[2.2 PHC/Video] Dual Curse CoC Cyclone Trypanon/Scolds Bridle Juggernaut - perma IC

"
Vendatpath wrote:

1. No, you cant remove the added fire damage, Molten Shell only deals fire damage if you actually take enough damage to triger its explosion. Molten Shell is actually more of a defensive feature, since IC has a very high up time(the main benefit of MS is gaining lots of armor for free) you could also skip MS entirely and link another damage spell(like Flame Surge).

2. yes, you could basicly link any other spell which is not dealing cold or lightning damage.

I will probably summarise this again in the first post, which changes to make in order to use VMS.

Well, actually my plan was, take both MS and VMS with me, so just use MS for clearing, and before fighting with the BOSS, just remove MS, and use VMS.

now, looks like not feasible. I have to remove the fire damage on attack before using VMS. That's not very convenient...

Anyway, thanks for replying.
Just wanted to say great build. Rather proud that I was able to take on a corrupted T12 map which included no Life Regen, no Mana Regen, No Life Leech, No Mana Leech and still full clear the map deathless.

Woohoo for 4 hybrid flasks (just for that map).

Soft-core variation is going strong :)

Spoiler
Last edited by Rjr3412 on Mar 29, 2016, 3:44:33 PM
Thanks for this strong build. I'm leveling with it now. Current level is 45.

Only one issue is mana, for signle target, i have to use mana potion.

is there anything i missing?

And how about cold snap? can i replace ice nova to cold snap for bosses. seems cold snap deal more damage for single target

Thanks
Last edited by qiandongyq on Mar 30, 2016, 12:01:32 AM
"
Rjr3412 wrote:
Just wanted to say great build. Rather proud that I was able to take on a corrupted T12 map which included no Life Regen, no Mana Regen, No Life Leech, No Mana Leech and still full clear the map deathless.

Woohoo for 4 hybrid flasks (just for that map).

Soft-core variation is going strong :)

Spoiler

Awesome!

"
qiandongyq wrote:
Thanks for this strong build. I'm leveling with it now. Current level is 45.

Only one issue is mana, for signle target, i have to use mana potion.

is there anything i missing?

And how about cold snap? can i replace ice nova to cold snap for bosses. seems cold snap deal more damage for single target

Thanks

In the begining you certainly need a mana flask, later on when your damage improves(while mana cost stays the same) that wont be necessary anymore.
Sure you could try Cold Snap for single target.
I'm lv 75 now. doing maps is ok for me, but cannot beat merciless izaro.

I tried several different setup, and moved MS and IC here and there, but looks like no big difference, and I die fast.

The main difference is that I removed the manual IC 4L and put on a VMS 4L, but it can not be used when fighting with Izaro. However, with cyclone only, it makes quite small dmg to Izaro, and I have to run around around and around to kite his attacks.

Any good suggestion? Thanks.
"
SaoDiSeng wrote:
I'm lv 75 now. doing maps is ok for me, but cannot beat merciless izaro.

I tried several different setup, and moved MS and IC here and there, but looks like no big difference, and I die fast.

The main difference is that I removed the manual IC 4L and put on a VMS 4L, but it can not be used when fighting with Izaro. However, with cyclone only, it makes quite small dmg to Izaro, and I have to run around around and around to kite his attacks.

Any good suggestion? Thanks.

To be fair, merc izaro is hard for most classes at 75. He's just a hard boss. What do your stats look like? Do you have everything linked?
Is EE worth it if you're using a VMS setup and Flame Surge as another spell?

Or is the - resist too much?
IGN - Zginc
"
kallell wrote:

To be fair, merc izaro is hard for most classes at 75. He's just a hard boss. What do your stats look like? Do you have everything linked?

Well, this is my gears as below, and the setup could be different, because I'm still trying. Currently running with about 4.7-4.8k life.

Spoiler
"
Zginc wrote:
Is EE worth it if you're using a VMS setup and Flame Surge as another spell?

Or is the - resist too much?

Iam not exactly sure what comes first after a Cyclone(CoC or VMS) to be honest, but usualy 1 Cyclone results in multiple CoC triggers while it only triggers VMS once, so it should still be worth to use EE.

"
SaoDiSeng wrote:
"
kallell wrote:

Well, this is my gears as below, and the setup could be different, because I'm still trying. Currently running with about 4.7-4.8k life.

Spoiler

I dont see anything wrong with your gear and just from the stats you shouldnt have the slightest problem with that boss. Just Cyclone around him all the time and most of his attacks will miss you anyways, could face tank anything that boss did when I was runing lab(with worse gear than I have now). Maybe you buffed him to hard? You can also try to add life leech in your 6l instead of IC and put IC in the vengeance trigger instead of MS.

Only problem I sometimes had with Izaro is https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1613362
Last edited by Vendatpath on Mar 31, 2016, 3:16:15 PM
"
Vendatpath wrote:

I dont see anything wrong with your gear and just from the stats you shouldnt have the slightest problem with that boss. Just Cyclone around him all the time and most of his attacks will miss you anyways, could face tank anything that boss did when I was runing lab(with worse gear than I have now). Maybe you buffed him to hard? You can also try to add life leech in your 6l instead of IC and put IC in the vengeance trigger instead of MS.

Only problem I sometimes had with Izaro is https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1613362

Thanks for replying. I have died more than 10 times today with Izaro. let me try with your suggestion, to see how's going.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info