Are Perandus mobs killing your frame rates?

TLDR; yes it does.

I heard about the disable Vsync method, gonna try it now see if it prevent the game from iddping to 10fps... And... It dip from 100+ fps to 30fps.

i5 2500k, 12GB DDR3, R9 280X

Roll a twined orchard map just now, a perandus group in boss room... 1fps. ALT+F4... (correction - turn out to be TWO perandus box...)
I guess I should try grab a fresh new client copy later, not sure if my several years old "dirty" copy might affect performance.
Last edited by xonedl on Mar 29, 2016, 3:09:54 AM
Yes they are (mostly those huge blue pack of dischargers / freezepulsers).

But I was more surprised at how laggy (stuttering) burning ground has become. I though they fixed that??! -_-
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Mar 29, 2016, 4:48:25 AM
7970 Vapor-X OC here, and i get insane frame drops, 1080p windowed fullscreen, all details min, vsync, no shake, no PP.

What kills my fps:
- Perandus chests
- Ground effects
- Party play in general

also old indoor maps like necropolis, crypt etc. are lagging everytime.

Ordered a new GFX today, lets c if nvidia performes better than ATI. I hope so...
> Alt Arts for Sale: /view-thread/3260276

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!
Last edited by Doe on Mar 29, 2016, 4:54:46 AM
Perandus mobs killing + rain effect + ground effects = certain death . this is why i dont even try hardcore , i can run smoothly games from 2015 .
i personnaly think we dont need more leagues or more acts or more content GGG just a good engine to enjoy the game .
foolish mortal, only skilled players blessed by RNGesus himself can ever farm one, not you!
Yep, from ~100 fps into single figures, every time.
I'm no stranger to fps drops, but there was once a Zana mission with seawitches/beyond and a pera box... My game froze for several seconds.

"
morbo wrote:
But I was more surprised at how laggy (stuttering) burning ground has become. I though they fixed that??! -_-

I thought I was imagining things about burning ground. Maybe I wasn't.
[s]only mindless sheep think labyrinth is OK to have in PoE.[/s]
okay nevermind labyrinth, fix dx9 blackscreen instead...

What FPS?
In regular instaces it whas mostly horible but then i started maps.
It whas Prison with beyound and let me tell you it is worst thing ever seen in PoE history.
Ther whas i minding my bisnis and hell broke lose, auras from beyound, beyound boss with his minions, perandus monsters, all constantly making more and more crap spaming tons of effects with spell and on death effects, also resomoning and respwaning.

I whas raging in chat with my frend, he say get better PC, i say to him even f.. 5x I5 he got wont make a bloody difrance. Well when he got to the maps and im sure he whas not even in close scenarion that he say it do lagg...

I think realy, you dont whana combine some stuff in maps as ther no chance in hell it be playable.

Most anoying part escept the friking lagg is the f coloors, how monster react, they move so randomly spawining effects and when you combine that with fast respawn if you kill them in certein way.
The fact idk what the hell im up agenst becouse thos colors are poor indication and even monster tupe is hard to see becouse of coloors and effects and speed they randomly move, respawn and attack effects.

ClusterFuck is only asociation i got for them.
"
_ly wrote:
Yep, from ~100 fps into single figures, every time.

u should really use vsync with poe, its more stable, but doesnt prevent u from fps drops
> Alt Arts for Sale: /view-thread/3260276

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!
I only encounter FPS drops with CoC+perandus+pack size+highest graphics

When I play with my normal "idgaf about shadows" low graphics I only lose frames to pack size+discharge mobs

I think maybe the perandus mobs issue that others have is that they resurrect when they die, over and over again... and since we all clear things hella fast nowadays, it's a combination of our skill effects+their effects happening too quickly every frame
I used to get frame drops on Perandus (and with crit Mjölner build) down to almost 0.

Just replaced my ageing AMD black CPU with an i7-6700K running @ 4600Mhz, and my frame drops are basically gone.

Still chugs a bit in town, but that is ok.

The plan is simple: win! If you do not win, you did not follow the plan

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info