[2.4] zSavage's Budget Voll-less Mjolner! [Juggernaut] - Updated for 2.4!

Using belly will cost you about 14K armor (I have one in Perandus, so I checked). I went from 35.8k to 21.8k with the swap.

You will gain about 550+ life.

It's certainly an option if you're willing to lower your armor total.
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
Hi.
I'm following your build and I have some questions for you.

I don't understand how u got the discharge with
discharge + arc + light. pen at the same time you play with molten strike.

You in the video said you dont have much
damage from your moltenstrike because
you have huge pool of armour.

Why you dont get the discharge from the chest with that:

Molten Strike + GMP + CoC + Inc.Crit.Strikes + Discharge ?

You dont have more damage if you link with that way?

"
Alive_asd wrote:
Hi.

It seems that you're not understanding how the build works.
Look at Mjolner:

It says: "30% chance to cast socketed lightning spells on hit".

This means that whenever you hit with any attack using Mjolner, it has a chance to trigger the spells linked in the Mjolner. This means that spamming a ton of hits from another attack (Molten strike) is very effective. But the Mjolner can also be triggered by any other attack hit, including Leap Slam, Flicker Strike, counterattacks, or any glove enchantment that attacks.

The beauty of Mjolner vs a CoC build is that you don't need to link your spells to any trigger skill, as all your attacks (not spells, mind you) can trigger the Mjolner.

Does this make sense?

-Savage
twitch.tv/savagewolves
Last edited by zSavage on Mar 26, 2016, 11:58:43 AM
"
zSavage wrote:
"
Alive_asd wrote:
Hi.

It seems that you're not understanding how the build works.
Look at Mjolner:

It says: "30% chance to cast socketed lightning spells on hit".

This means that whenever you hit with any attack using Mjolner, it has a chance to trigger the spells linked in the Mjolner. This means that spamming a ton of hits from another attack (Molten strike) is very effective. But the Mjolner can also be triggered by any other attack hit, including Leap Slam, Flicker Strike, counterattacks, or any glove enchantment that attacks.

The beauty of Mjolner vs a CoC build is that you don't need to link your spells to any trigger skill, as all your attacks (not spells, mind you) can trigger the Mjolner.

Does this make sense?

-Savage

Ah, yes. Now makes sense :)

So, you only attack with molten strike and you will cast automatically discharge for that 30%chance cast lightning spell?, is that way? or you need another lightning gem in mjolner, and in this case arc?
Last edited by Alive_asd on Mar 26, 2016, 1:10:10 PM
From the wiki:

"When the player hits an enemy with an attack using Mjölner, there is a chance that every lightning spell socketed in Mjölner will be cast instantly and without costing mana, similar to a trigger gem. If multiple spells are socketed, then they are cast in the order of the sockets, starting from the top left and working down through the links. Unlike trigger gems like Cast when Damage Taken, multiple copies of the same lightning spell can be triggered."

You can trigger the Mjolner with any attack, not just molten. But molten is my primary trigger skill.
twitch.tv/savagewolves
I have another question savage :P sry im new in this game, for jewels, what do we have to look for?

I found a very similar chest, and i am using astramentis, do i have to change it or i can stay with it?
Last edited by Fedega on Mar 26, 2016, 6:11:42 PM
You don't have to switch out of Astramantis. But usually a good rare with high stats will serve you better.
So a rare would probably be an upgrade. Check poe.trade occasionally to see if you can find something that fills your attribute reqs while giving other useful stats.

On jewels, useful stats include:
Life
Attack Speed
Area Damage
Lightning Damage
Armor
Stats
Block Chance
twitch.tv/savagewolves
Last edited by zSavage on Mar 26, 2016, 6:22:16 PM
"
zSavage wrote:
You don't have to switch out of Astramantis. But usually a good rare with high stats will serve you better.
So a rare would probably be an upgrade. Check poe.trade occasionally to see if you can find something that fills your attribute reqs while giving other useful stats.

On jewels, useful stats include:
Life
Attack Speed
Area Damage
Lightning Damage
Armor
Stats
Block Chance

Thank you man for your replys, very usefull.
Just started getting into this build, I really wanted to play a mjolner build but knew it'd be an extremely long time before I could even think about playing with it. I just hit 60 and started playing it switching from my scion and witch to play this and it's absolutely fantastic just what I was looking for without having to grind months for a volls.

I just wanted to thank you for coming up with this build it's brilliant fun I've got a close to perfect Mjolner and the damage is crazy, the survivability is just crazy I'm almost at 20k Armor, Max resistances, 3k life and was struggling my arse off whilst leveling and now I'm absolutely destroying anything, did labyrinth easily on cruel, burning my way unstoppable through Merciless, thanks for this guide/build.
Amazing build

At level 64 got around 4000 life and some pretty resists.

But i died at level 65 but i will be back with this build.

Let me know if the "increased physical damage":
"88% increased physical damage or 120% increased physical damage"
of mjolner counts aswell for the final damage, i ask this because on HC the prices got some diferences because the stats of the weapon.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info