[2.3]Dela's Obliterate Build CHEAP & FAST clears 200% life UPDATED

@miva2 - Hey there! If I were you I'd 4l (and eventually try to 5l) your carcass jack. I just want to echo what shivaun said, all great advice. Make sure that if you spec into the build at level 66 that you also try a Blade Fall setup for awhile until KB feels better. For some people they need a few more levels for it surpass Blade Fall.

@xmustard - everything that lukasstid said is spot on. GMP and KB go hand in hand and are a virtual must together. It's easy to test with and without - the difference is incredible. As to the Elemenatllist V's Pathfinder is a personal choice. There are others as well like scion. It really comes down to dps V's defense.

"
curious as to how important poison is for this build

Extremely important. There are tons of overlapping explosions and the poison damage adds up quickly. It also double dips and becomes very potent with our skill tree. It is so important in fact that I have recommended going away from snakebite gloves because if the frenzy charges while fighting ever drop - it hurts a ton. Losing out on the ability to poison is too much of a downside, especially for tougher targets.
sounds good.

so have you tried out concentrated effect with kinetic blast then? it would raise its damage quite significantly. yes you'd have less overlap but probably still a bunch since you're using GMP, and the poison damage caused will double dip and also have 59% more damage.

this would help out on single target, i imagine, but also would not hinder (or help) the explosion radius/damage. is this a viable replacement to pierce??
"
so have you tried out concentrated effect with kinetic blast then? it would raise its damage quite significantly. yes you'd have less overlap but probably still a bunch since you're using GMP, and the poison damage caused will double dip and also have 59% more damage.

this would help out on single target, i imagine, but also would not hinder (or help) the explosion radius/damage. is this a viable replacement to pierce??

So for me the mandatory links are KB, GMP, Pierce, Poison, Added Chaos. IMHO these can't really be replaced. They are all just too good and synergistic. Pierce is what makes KB work- its bread and butter.

The 6th link CAN be Conc effect, but I prefer Void Manipulation. I have tested both a reasonable amount.

Reason being that KB says that the explosions deal 25% LESS damage. The conc effect gem ONLY applies to the explosions, so conc effect is really only a 45% more multiplier. Void manipulation, is a 39% more multiplier to all our chaos damage, which is a majority, if not nearly all, of our damage, including the initial hit.(because it also applies to the initial hits that generate poison) Conc effect also has a 140% mana multiplier where as Void Manipulation has 120%. Additionally, we want the KB explosions to be as big as possible since multiple hits will poison and stack on the enemy. Increased AOE gem is actually quite good for this reason even though it doesn't add damage.

So bottom line you're trading 25% LESS area (less poison stacks) while increasing your mana multiplier by 20% and damage by only 6% give or take. (This isn't exact since Void Manipulation doesn't affect the physical portion of our damage, but it does affect the poison that the physical hit applies.) Hope this makes sense as to why I think Void Manipulation and even Increased AOE gems are better than Conc Effect.
Last edited by getinthevan on Apr 27, 2016, 10:50:07 PM
i can see how and why void manip is better than conc in your explanation, but why is pierce bread and butter? you only sit at 50%, do you not?
the added more multi on pierce is great, but if you want pierce is it worth using something like projectile weakness?
"
xMustard wrote:
i can see how and why void manip is better than conc in your explanation, but why is pierce bread and butter? you only sit at 50%, do you not?
the added more multi on pierce is great, but if you want pierce is it worth using something like projectile weakness?

Try this with 100% pierce:
Spell echo + Frost Wall in one of your available gem slots.
When fighting boss, cast frost wall 3 times on the boss (which is 6 walls in total) and then KB the boss.

Then take out pierce gem (50% pierce) and do the same.

You will see the difference.
BTW This build become one of my favourite's builds ;-)
Clearing speed is so amazing and can easy beat all archer's build when we have on mind that's so cheap ;-)
How 2 contact me?

Whisper EveryTimeeWeTouch or write in forum
mb i didnt see that suggestion etc but .. why not just go rt? :> helps even a lot with gearing so that u can even more focus on other stuff =)
I've been using Frenzy instead of Kinetic Blast.
The main benefits from using Frenzy is I don't have to use Blood Rage and I receive additional 5% damage per Frenzy Charge. I'm still loving the build very much! Thanks for the Guide.
For the ranger/pathfinder variant, in the Gorge video, what is the skill that is going off at 1:08 - 1:15?

It fires off red projectiles in every direction in a big circle around the player. It happens many times in the video but happens like ~10 times at 1:08-1:15.

Praise Bisco the Doge <3
"
Whiskeys wrote:
For the ranger/pathfinder variant, in the Gorge video, what is the skill that is going off at 1:08 - 1:15?

It fires off red projectiles in every direction in a big circle around the player. It happens many times in the video but happens like ~10 times at 1:08-1:15.

That would be rampage activating
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Rampage
First tier effect: A nova of spears that damage and stun surrounding enemies

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info