Tank in the DPS meta

Found ocd_xana talking to mulla

A day w/o dealing with stupid ppl is like....Never mind. Ill tell u if it ever happens
Droppin them knowledge bombs on third-world countries.
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
"
a_z0_9 wrote:
"
and not relying on the immunities

How is 78/78 legacy aegis not equal to damage immunity?

pathfinders have no immunity to burn, hallowed/divine mana flask of dousing is the only way to fight vs survive SR.

What?

5% max fire res

+ Pathfinder nodes = roughly 11% max fire res

level 20 Purity of fire = 5% max fire res (more with empower or any aura effectiveness nodes)

Divination Distillate + pathfinder nodes = 6% max fire res

Barbarism node = 1% max fire res

This puts us at 103% max fire res. SR cannot use penetration other than the debuff it causes totalling a max of 24% fire pen (after quite a long delay of standing in the beam).

If you feel you need to wash the dishes or send a text before you proceed to kill the SR caster, you can implement wise oak flask for 10% reduced damage taken.

This requires only flasks and one shield which most builds can manage.
IGN - Xukai

Mirror Service - /1046531
Often a
just does, but for the unprepared SR is very broken, don't everyone can/want to swap in those items just for SR, especially in arena, it's very far from normal that SR does, even in our current meta.
IGN: Márkusz
My builds: thread/1600072
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
btw did you test your build with golem builds? ive seen this pvp golemguy '' vlhady'' in legacy he have a lvl 21/20 bcr , maybe you can duel him for test stuff and gear
Last edited by EspadaDelPanico on May 8, 2017, 2:17:49 AM
Another upgrade: I figured out I was dumb again. I was looking at the passive tree in Path of Building, turned on Show node power (hightlight tool), and I realised that aura effect nodes are so much worth it. Dropped 8% Armour, and 15% inc ES, 1% max fire res, 3% all res, 8% fire res, picked up 26% Aura effect, and gained 138 flat ES, and around 20k Armour with basically no new gear.

I dropped the elreon ring (now I can warp somewhat less, everything else still fine), got better dex and resists instead, so I could drop the dex weapon, and get one I could craft int on.

New stats:
ES: 16 275
Armour with Flasks: 165 779
ES Gain per block: 6631
Armour without Flasks: 42706
ES Gain per block without flasks: 1708

Some mildly interesting stuff:
I have 8.6x multiplier on flat Armour, but 28.1x multiplier on flat Evasion, which means that flat Evasion anywhere on gear worth 3.27 times more than equal amount of flat Armour. This is somewhat important when upgrading rings for Example, as the flat Evasion you can get is 151-170, and the flat Armour would be 201-300 with Essences, but flat Evasion from those equals to 494-556 flat Armour (estimated)
So when you are getting stats and modifiers, flat Evasion is much better than Flat Armour, but % increased Armour is much better than % increased Evasion.

About the tree:
There are still a lot of things that could be changed/minmaxed. For example respeccing Juggernaut (24% AR, 10% ES) into Devotion (11% ES, 3% Aura eff) gives around 300 flat ES, but removes near 4k Armour (very comparable)

Espada: I did met golem builds, but their damage is barely noticable, they are very nice flask charge dispensers tho
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
Last edited by Márkusz on May 8, 2017, 3:44:41 PM
nice build , can i ask the new tank build u playing right now , does it work on pvp?
"
Axiorestrong wrote:
nice build , can i ask the new tank build u playing right now , does it work on pvp?

The one I currently have on my templar? It was strictly an experimental build in PvE for this:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1898863

For PvP pick one from the original post (CI Aegis, or Xirgil)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
with the big ES nerf in 3.0 , do you think MoM + Hierophant will be the new ''tanky'' option ? or tanky builds will be dead? ( at least in arena )
"
with the big ES nerf in 3.0 , do you think MoM + Hierophant will be the new ''tanky'' option ? or tanky builds will be dead? ( at least in arena )

MoM + the new already-broken-and-obviously-not-going-to-get-nerfed pantheon soul that prevents crits from doing additional damage will be the new boring and stupid tank meta. On standard people are still going to have legacy ES items so killing them is going to be a real chore.
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info