[2.4] zSavage's Budget Voll-less Mjolner! [Juggernaut] - Updated for 2.4!

Is the Doryani's Invitation a good idea to use ?
TwitchTV: http://www.twitch.tv/akumanotsubasa
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/AkumaNoTsubasa
Please use http://pobb.in for your guides instead of pastebin!
"
Is the Doryani's Invitation a good idea to use ?

It's an option. I like getting more base life out of a good rare belt, but Doryani's isn't a bad choice.
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
Hmm isn't dual discharge on Mjölner better then discharge-arc
"
Oxydentical wrote:
Hmm isn't dual discharge on Mjölner better then discharge-arc

You're forgetting that this build doesn't have Voll's Devotion.

Without this amulet, it won't have that max end charges at all times like other juggernaut builds have.

Also, this build doesn't even allocate that node in the ascendancy tree.
twitch.tv/savagewolves
Been trying this, building towards full endurance charge/voll's eventually.

A couple additions I've found really help are controlled destruction over lightning pen. This gives you a more multiplier on all your discharge damage, and doesn't affect permanent Elemental Overload buff.

Second, CWDT- Blade Vortex is amazing for generating power charges in single target situations with Romira's.

I also tested out Malachai's loop for +2 power charges and +spell damage per power charge, but fitting in a grounding flask to counter the shock was annoying, and ES doesn't help us that much in this build.

Also, the endurance charge node in jugg is still very helpful. warlord's mark and an enduring cry give you a constant and on-demand supply of charges. Not as good as voll's, but still pretty good. You can also enduring cry/immortal call for full trap immunity in lab.
Last edited by Icaros on Jul 31, 2016, 4:11:03 PM
"
Icaros wrote:
Been trying this, building towards full endurance charge/voll's eventually.

A couple additions I've found really help are controlled destruction over lightning pen. This gives you a more multiplier on all your discharge damage, and doesn't affect permanent Elemental Overload buff.

Second, CWDT- Blade Vortex is amazing for generating power charges in single target situations with Romira's.

I also tested out Malachai's loop for +2 power charges and +spell damage per power charge, but fitting in a grounding flask to counter the shock was annoying, and ES doesn't help us that much in this build.

Also, the endurance charge node in jugg is still very helpful. warlord's mark and an enduring cry give you a constant and on-demand supply of charges. Not as good as voll's, but still pretty good. You can also enduring cry/immortal call for full trap immunity in lab.

1) Lightning pen offers more damage when it's needed (against tough single targets, like bosses, that have lightning resist). If an enemy has any resist at all, lighting pen is a significant damage increase, though the tooltip might not reflect it.

2) The CWDT Blade Vortex isn't a bad idea; might consider swapping out my Tempest shield for it.
twitch.tv/savagewolves
Hey Your build is awesome so i decided to do my version in a templar, so i dont know how much accuracy should i have on the rest is pretty suitable the templar with this build :p

"
pablovikingo wrote:
Hey Your build is awesome so i decided to do my version in a templar, so i dont know how much accuracy should i have on the rest is pretty suitable the templar with this build :p

If you're not using juggernaut then you're going to have to change a few things:

1. You're not going to have the super high armor total from doubling the base armor of your chest.

2. You'll struggle to get sufficient accuracy to make EO worthwhile.

Which Ascendancy class were you planning on using as templar? Personally, I would recommend Hierophant for a budget, non spell crit focused build.

Here's how I would modify the build for a Hierophant:
1. Use RT to not need accuracy, and drop Elemental Overload, as it will no longer work.

2. Drop Accuracy nodes and invest into more DPS/stats/life as needed.

I would try to run something like this tree. It might also be worthwhile to consider using MoM and Mind of the Council as a means to be a 'mana tank'.

Running Hierophant could be interesting, and will be a lot less conventional than the Marauder.

If you have any questions about this idea/what you want to do as templar, let me know and I'd be happy to help out.
twitch.tv/savagewolves
Great build. Having a blast. I do have one question though. Would EE (elemental equalibrium) be good to pick up since we are doing all damage types? Could be a good damage boost I think and not too many point investments to get to it. What are your thoughts?
"
Elitejt wrote:
Great build. Having a blast. I do have one question though. Would EE (elemental equalibrium) be good to pick up since we are doing all damage types? Could be a good damage boost I think and not too many point investments to get to it. What are your thoughts?

EE is good if you consistently hit between 2 alternate damage types. The issue here is that we're casting 2 lightning spells (discharge, and arc/ball lightning) from the Mjolner per trigger. While fire damage from the molten strike hits leave the enemies vulnerable to lightning (at least for a short time), the hits from the other spells do not.

I wouldn't recommend speccing EE on the tree, namely because it gimps the damage output against targets in a lot of scenarios. But the EE map mod is fine to run of course.
twitch.tv/savagewolves

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info