3:50:26 PM
"
So instead of this...
(55 to 36)% less Trap Damage

It's going to be this...
(55 to 36)% less Damage (except for use with Summon Skeletons)
there wont be any exceptions

thats why they are changing it, so minions dont dodge this "less"
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
you will feel the change only if you are using cluster traps with minion gems (totems too afaik)

Meh, now my first post (just a couple of sentences that revolved around cluster traps) will feel very awkward. I thought this was going to effect trap gems, but the change will just effect other gems that was using cluster traps as a freebie. My point still stand on multiple traps support gem being meh though.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Apr 8, 2016, 4:37:57 PM
So if Trap damage modifiers don't affect the summons in question, then the bonus damage from Trap doesn't do anything for them either I assume? So we're just going to throw another less modifier into the mix for summoners and completely remove any logical incentive to ever combine traps and summons?
Last edited by Daeeedal on Apr 8, 2016, 5:19:13 PM
"
Daeeedal wrote:
So if Trap damage modifiers don't affect the summons in question, then the bonus damage from Trap doesn't do anything for them either I assume? So we're just going to throw another less modifier into the mix for summoners and completely remove any logical incentive to ever combine traps and summons?

Agreed.

Trap and Remote Mine should be changed from "X% more Trap/Mine Damage" to "X% more Damage" by the same logic that Multi/ClusterTrap reduce all damage, not just trap/mine damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info