[2.3] ChaosOrb Trapper ONE HIT UBER ATZIRI! Millions of DPS (with videos)

"
Dromidas wrote:
So I tried dropping the 2nd skill duration increase to pick up ele overload... I didn't really notice a damage improvement. After about half a day I put it back to skill duration since 40% initial damage vs 45% more duration (which double dips into firestorm and poison) wasn't worth the effort of relying on orb of storms to keep up when the damage increase was only minor.

Which mobs were you testing this on? Because I notice a HUGE improvement in damage and how fast I kill using elemental overlord. You will do 40% MORE damage (multiplicative) with elemental overlord, this is huge. Have you tried UBER Atziri with it yet? Killing trash mobs/bosses that die fast anyways would be a bad example to see the damage difference. Also, it's not 45% MORE (multiplicative) duration, it's 45% INCREASED (additive) duration.
Twitch Stream:
www.twitch.tv/mindscoped
Last edited by unchainedlive on Apr 14, 2016, 4:09:46 PM
"
"
Dromidas wrote:
So I tried dropping the 2nd skill duration increase to pick up ele overload... I didn't really notice a damage improvement. After about half a day I put it back to skill duration since 40% initial damage vs 45% more duration (which double dips into firestorm and poison) wasn't worth the effort of relying on orb of storms to keep up when the damage increase was only minor.

Which mobs were you testing this on? Because I notice a HUGE improvement in damage and how fast I kill using elemental overlord. You will do 40% MORE damage (multiplicative) with elemental overlord, this is huge. Have you tried UBER Atziri with it yet? Killing trash mobs/bosses that die fast anyways would be a bad example to see the damage difference. Also, it's not 45% MORE (multiplicative) duration, it's 45% INCREASED (additive) duration.

When you have only 50% increased duration from passives, adding another 45% is almost as good as multiplicative. It is a 95% total duration increase vs 50% duration increase.

If poison normally lasts 2 seconds, with 50% increase it lasts 3, with 95% it lasts almost 4.
Firestorm normally lasts 2 as well, so with 45% more duration you get both 1 more second of firestorm and 1 more second on the poisons also.

There are secondary benefits to the duration increase also, my vaal discipline and immortal call lasts quite long which are some major survival improvements.

I haven't done ubers yet, but I have done T15 maps (and of course regular atziri not that that counts for much).
Last edited by Dromidas on Apr 14, 2016, 8:39:37 PM
"
Dromidas wrote:
"
"
Dromidas wrote:

When you have only 50% increased duration from passives, adding another 45% is almost as good as multiplicative. It is a 95% total duration increase vs 50% duration increase.

If poison normally lasts 2 seconds, with 50% increase it lasts 3, with 95% it lasts almost 4.
Firestorm normally lasts 2 as well, so with 45% more duration you get both 1 more second of firestorm and 1 more second on the poisons also.

There are secondary benefits to the duration increase also, my vaal discipline and immortal call lasts quite long which are some major survival improvements.

I haven't done ubers yet, but I have done T15 maps (and of course regular atziri not that that counts for much).

Your build is different than mine, might as well go trickster if you are worried about dying. Your true test is an Uber Run, there you will see how much more powerful Elemental Overlord is and having 45% increased duration for me is a waste since everything dies instantly and the poison never completely runs for the full duration (at 50% increased duration) thus wasting it (hence the title of this build). I min/maxed for damage and I have 0 issues with survivability. However, this just shows that the build is flexible enough where you can sacrifice damage for survivability to fit your play-style. I believe another person started using a shield with one consuming dark dagger (only 75% Fire to Chaos conversion), which is cool because that fits their play-style.
Twitch Stream:
www.twitch.tv/mindscoped
Last edited by moniek909 on Apr 15, 2016, 4:39:04 AM
"
moniek909 wrote:

It should work. However, I would strongly urge you to get the Potency Of Will node to increase your duration for your poison.
Twitch Stream:
www.twitch.tv/mindscoped
I saw your op gear and you only have 7k ES, i don't think I will be able to get similar items. Will i survive all the same?

Lets say:

150 ES boots
440 ES non-legacy 5L shav
320 - 340 ES vertex
40 ES rare chain belt
150 ES rare gloves
and moonstone rings without elreon's ES%
and rare amulet with ES%

There's a lot of space for improvement there, but with something like that to start, will i be able to kill everything and survive?
"
Ergolic wrote:
I saw your op gear and you only have 7k ES, i don't think I will be able to get similar items. Will i survive all the same?

Lets say:

150 ES boots
440 ES non-legacy 5L shav
320 - 340 ES vertex
40 ES rare chain belt
150 ES rare gloves
and moonstone rings without elreon's ES%
and rare amulet with ES%

There's a lot of space for improvement there, but with something like that to start, will i be able to kill everything and survive?

You will be fine. You basically throw down your traps and keep your distance. However, with the evasion flasks i don't even care about being hit anymore. Always remember that the best defense in this game is HOW the player plays. You could also go trickster instead and get a huge boost in ES and Evasion.
Twitch Stream:
www.twitch.tv/mindscoped
Ok, thanks! I'll try it ^^ i'm missing the daggers though but I bought the shavs!
Yeah I went with more defensive because I can't seem to hit over 5147 ES.

308 vertex (temp chains/ discipline (L19 currently) / enlighten) which all get +1
407 shav (need to divine this at some point since its 171)
46 ring
19% es amulet
loris lantern (more survivability, sitting at 27% chaos and 26% movement)
166 es gloves
114 es boots (these seem super hard to get high es)
39 es belt
Posting to save this build, have the daggers and 10 ex to buy/craft a shavs its going to be a fun night when i get home lvling thank you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info