Tank in the DPS meta

I know demi's had one for a little bit but not familiar with anyone else doing the build.

Although I have RIP'd a few of these from LHC this league so far so people are definitely playing it :D

🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
Last edited by Ahfack on Mar 28, 2017, 2:56:45 PM
the 2 tank I see regulary those days are Zami and Mirrorin
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
btw, markusz i'm thankful to you, as you said Barrage kills this build way way easier than KB.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
theres any way to kill ES Recharge Xirgil build? (without scorching ray or a mirrored bow)
"
theres any way to kill ES Recharge Xirgil build? (without scorching ray or a mirrored bow)

GMP /BCR Fire golems are doing an ok job at it (huehuehue) but most of the time you'll be better just ignoring those.

Be ready for Markuz russian fan club to swarm the arena with this soon ^^
Last edited by IceDeal on Mar 29, 2017, 6:25:34 AM
"

bear trap, herald of thunder
That's true for 'static' xirgil player or extremely high HoT damage.
Just one warp away is enough to start recharge w/o blocking anything.

Probably ggg will have to add '75% less recharge' to frost bomb someday.
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
"

There are actually many ways, besides those mentioned, KB, Flameblast, or any burst dps skill, the more bcr the better. The proc chance of Xirgil is .75 * .20 = 15% against 0 bcr, 9.75% against BCR gem, 5.25% againsts max BCR, and if you proc it you have to wait only 4 seconds and try again. And of course you can still ignore it alltogether.

Imo it won't be popular, there is a pretty high investment cost for it, and often times it is completely useless. It's just fun against casuals, the experienced players can all find a way around.
IGN: Márkusz
My builds: thread/1600072
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
Can anyone suggest how experienced player should deal with xirgil build (15k+ es) while using Blade flurry or Lacerate at 9+ aps?

lets say we using HoWA BF with 20k avg hit (considered op for pve)
it's ~1k avg pvp damage or 500 vs 49% block after bcr. i.e 4500 pvp dps with (9.8 * 9 * 2) chance to trigger 10k/sec recharge after 1 sec of attacking.

Even math saying 'you have to roll insanely lucky damage streak in order to kill that afk xirgil guy'.

Is there any obvious way (for experienced players) to solve this?

Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
Last edited by a_z0_9 on Mar 29, 2017, 6:34:44 AM
"
Márkusz wrote:
It's just fun against casuals, the experienced players can all find a way around.

In my experience the best is to entierly ignore those builds. Mobility is awfull and damage extremely low.

I have no interest in punching walls in real life because it's entierly pointless.
Last edited by IceDeal on Mar 29, 2017, 6:42:05 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info