[2.4] Time-wicked Miner, Occultist 3 curses. Uses bow. Extremely tanky, easy T15 & Uber Lab farm

"
conflargate wrote:
Darkscorn vs +1 bow is like
Lightning coil vs Carcass jack

Basically, darkscorn is a defensive option while 6L bow is a cheap/budget/damage option, depending if its white/has resits/is rolled +1.

Weird, I liked the shrapnel. Its worth to respec at ~91 tho, before it is not enough defenses or not enough utility.

kk, thanks for the reply. I'll hang on to my + 1 bow for now. Perhaps I'll revisit the shrapnels. Think I'll go for this build in the next league actually.
..curiously watching patch notes for the path of nerf. Will this be viable after? I guess we can survive the curses nerf, but what about the poison?
LOL every single build I'm using is nerfed to the ground. Guess that's the end of this game for me :) Finally a reason to quit.
'Remote Mine's damage modifier no longer affects damage over time.'

Amazing. Sigh. My second build after CoC. Darn. I will still try it, but yet... darn. My dreams of keep getting Uber Atziri fully squashed like a bug.

Is there a possible transition to traps? That is, if it does not get the next nerf...
I'm quitting the game. Selling all I have for good prices. Amongst other things a legacy shavs (check my chars). PM me if you are interested.

F*ck GGG and their nerfing.
I must say this still has potential. The defensive basis of this build, the Soul&Ward part is amazing, it surely must have a way to go on, even when the damage is not that good. I recognize that the whole targeting thing is a bother, but overall it's 'just' getting single dip instead of double dip for poison. Which is bad, but we should be able to sill kill things quite well. Thinking specially atziri.

The auto targetting thing is more a bad thing to clear the areas first (that whole thing of leaving the mine at a distance, run and activate), but sometimes for certain fights it has bothered me, it's more a QoL thing... so I really feel this should be viable.
With my calculations with the same tree and this being the only change we're dropping from 22609 damage/s per mine to 13191 damage/s per mine.
I'll update the spreadsheet later to display this.

With 3 mines it's also brutal, because its suddenly 67k-> 39k ...

This is still a lot. They buffed monster life, so this might be balanced after all.

At the start of essence league I'll be making an essence drain build probably, it might look very similar to this one. For sure using enfeeble and temp chain despite the curse reduction on bosses is much more harsher (been: 100+40+10-60 = 90% of tooltip value, it is now: (100+40+10)*(100-60) = 60% of the tooltip value), and probably soul strike + wicked ward because of how similarly this build plays to that one (no leech, no direct damage).
Last edited by conflargate on Sep 1, 2016, 6:30:37 AM
"
conflargate wrote:
With my calculations with the same tree and this being the only change we're dropping from 22609 damage/s per mine to 13191 damage/s per mine.
I'll update the spreadsheet later to display this.

With 3 mines it's also brutal, because its suddenly 67k-> 39k ...

This is still a lot. They buffed monster life, so this might be balanced after all.

At the start of essence league I'll be making an essence drain build probably, it might look very similar to this one. For sure using enfeeble and temp chain despite the curse reduction on bosses is much more harsher (been: 100+40+10-60 = 90% of tooltip value, it is now: (100+40+10)*(100-60) = 60% of the tooltip value), and probably soul strike + wicked ward because of how similarly this build plays to that one (no leech, no direct damage).

But, essence drain would not benefit ES?

In any case, don't know you, but today, the last day of joy, I am going to farm the shit of UberIzaro and Atziri (unfortunately, no uber sets left unless I get really lucky...)
Essence drain is still good with ES. All the damage nodes for ED are close to the ES nodes.
Soul strike as the only form of defense is also valid.

Using this invalidates using consuming dark though, which is kinda painful.
Maybe it'll just be a plan wicked ward occultist, perhaps with the beast fur shawl... we'll see.
I was wrong, the new calculations, including curse effectiveness for vulnerability (90->60 in %effectiveness), posion damage (10->8% of original damage) and not affecting DOTs with remote mine (previous posion damage /1.49) just reduced total damage output by ~20%.

This will still be viable.
This might be even as good as it was before or even better with essences and spell damage bows.

I'll update the build as soon as I'll get good in Essence. Got some real life things colliding with essence league start, so won't be able to rush it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info