Tank in the DPS meta

Vhlad says GC and flameblast one shots now even without crit,

true,

but this doesn't mean anything. with the coming of Soul of Solaris, to be able to deal "enough" damage everybody is forced to use aoe overlapping skills or some skills which bypasses proper pvp damage reductions.

we are leaving "fair pvp" experience even way further behind of us.

everybody is forced know to use something broken even more.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
I am just happy magma orbs this other cancer inducing skill I abused sparsely the last 3 months is getting the rape nerf treatment too with the new 50% chance to avoid chaining projectiles.

Coupled with the minor one of same god (10 % chance to avoid projectile) Magma users will have 60% chance to miss players lol.

KB will reign unrivaled in 3.0

Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Jun 22, 2017, 12:20:07 PM
With some of these crazy new pantheons, I might as well just remake a reflect tank or something.
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
Called it as soon as they announced the pantheon, troll tanks will become even more unkillable.
At that time removing inquisitor node from pvp was better than leaving it in, but they should have continued because:
It reduced diversity even more, some ascendencies don't even come to play because they just don't get penetration, leaving with pretty much Elementalist and Pathfinder. The penetration sources - even tho coming from multiple places - are poorly distributed between classes and builds. Wise oak, Vinktar, and belt essence mod are best used on pathfinder because of uptime and effect, while Pathfinder has very good pen nodes on that side of the tree as well. Sambars are pretty much caster-only, which are easily stacked on Elementalist, making these two stand above everything else in getting easy global penetration.

Inquisitor was the best way to counter conversion talismans, which was a bit harsh considering the investment needed on them, but without it, they go to the detriment of diversity by not having commonly available sources against them. They should have balanced talismans too, or made available in a wider range.

Thanks for the ^s guys!
IGN: Márkusz
My builds: thread/1600072
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
Bunch of sarn fuccbois gonna be all

🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
piano artist build
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
Last edited by Márkusz on Jun 22, 2017, 2:51:53 PM
I just don't know why a flask-based class even HAS elemental penetration passives.
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
Updated the thread with my most recent upgrades:

Spoiler

Regular setup (anti-crit, max tank):

Damage/thorn 78/78 block setup:

Anti-elemental setup:

Anti-elemental non-crit setup:

Secondary damage / DoT setup:

A few other swaps:

Shaper's Touch is not only a budget option, but straight up better than any rare glove when you have 300+ strength because practically it turns all strength into intelligence, and it greatly boosts armour through evasion scaling (the armour on the base is insignificant).
Astramentis is also BiS, can give 220-330 intelligence equivalent (44-66% ES) thanks to the gloves. All of the three stats are used up, because it frees up 2 suffixes on rings, which can be int rolls or resists. It would require a mirror-tier rare amulet to beat it in pure ES numbers.

This setup is still not perfect, I need to get a useful helmet enchant, probably light warp duration, and I have 2% more block than needed with the Advancing fortress. A lvl4 enlighten would make 4% unreserved mana instead of the current 1%, so I could use a lvl21 LW without reduced mana, and Tempest Shield could get a 4th support gem.

Tree: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUDAAFvBAcFLQthDXwOPA5cEVAUcRXXFy8bJRzcHRQdTx8CIWAi9CSwKPoppSy_LR8vbzW5NsU6UjwtQKBDY0PIRX5Gt0lPSbFLrkyzTlJPBFWpVdZWSFZjV8lZ81xrXhNfKmFSZOdmVGaeaFho8moBavpsC20ZcLtxTXIPcql08Xrvfmx_xoCkgOCDX4RIhTKGYIauhtGJ2It6jHaPGo9GkiuTJ5Rvly2XtJitms-bMKEvpRinCKcrrKqvbLcxuJO8qr6KwcXDbcT2xq7QH9Nv12rXltfP2CTZE9lb4vfpAuoY6-Tr7uwY707viO_r9zL3wfjr-Tf60v0A?accountName=M%C3%A1rkusz&characterName=M%C3%A1rkuszTheBearded

Stats:
Regular setup (anti-crit, all purpose):
ES: 19679 (+1k with rare belt)
Armour with Flasks: 155 742
ES Gain per block: 6230
Armour without Flasks: 38512
ES Gain per block without flasks: 1540
Block: 75/75
Crit multi reduction: 50%
Resists: max: 75/80/76 total: 133/118/117
Dodge: 8% after taking crits (boots enchant)
Swapping in the rare Crystal belt gives exactly 1000 ES and better resists.

Damage/thorn 78/78 block setup:
18144 ES, 155 119 Armour, 78/78 Block, nearly double damage on spells, Anvil rekts glasscannons.

Anti-elemental setup:
15420 / 0.75 = 20560 effective ES against elemental hits, 162 721 Armour

Anti-elemental non-crit setup:
16385 / 0.75 = 21847 effective ES against elemental hits, 162 721 Armour, but only 20% crit multi reduction

Secondary damage / DoT setup:
25160 ES, 20% DoT reduction, some ES regen (mostly from ascendency) and a 10-use ignite removal flask (for SR)

Conclusion: The build can gain as much ES per block as some people have as total EHP (6k+), yes it's op. I've tested against most top DPS builds in standard, and regular hit-based blockable builds can't kill it reliably, based on rng it takes 10-60 seconds to die them. A few exceptions that can kill me fairly fast are Flameblast, pure EA, HoT (IF they remove their CWDT setups or don't get near me). I can stand in Scorching Ray for a fairly long time thanks to the flask.
I dare to think this is the tankiest build overall atm. (Zerphi tanks can be better in few cases)

Path of Building code: https://pastebin.com/64nsb5up

Changes: I gained 2k ES from new chest, new helmet (sacrificed the LW enchant), new rings, modified tree (using mana nodes, less aura nodes), and another near 2k ES by swapping the Sai for Advancing fortress, and the Anvil for Astramentis.
Added anti-elemental Incandescent Heart setup (nearly +1k effective ES compared to rare chest)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
Last edited by Márkusz on Jun 22, 2017, 4:25:12 PM
what passives nodes would u get if you're level 100?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info