Dear GGG, is there a fix on the way for this? Multiple trap ="less dmg" instead of "less trap dmg"

"
dudiobugtron wrote:
They should both be the same, i agree.
Yeah

GGG should just fix it so i can shut the fuck up and pass to another topic
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Thanks for the report! Cluster Trap should indeed have a generic less damage modifier, and this will be fixed for a future patch.
Oh man, how does it feel calling for a compensatory buff for Multiple Traps and then getting Cluster Trap nerfed instead?

Why is it preferred to have a global less multiplier compared to less trap multiplier, anyway?
"
Jonmcdonald wrote:
Why is it preferred to have a global less multiplier compared to less trap multiplier, anyway?

So that people can't do fun things like make minion or totem traps.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Thanks for the report! Cluster Trap should indeed have a generic less damage modifier, and this will be fixed for a future patch.
Seriously Mark
i've always liked you as a individual and a professional but.. really?

where is the logic in making it Global rather than "Trap"?

why when its a "more" you gate it behind "trap" tag and when it to make it "less" Sky is the limit, no fun allowed

Can you guys be consequent and make it all "global" or all "trap"

PS: i miss you signature " I make skills" :( but now i understand why you removed it, because you dont only "make skill" you "Unmake" them too
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Last edited by Sexcalibure on Apr 7, 2016, 9:28:19 PM
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
now i understand why you removed it, because you dont only "make skill" you "Unmake" them too

nooooo, don't nerf

5x ancestral protector totem + trap + cluster trap

the pvp dream (kill them with laughter)
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
Sexcalibure: Uh you have a problem there, can you fix it?

GGG: Omg we dun goofed and he's showing it in general, lets hide it!

other GGG: but where, it doesnt belong anywhere else!

GGG: lets move it to feedback and suggestion, nobody gives a fuck about that section, nobody will see our fail

All im asking is a fix (aka yes its a bug/error) or an answer from a Dev (aka its intended) about this

Not every developer reads every subforum, and we have yet to perfect hive mind technology so it's quite helpful to us when support moves threads where we can see them.

Keeping a thread in General Discussion may get more player responses but those don't correlate with developer views. The latter tends to be more important for feedback and bug reports, even if it's less obvious when that happens.

It's fine if you post bug reports or to question balance decisions, but please remember we're on the same side here. We both want to make the game the best it can be.

In any case, this thread appears to be a balance change request framed as a bug report. That indicates it belongs in Feedback/Suggestions and not General Discussion.
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
"
So that people can't do fun things like make minion or totem traps.

Where are the op minion trap builds ? blink/mirror arrow minion trap build being fun but hardly op.
Im guessing ur being sarcastic though and the biggest blow is for fun (thanks mark).
"
Jonmcdonald wrote:
The "less damage" modifier is inherently meant as a counterbalance against the "place extra traps" modifier.

The "place extra traps" effectively multiplies the potential damage output of not just the trap, but any objects created by the trap which then do their own skills.

Therefore the "less damage" should do so as well, or else it's not working as that counterbalance.
If the bonus (more traps) applies to some things that the penalty doesn't, then we have to balance the gem around those cases (mostly specific minions) where only bonus applies but the penalty doesn't, which would make the gem less appealing in all the cases the penalty does apply. That restricts build diversity significantly.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info