Are Perandus mobs killing your frame rates?

I've read the last development manifesto and it looks like good news are coming. We need to be patient but it looks ok.

By the way from what i can grasp from the info there i think the main issues about Poe performance at the moment are the memory issues, and that light issue. The latter is probably the culprit for my stuttering since it happens only with some but not every perandus mob i encounter, and the problem usually go away after they are killed. Pretty sure they fixed some ground effect issue as well.

Luckily even the last driver update from amd yesterday has mitigated a little bit my issues. I reckon amd has somehow optimized memory usage so Poe runs slightly better for me now.

I feel better, i mean, it's not flawless but GGG is working for future performance improving and i can play decently now.
For an Emperor to be just, an Emperor must be patient.
 Thank you Chris: Performance Improvements. Developer communication with players is paramount to keeping us informed and knowing that as a game company you are doing everything you can within your physical limits (human resources and financially) to address (and hopefully solve) performance problems. Always keep us informed, I/we highly value your candidness.

It's always a tight rope walk for the devs. They don't have millions of dollars to throw at the performance problem and get us a smoother playing PoE so our playing experience suffers. GGG didn't have the initial financial capital at the beginning of PoE development to license a commercial game engine so they rolled their own and thus today they have to lie in the bed they have made and performance suffers.

I thank Chris for his openness and explaining that in the last few weeks their server hosting company SoftLayer has experienced some performance issues. Whether it's an internal network backbone data bottleneck within SoftLayer's data center network, a fiber carrier related problem (oops, someone dug in the wrong place and one of our fiber lines went dark), a DDOS attack is trying to packet flood their network to overload and disrupt service, or just the increased data load of more players in Ascendancy and higher traffic volume is exposing SoftLayer bottlenecks, the bottom line is that if our server/client stream of data packets is disrupted then that results in a stutter of some kind.

Think about it for a moment, if we want at least 50 frames per second to play PoE smoothly then that means each frame needs to be rendered in 20 ms or less time. 0.02 seconds is a very short amount of time and if anything causes a server/client communications disruption then bad things happen and our QoP suffers and some players will rage post out of frustration. This will always be an ongoing problem given how the Internet works and how the world is physically wired together. Clever programming can help mitigate QoP issues some in PoE but can only go so far. If SoftLayer can't provide the level of performance PoE demands for smooth play then I'm glad Chris is being up front about it and letting us know rather than treat us like mushrooms (keeping us in the dark and feeding us shit). This could easily be the reason for the increased DCs we've experienced in Ascendancy.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Apr 6, 2016, 10:45:44 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info