[2.4] zSavage's Budget Voll-less Mjolner! [Juggernaut] - Updated for 2.4!

"
zSavage wrote:
"
Kend3r wrote:
My first build with Mjolner, atm 61
*snip*

My stast are avg now but I have hope they can be better after 66 when eq Repentance Gloves, I have a lot of fun with this build :P

BTW. Tell me what to change to get more DPS

1st Edit: It's worth to farm Merc Voll to complete The Brittle Emperor DC set??
2nd Edit: 1x Divine Orb =
so DPS is higher now cuz we cast discharge when we only got any charges yes ?

First thing, I made a slight change to your current tree (2 pts) that keeps the same level of stats and gives you 25% spell damage: Link

As for more DPS:
1) You've got the gloves coming
->Try to get an 'of Fury' enchant on your gloves from any labyrinth. This will amplifly procs and thereby clearspeed and damage.
2) There's the Templar Elemental Wheel, and the Witch AoE nodes you have yet to take (and can at later levels)
3) Your gems will level up. Eventually you can put quality on a lot of them to get extra attack speed.
4) Getting Unyielding from the Merciless lab will grant some more DPS.
5) You can eventually swap your current PC node for the Witch one that has a spell dmg/PC node next to it. There's also the PC from Alira in A2M if you have yet to do that.
6) You can get a helmet with Discharge Damage or Chance for Discharge to not consume charges enchant.
7) Acquiring a Voll's Devotion and altering the build.

As for farming TBE card, it's not really going to be worth it. The card has a very low chance to drop, so farming an entire set yourself is not very likley in a reasonable amount of time. While I would recommend using this zone to level till around 72-75, any card drops you get are just a bonus. If you want a Voll's I would recommend buying the individual cards or just buying a cheap corrupted one (ie with a meh implicit), depending on if 8x card cost <= Item cost.

And yes, that is correct that the DPS is higher now with the updated Mjolner. :)

Thx for answer, a lot of help for newbie with mjolner :)

looking forward to this build... good thing i save some of my self-found loots =D

***noob question... is Scion class viable and/or good with this kind of mjolner build?
"
uswh0le wrote:

***noob question... is Scion class viable and/or good with this kind of mjolner build?

This build was specifically made for Juggernaut, as the bonuses offered by the class are used to help compensate for not having a Voll's.

There's a section on the main page about other Ascendancies you can use. Scion, however, is not among them. Her Ascendancy options don't really offer anything for a build like this :(
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
Hello!
Thx build!
Pls check my gear : https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/TheGrammaton/characters

You clear t15-16 map this gear?
And cospri weapon not to avaiable this gear?
And death's door crusader boots?

I have voll amulet but,need more stregth and intelligence for passive skill tree.
My armour 49500
Last edited by TheGrammaton on Nov 26, 2016, 10:37:07 AM
"
TheGrammaton wrote:
Hello!
snip

You clear t15-16 map this gear?
And cospri weapon not to avaiable this gear?
And death's door crusader boots?

I have voll amulet but,need more stregth and intelligence for passive skill tree.
My armour 49500

Personally, I have never ran higher than t14 with my Voll-less character. But he's able to do those without too much trouble.

You could easily handle the trash in t15 and t16 maps with this version of the character. Bosses, however, are a challenge with this build for t15 and esp t16 due to their very high amounts of HP and this builds relatively lower DPS compared to versions with Voll's Devotion.

Cospri's is not made for a character like this.

Death's Door is not desirable in most cases, even with a Voll's, as this build doesn't need extreme numbers of endurance charges and has easy access to what it needs.

If you want to modify this build to use Voll's, I would recommend:
1. Getting more levels for better stats and pathing and the extra end charge on the tree.
2. Get jewels with life and needed stats on them.
3. Use Uber lab points to get +1 endurance charge instead of Unstoppable.
4. Swap your chest for a Kingsguard. Although this will lower your armor, it will add a lot of life gain.
->Doing this also allows you to swap out your curse for something else like Elemental Weakness or Enfeeble.

If you do these you'd be rolling around with 5/5 end/power charges and a lot of armor still.

-Savage
twitch.tv/savagewolves
"
zSavage wrote:
"
uswh0le wrote:

This build was specifically made for Juggernaut, as the bonuses offered by the class are used to help compensate for not having a Voll's.

There's a section on the main page about other Ascendancies you can use. Scion, however, is not among them. Her Ascendancy options don't really offer anything for a build like this :(

oh okay... so sad for my Scion =_=
"
uswh0le wrote:

I mean, you CAN play Scion... but her ascendancy options won't really do much for you. You can do something like Inquisitor + Elementalist for a nice damage boost and take path of the witch, saving you a bunch of travel nodes. That's the best thing I could come up with.

While I think people really undervalue Scion atm, it's hard to see her as the best or a viable option for a lot of builds. Her main strength comes from being able to save passive points in travel right now. And while that can yield a lot of power, you don't get access to the build enabling mechanics other Ascendancies offer.

So, again, you COULD play your scion. It might take a lot of work to adapt the passive tree but it's probably doable.
twitch.tv/savagewolves
"
zSavage wrote:
"
uswh0le wrote:

I mean, you CAN play Scion... but her ascendancy options won't really do much for you. You can do something like Inquisitor + Elementalist for a nice damage boost and take path of the witch, saving you a bunch of travel nodes. That's the best thing I could come up with.

While I think people really undervalue Scion atm, it's hard to see her as the best or a viable option for a lot of builds. Her main strength comes from being able to save passive points in travel right now. And while that can yield a lot of power, you don't get access to the build enabling mechanics other Ascendancies offer.

So, again, you COULD play your scion. It might take a lot of work to adapt the passive tree but it's probably doable.

as i'm searching on to the Scion's build list (for mjolner build) i saw one but it's kinda different bcoz he's doing ASS-RAI ascendancies.

any thoughts?
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAL68sVt7boLkpjKXIZARAwTBfIqve8OpSKhyIdBKyNLobqpFfLXyl5c1kngN-_X-j9i9wBq0OE3j_gqpbm875RmmV_JFtz5344w2OuExnoPMAdxVS1RHidM8LWSjhNlh4qa-cFKDX8auYSFHfiaVKgsLYYTvvTZd8q9sourawWVNaPLFihLhLlNDMXTtvqfwH3y702_DMwUtogB35TrYWhp67wSzJy8Bkew4wGaQVS3SKU-Cm4V7Gjhrt-QiZlSFfRps1aY26SSqFm_60uNqHRSPRo5km6H3phhq99e2-ngvrJh85REPOlhYB9tefq87DVXGUDCNGe_rg9vgEtlf3Yw=
Last edited by uswh0le on Nov 27, 2016, 7:15:49 AM
Is this build still viable on current 2.5?
GGG nerfed the shi... out of mjolner and discharge. Build is dead

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info