[2.4] Time-wicked Miner, Occultist 3 curses. Uses bow. Extremely tanky, easy T15 & Uber Lab farm

I think it is restricted because the nodes are far south.

You can try making one.
If you plan on using atleast 3 curses and Soul Strike, I recommend this as the base tree for defense.
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMBAN-Ku_x88H6h6QIVfpEHadhLrkJ6GyV6cNlbbRkRUJf0IvQ1uVJTbAunKx1Pl5U9X5MnTLO-in_G74gEB6EvytPBxfk36-S0DOwYiELXz18q6rqP-nC7Tm0d2UmxdFUNfPDVpcRDVKyYV8mVLklRnDL0cffXKPoHHoRIm6GCx1xrGGr56MNteC9Bh3zlnL5YBw0fPCg=
its 66 points already.

Keep in mind you also need: Sunblast and 2 jewel sockets for cheap construction perhaps.

You also would not have any option of stacking up damage beforehand.
Mines are not as clunky as they seem, not when minefield is here. Its like a better spell echo with auto target and possibility of choosing targets inteligently instead of casting 2 times in the same place.
Another thing to keep in mind is also that traps have limited ammunition. You're not a saboteur with the insane trap recharge speed. Mines is what you can spam however you like, replace when you feel you placed them bad, etc.

Anyway you need a mechanism of auto-trigger and the only one accesible is a quite bad belt that also restricts you from taking duration nodes.
What u think about 4x Coated Shrapnel and free link for damage or cheaper build with 5link?

Also i want farm lab with it, and i cant choose, what better, ci or LL
Scorn help vs traps? and same question about "reduced damage taken from damage over time"
Last edited by StoryOff on Jun 28, 2016, 9:28:38 PM
Well, with just soul strike + wicked ward you are practically immune to trap damage (after 0.75s of standing still, usually). I have no problem with traps despite being low life. Keep in mind most trap clusters are easy with blink arrow.

I was thinking about Coated Shrapnel, but I didn't find enough spots to invest the points. You need mine damage on tree and lots of ES.

Go CI if you want a cheap build. And go for 6L directly. 6L white bows start at 30c, you can probably get a corrupt one for like 10c or so, either way its not a huge cost.
Last edited by conflargate on Jun 29, 2016, 8:33:34 AM
For real, i choose ll, because its cheaper lol.

350c curse helm + dunno how much good es armour, i think around 100c.

250c shavronne, 15c around perfect the vertex

got bow 6l bow for 14c
Very hard to roll this, i spend around 100 alts, got +1 lvl 3 times, after this i spend 300 alts and 0 +1 lvl gems:D Dex pain for now, 0 gloves how your with good es and dex, even if i check offline trades

We have 4jewel sockets, but we loose energy from within and remaining res from other sockets(without good jewels its not possible for me get 169allres)
So may be i think about it in future, if i not die ofcourse, because as u said, we dont have enough passives until 90~ lvl:)
But... if we put empower instead poison.... its unreal buff. Max we can get 26(!)lvl bladefall with 4lvl empower. and 25 with 3lvl, its more realistic, but still cool. Im not good at math, but it must be around 30% pure damage on bladefall + 3lvl to all other support gems. Total around 50% boost.

Thx for answer.

Also have some questions, if i off my bm curses, its help in lab vs traps? or if i loose all es, i anyway die with my 700-1k hp?
And how damage flasks work with mines?
For example
1)If i drop mines and after this i drink damage potion, and use detonate mines, i'll get bonus damage?
2)If i drink damage potion and after this i put mines, then i'll wait, when damage potion effect ends and use detonate mines, it will get damage from flask?

Right now i'm lvl 80, killed uber izaro with 3 keys on lvl 73-74 with 17lvl bladefall and 6k es oO.
Last edited by StoryOff on Jun 30, 2016, 12:45:48 AM
Don't know anything about snapshotting the mine damage, so cant help with the potion issue. I also like to carry potions that dispel DOTs like Ignite/Posion cleanse, to not block Wicked Ward ES regen start.

Haven't really checked how traps in lab work in terms of life reservation but I don't find any problem with it anyway.

I got lucky with the helm enchant but it is not required. You will be fine with just Vertex with no enchant, or any other enchant (blink arrow recovery speed, bladefall related ones, or even none :) )

Gloves are hard to find dex on, that's why you should focus dex on ring (45+). Because of dex we are pathing inefficently to Clever Construction.

As you can see from the build, 73-74 uber izaro with lv17 bladefall is easy ;) wanted to post videos of me doing uber atziri with one stupid death and uber lab run, but they're too long for youtube. Gotta find some other hosting and more time, got lots on my head atm.

Edit: To display how I'm dealing with traps, I'm gonna record a short video on it.
Last edited by conflargate on Jun 30, 2016, 11:32:50 AM
Would this build work with shadow/trickster? I really liked it, but i don't like the witch looks/lore..XD
Thanks for posting this. I've been playing a chaos based Soul Strike/Wicked Ward build using Caustic Arrow. It's tanky as hell but the single target was slow sometimes. Thanks to this thread I've got some weapon swap ideas to try.

I almost wonder if you might be better with a +1 bow for damage. You could get a level 5 Empower that way, and a nice boost to all the gems. Plus while the chaos conversion on Darkscorn sounds nice, you're reducing the portion of your damage that gets the 'takes increased physical damage' buff from a jacked up Vulnerability.
This build is witch only. Cannot do it with anything else. Based on Wicked Ward, Occultist ascendancy.

As for the empower... It is probably better, but only by like 10-20% i think and its way more expensive (with lv4). Remember that Trap&mine dmg despite being only a 1.4 more multiplier, it applies to both posion and bladefall damage, thus double dipping. From my calculations (will post the spreadsheet some day) posion was 2/3rds of my damage with current links. Investing a gem slot that affects only 1/3rd of your damage, and getting a flat increase on the remaning 2/3rds seems not that good over multiplying 1/3rd by x1.4 and 2/3rds (with the flat increase, aswell!) by another x1.4 .

I actually tried empower in a +1 bow, but it was lv3 I think, was very close. The thing i liked was the 125% mana multiplier instead of 140%.

I am using a +1 bow atm, because i wanted a cheap 6L - shavs 6L is really hard to get, while a 6L bow costs no more than 40c
"
conflargate wrote:
Another thing to keep in mind is also that traps have limited ammunition. You're not a saboteur with the insane trap recharge speed. Mines is what you can spam however you like, replace when you feel you placed them bad, etc.

Anyway you need a mechanism of auto-trigger and the only one accesible is a quite bad belt that also restricts you from taking duration nodes.

Thanks for the elaborate answer! You have convinced me :)

Soul Strike is my favorite unique. I use it on an OCC explosive arrow (with quilrain) and a OCC totem bladefall (darkscorn) char on hc. Never made a miner, time to create one :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info