Are Perandus mobs killing your frame rates?

I think the issue is about performance pre and post 2.2.

I've enjoyed talisman and even played sometimes on a amd A6 laptop, and it was playable. On my desktop it was flawless playing solo, but now after 2.2 my performance is just very bad.

To be honest it was very bad, now after the last patch it's way better, and i am happy about that.
But to be truly fair i have to say that while i sincerely appreciate that they're slowly addressing all the issues i think they've fucked up a little bit too much. The difference between potato viable to high-end rig killer is too wide without any sensible,or at list noticeable, technical improvement.
For an Emperor to be just, an Emperor must be patient.
 Well, if anyone wants to invest mega bucks so GGG can seriously devote human resources to this problem then more power to you. I can't, I don't think GGG can afford that, and thus we are only left with incremental improvements over time.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
I'm fine with their job here for the most part, I'm just upset becouse the game was decently smooth a month ago, and now it seems like requirements have skyrocketed after one single patch. And the game doesn't seem like technically better.

It's a little like i got the same stuff as before but the game is more demanding all of sudden. Probably something just went bad and they're addressing the problem, and I'm grateful, but i hope they just use more caution in the future about getting performance killing new content without any real enhancement graphic wise.

No grief by the way :)
For an Emperor to be just, an Emperor must be patient.
Performance issues are my only negative I give people when they ask about POE. I love the skill and loot system, but the performance is a huge issue. ARPGs need to be smooth. You need to be able to react fast. The perandus mobs and the new traps are performance killers. It is hard to run through a trap gauntlet at 5 FPS.

This has nothing to do with the computers, as this happens on high end systems.
"
Artophwar wrote:
Performance issues are my only negative I give people when they ask about POE. I love the skill and loot system, but the performance is a huge issue. ARPGs need to be smooth. You need to be able to react fast. The perandus mobs and the new traps are performance killers. It is hard to run through a trap gauntlet at 5 FPS.

This has nothing to do with the computers, as this happens on high end systems.

Agree with this.

Would be huge for GGG if this game could handle 6man groups with heavy particles smoothly without restricting people to choose builds and skills that don't cause FPS drops for your friends.
I was getting pretty large FPS drops on these boxes, I cleared out my shader cache folder and de fragmented the ggpk file and my FPS has been a lot better. Just thought I would share.
When I meet perandus mobs I hold mouse button that cast lightning ball.

I just pray and hope that somehow my character will channel casting lightning ball and it will leech enough life to survive while my screen is frozen.
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
"
Wizzkidy wrote:
I was getting pretty large FPS drops on these boxes, I cleared out my shader cache folder and de fragmented the ggpk file and my FPS has been a lot better. Just thought I would share.

Thanks for the information. Every little bit helps. It is interesting that you are getting better performance by clearing out the shader cache and keeping the main PoE GGPK file defragged. If anyone reading this who has 8 GB of ram (or more) and is experiencing Perandus mob screen freezes could give us some before FPS (frames per second) numbers (some kind of average) of the low frame rate when encountering p-mob and then install the ShaderCache Fix that I've been using since I found the thread back in March of 2013 and then see how much (if any) this helps inprove p-mod frame rates I'd really appreciate that. If someone with p-mob game killing freezes has 16 GB of ram then testing with a large ram disk that you can cache the whole PoE program in would also be greatly appreciated.
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

"
kamil1210 wrote:
When I meet perandus mobs I hold mouse button that cast lightning ball.

I just pray and hope that somehow my character will channel casting lightning ball and it will leech enough life to survive while my screen is frozen.

Do you have 8 GB of ram to try the ShaderCache Fix? Would be of value to know if this helps much. I'm not wanting to have to turn mine off and run my own tests to get performance numbers with and without it.

Last edited by Arrowneous on Apr 6, 2016, 8:00:53 AM
 One thing that possibly could be happening is if Windows decides that any of the graphics objects that are being temporarily stored in the Shadercache folder are in memory that is being allowed by Windows to be swapped out to disk if the OS needs to free up some ram when it runs low. The normal Windows memory management functions that utilize the Windows swap file (virtual memory) must never be allowed to swap any part of PoE out to disk. If that happens at any time playing PoE I can understand why that would freeze up PoE big time. I hope GGG coders have told Windows that the super critical memory needed by PoE to store and process all PoE data is locked so Windows can't invoke a virtual memory function and swap it out temporarily. That would be super bad... what?... nah, GGG wouldn't allow that to happen would they?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info