Tank in the DPS meta

"
chrila wrote:
Do you suggest to respec or get carried? Kind of hard to level this solo. :)

respec it for sure, though you can probably level with flameblast and tabula and almost get the exact same passives. fb carries you without passives
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
"

respec it for sure, though you can probably level with flameblast and tabula and almost get the exact same passives. fb carries you without passives

You can go to lvl80+ with Amplification Rod, firestorm an no fire passive at all, it's long and very boring but definitely doable (I leveled an aurabot from scratch during Essences with this setup).
Last edited by IceDeal on Jul 8, 2017, 4:55:16 AM
"
IceDeal wrote:
"

You can go to lvl80+ with Amplification Rod, firestorm an no fire passive at all, it's long and very boring but definitely doable (I leveled an aurabot from scratch during Essences with this setup).

Thanks both. Gonna be a slow and painful journey :D
IGN: Gieves
Hey did you test your build with this guy '' TheLastLightning'' ? , i did a tank troll build in legacy league and i was testing my stuff so i duel some standard pvp guys , i can survive to some LA guys but that guy one shot me with arc lol , maybe you can test your build with him , i think yours is more tanky than mine.
Last edited by EspadaDelPanico on Jul 12, 2017, 12:24:10 AM

I would also like to propose a test :-)
IGN - Xukai

Mirror Service - /1046531
"
trav_dawg wrote:

I would also like to propose a test :-)

Those are almost BiS against me.
IGN: Márkusz
My builds: thread/1600072
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
Updated the Aegis build for 3.0
Swapped crit reduction belt and passive for more ES, got better rings.
Lost 2k ES, but gained almost full crit reduction and 10% aoe dmg reduction with the Solaris pantheon. Lost dps by going to self cast instead of CWC because of the nerf to it.

DoTs are really hard, so removal/immunity items are very important.

Pantheon made crit opponents much more bearable, and others are also mitigated better, but CI nerf is also significant.

I still have to get and test Herald of Thunder (50% increased recovery of Life+ES after stopping taking DoTs) under Arakaali, see if it works with Aegis replenish, because if it does it will be the best option against non-crit.

Xirgil and regen builds should still work well with the legacy gears, and besides the obvious crit pantheon, the above mentioned recovery pantheon is also really nice on them. To proc it wear Reckless/Conv talisman to take crits and get ignited, then remove the ignite with a non-fix duration flask, like mana flask with avenger mod, so you can dispel it every 4 seconds and keep it up.

The build

Regular setup (full tank):

Damage/thorn 78/78 block setup:

Anti-elemental setup:

Secondary damage / DoT setup:

Other swaps (resist overcaps):

Shaper's Touch is not only a budget option, but straight up better than any rare glove when you have 300+ strength because practically it turns all strength into intelligence, and it greatly boosts armour through evasion scaling (the armour on the base is insignificant).
Astramentis is also BiS, can give 220-330 intelligence equivalent (44-66% ES) thanks to the gloves. All of the three stats are used up, because it frees up 2 suffixes on rings, which can be int rolls or resists. It would require a mirror-tier rare amulet to beat it in pure ES numbers.

This setup is still not perfect, I need to get a useful helmet enchant, probably mana reservation for one of the auras, which would free up passive nodes, and I have 2% more block than needed with the Advancing fortress.

Tree: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUDAAFvBAcFLQthDXwOPA5cEVAUcRVQFy8bJRzcHRQfAiFgIvQksCepKPoppSpTLL8vbzW5NsU6UjwtQKBDY0PIRJ5Ffka3SU9JsUuuTLNOUk8EU7tV1lZIV8lZ81xrXhNfKmFSZOdmVGaeaGVo8mr6bAttGXC7cU1yD3KpdPF6735sf8aApIDgg1-ESIUyhmCG0Yt6jHaPGo9GkiuTJ5Rvly2YrZrPmzCePKEvpRinCKcrrKqvbLJwtAy3MbdouJO8qr6KwcXDbcT2xq7K09Af02_XatfP2CTZE9lb4vfpAuoY6rrr5Ovu7BjvTu-I7-vz3fcy98H46_k3-tI=?accountName=M%C3%A1rkusz&characterName=M%C3%A1rkuszTheBearded

Bandit: Passive
Pantheon: Solaris and Yugul (for the reflect) or Abberath (for fire reduction)

Stats:
Regular setup (full tank):
ES: 17896
Armour with Flasks: 151 537
ES Gain per block: 6061
Armour without Flasks: 39 346
ES Gain per block without flasks: 1574
Block: 75/75
Crit multi reduction: full by Solaris pantheon
Resists: max: 75/80/76
Dodge: 8% after taking crits (boot enchant)

Damage/thorn 78/78 block setup:
15936 ES, 148 380 Armour, 78/78 Block, nearly double damage on spells, Anvil rekts glasscannons.

Anti-elemental setup:
13935 / 0.75 = 18580 effective ES against elemental hits, 161 025 Armour
Take note that the ES replenish is indirectly also buffed by the 0.75 reduction because it is based on armour which is not lowered by swapping.

Secondary damage / DoT setup:
21708 ES, 20% DoT reduction, some ES regen (mostly from ascendency) and a 10-use ignite removal flask (for SR)

Path of Building code: https://pastebin.com/M1LehMr3
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)

what tanks?
🎈🤡LEGACY MINER & TRAPPER MIRROR SERVICE: 1713980🤡🎈
🎈🤡ETERNAL SUPPORTER UNIQUE: KAOM'S SPIRIT🎈Designer: IronVsWild🤡🎈
🎈🤡ETERNAL SUPPORTER SINCE APRIL 2012🤡🎈
🎈🤡IGN: CLOWNPOWDER & CLOWNLIVESMATTER🤡🎈
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
"
Castablanca wrote:

what tanks?

:P
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info