[2.4] zSavage's Budget Voll-less Mjolner! [Juggernaut] - Updated for 2.4!

Thank you for the information. Looking forward to hitting 60 and blowing things up. :)
The Lab, making a great game good since 2016.
What I can say is that I finished my build today.

Today i died trying atziri on Perandus Hardcore League.
I was level 87 with 6200 life, 25.000 armour(40.000 with flaks)

I stopped doing maps to enjoy the build. I am absolutely sure that it was able to reach level 92, 93 with the setup we had . More than that , it was probably necessary to get lucky in not having lagg with
high tiers maps.

I was doing tier 9 and 10 so easy.. included the Residence Tier 9 Dominus.

My gear is that:

I dont know if this build can do atziri because its required a lot of movement speed
and agility(and in your Volls Devolution build version you maybe only can do atziri because you got a amazing chest(Kingsguard & Volls Devolution) that gives you a lot of life when you expire or consume the endurance charges) which in some way gives you some immortality

What i mean with this is, with molten strike all of us(mjoner discharges guys)
We take time when we started the attack(MoltenStrike) until we discharge, and i died because
when i started my attack i died for the fast flammblast of atziri.

And, when Double Vall try to get One Shot if dont have carefull we can die because the movement speed and the Leap Slam its not the most fast skil to dodge.

I tried atziri with this setup 3x and i fail.

For the next months i will think about this.
Last edited by Alive_asd on Apr 18, 2016, 7:44:19 PM
Atziri is mostly about patience. It is very difficult for her to kill you outside of her split form if you're really patient. There is no rush, and if you play it that way, the likelyhood of success goes up dramatically.

Getting animation locked with multi-strike is painful, and if anything is going to kill you on Atziri, that's probably it. In my Experience, Voll's Devotion makes Atiziri harder, as the natural inclination when picking up Voll's is to drop points in the passive tree in favor of Endurance charges, which probably means less attack speed. You pretty much live and die with leap slam.

As far as maps, Residence and Malformation are simple character checks. If you can do them easily, your character is effective. If you can't, you need to rethink things because everything gets a lot harder from there. They are the first real check in the higher tier of things (similar to Museum and Jungle Valley when you begin mapping). Basically, they amount to dipping your toe in the water.

With that said, the bulk of map bosses are easy, with a few notable exceptions. T10 is kind of a joke that is essentially a gear check. T11 on the other hand has both the Crematorium and Academy which will eat you alive with the wrong mods, if you're not prepared for them. My point being, progression is a little trickier than just being able to kill Dominus. Most builds can do most non-red maps if you know your limits, and player skill can make many builds succeed where they have no right to.

Overall, this build has some limitations, sure. Most builds do. You found one of the big ones that hurts the slower multi-strike builds. If you're not hitting something like 6-7 APS, your leap slam isn't as reliable an escape if you mess up and get caught in an animation against the nastier avoidable abilities. That's a limitation of all multi-strike dependent builds with mediocre to poor attack speed, and it's something you have to play around. If you, as a player, don't like that limitation there are alternatives. My own Voll-less Mjolner variant is a very high attack speed version, and I know there are some Scion variants that are very similarly quick. However, those variants have their own limitations; namely, in comparison, they are more prone to get spiked out by high tier physical damage, as their effective HP isn't nearly as high against excessive, simultaneous damage sources.

Realizing the limitations of builds is important, particularly for HC characters.
Last edited by IdleAltruism on Apr 18, 2016, 10:35:22 PM
I agree with everything you said.
And yes, it's important to recognize our limits and how far we can go.
I just got sad because I saw manny builds maybe "inferior" to the mjolner
doing atziri pretty fast and then I not managed to do.
After this, i will considering the APS with a essential think in this kind of build,
when the skills to dodge can make the diference between staying alive or dying.

In this last 2 weaks i chanced around 600 to 700 agates hoping to get the volls devolution
and i fail too.

Before trying atziri I thought of putting the Kaoms Heart Glorious Plate to have more life,
like 7500 , 8000hp and using MoltenStrike , Faster Attack, GMP and Multistrike in some piece of guear.

For the new players trying this, the experience playing with that will teach how to play
serious with this.
For me, this build it was 1 of the most funny and strong builds i maked and it's time
to loock for anothers great builds. Maybe in next league i come back with this build.
I have a Kingsguard. Should I only use it if I have a Voll's?
"
Bowman8763 wrote:
I have a Kingsguard. Should I only use it if I have a Voll's?

Correct. It won't do much without the mass endurance generation from Voll's.
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
Does the Reduced spell damaged % matter on the gloves?

Not that wealthy right now in HC, just bought the mace for 30c.. so was seeing how cheap I can go on the gloves.

Thank you in advance !
"
ixJay wrote:

Not that wealthy right now in HC, just bought the mace for 30c.. so was seeing how cheap I can go on the gloves.

Thank you in advance !

You want the reduced spell damage to be as low as possible. Every 2% is like you having 10 less strength. I'd aim for getting a pair with 10% or less reduced spell damage (it is also possible to roll 0%, and then the mod will not appear).
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
"
zSavage wrote:
"
ixJay wrote:

Thank you in advance !

You want the reduced spell damage to be as low as possible. Every 2% is like you having 10 less strength. I'd aim for getting a pair with 10% or less reduced spell damage (it is also possible to roll 0%, and then the mod will not appear).

its safe to say, the rest of the mods don't matter, right?
Wondering why you took the two points to get to Mana Flows. I haven't taken any mana regen nodes yet and I have no mana issues at all. Just trying to understand the mechanics behind it all.

Great build by the way. Thanks for sharing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info