[2.4] zSavage's Budget Voll-less Mjolner! [Juggernaut] - Updated for 2.4!

Hello! I have been playing this build and have reached to lvl 79 so far. Yesterday I found a Kaom's Heart so I have some currency to upgrade with. I was thinking of using your build with a Aegis Aurora. So far I'm 5k HP, 584 ES, 16.5k Armour. Here is my passive tree.
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEBAAHcAecEswVCCPQLYQxfES0UIBRNFm8YXRiRGjgcpyBuJy8snDH7MtE1kjboOtg8BTzvPV89_EGWRUdFnUZpR35Ms1AwUEdSU1NSU6VWSFhjWK9fP2VNZlRmnmebaPJqQ20ZbztyD3fjeA15aHyDfXN_44KbhNmFe4x2jM-QVZRvl5WX9Jo7muCf36IApwipbq0Jrj6us69stfK3MbyfvTa-p8AawFTAZsEExq7G2Ngk2L3jauRR6-7sOO8O73zwH_ON9IP2SPrS_Es=

My Jewels are 2 %Spell Dmg, %MaxHP, and %MaxES.

I was wondering if there is any advice to make the build any better or should I just abandon the idea all together? I'll have a Rumis for that extra block chance of course. I have about 5ex to work with. Any advice is appreciated and thank you for making a build that has been the most fun for me so far!
Last edited by Mitchy662 on Jun 29, 2016, 2:14:56 PM
Added 10 points to your tree for using Aegis
There's a tree with 10 additional points. I added some shield block and defense nodes to get your block chance and ES from shield up. With these nodes you'll get to 40% block chance when tempest shield is up.

I think it's worth a shot if you like block builds. Personally I haven't liked it as much as going raw armor (though I have yet to make an Aegis Mjolner myself). I still need to tranfer my Aegis BV into a Duelist to see how well it can work. But yeah, while you won't get to 75/75 block, this could work well for you.

The only downside to running an Aegis build with Blood Rage is that degen takes down your shields all the time. So that's something to consider. Usually when I've planned Aegis builds I've not wanted to use Blood Rage.
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
Is the build overview in high quality somewhere else? That YouTube was 360p..
"
zSavage wrote:
Added 10 points to your tree for using Aegis
There's a tree with 10 additional points. I added some shield block and defense nodes to get your block chance and ES from shield up. With these nodes you'll get to 40% block chance when tempest shield is up.

I think it's worth a shot if you like block builds. Personally I haven't liked it as much as going raw armor (though I have yet to make an Aegis Mjolner myself). I still need to tranfer my Aegis BV into a Duelist to see how well it can work. But yeah, while you won't get to 75/75 block, this could work well for you.

The only downside to running an Aegis build with Blood Rage is that degen takes down your shields all the time. So that's something to consider. Usually when I've planned Aegis builds I've not wanted to use Blood Rage.

Thank you very much! About BR. Half the time I forget to even use it. For now I'll use Molten Shell for a bit of armour and little dps.
Can you use cyclone instead of molten strike ? or is it a loss of dps?
Forgot to ask, how does this build do in single target dmg vs bosses?
"
Camaron wrote:
Can you use cyclone instead of molten strike ? or is it a loss of dps?

Cyclone is significantly worse for single target DPS and marginally better for pack clearing due to being able to move. But typically our movement skills (shield charge, leap slam) can clear packs, removing any need for cyclone.

"
Camaron wrote:
Forgot to ask, how does this build do in single target dmg vs bosses?

Very well. Most melt very quickly. However, it's not on the level of a Voll's Mjolner. But it does just fine against most map bosses and can handle Atziri.
twitch.tv/savagewolves
Last edited by zSavage on Jul 5, 2016, 11:03:12 PM
How does this build compare damage and survability vs the coc trickster CI build? which one has faster clear speed, does better vs bosses and has better survability?
"
Camaron wrote:
How does this build compare damage and survability vs the coc trickster CI build? which one has faster clear speed, does better vs bosses and has better survability?

Having played a CoC Discharge CI Trickster, I can say the following about the two:

Voll-less Mjolner:
Better surivival vs physical damage, esp burst physical damage, as well as traps. Can afk in white mob packs.
Significantly cheaper
Better reactionary flask use (due to using life).

CoC Discharge CI Trickster (note: this is without voll's devo)
Much higher damage output (rapid fire high crit 7 power charge discharges)
Higher total life pool (8K+ ES > 5.7K life)
Faster movement (whirling blades, and it is free)
twitch.tv/savagewolves
Hi,

First of all, thank you for posting voll-less build.
How do you mitigate spell damage? Every time i fight any boss who do spell damage, i have to run around and cannot face tank while attacking them (Phantasmagoria boss).

Here are my stats 35k armor without flask

71k armor with flask

Any thought?
Thanks again.

My gear

Spoiler

TREE

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info