[2.2 PHC/Video] Dual Curse CoC Cyclone Trypanon/Scolds Bridle Juggernaut - perma IC

if use the VMS setup for single target, do we still need EE ? guess not ?
"
SaoDiSeng wrote:
if use the VMS setup for single target, do we still need EE ? guess not ?

You still need EE, its still a huge damage boost, depending on what comes first, the CoC Nova procs or the VMS trigger, you might have to change the elemental damage on Cyclone.
"
Vendatpath wrote:

Also as a 6th link, if I would want another spell I would probably use Flame Surge for better single target damage. I think using a Fire Spell would be better since we can make use of EE.

Thanks, good call. I was still stuck in the aoe mind frame.

"
Important stats on Jewels:
- Life
- Attack Speed with Maces
- Area Damage/Spell Damage

"increased Attack Speed with Two Handed Melee Weapons" would work for us as well?

http://poe.trade/search/akosenigehiori Is a decent search start point (this is for Softcore Pyrandus)

I am assuming these are in order? How good is attack speed, I'm assuming the more hits we get in the more Cast on Crit spells we kick off, is there an Internal Cool Down on how often CoC can proc? Although I doubt we'd get close with how slow Trypanon is to begin with.

Still relatively new and getting a handle on mechanics. Thanks for answering all my newbie questions and for the guide!

Something mentioned in the reddit post for this build was the Fevered Mind unique jewel. I think from a raw damage point of view it might be worth considering, probably more for softcore though. Although the interaction with having it proc CWDT on purpose is something interesting as well.
Last edited by roya82 on Mar 28, 2016, 6:02:20 PM
I'm also currently running this build and having a blast in PHC. My tree is just slightly different, since I feel that the flask nodes in the witch area are very worth taking. I'm also using flame surge instead of controlled destruction, I think that flat fire dmg on cyclone attacks with guaranteed crit burns targets for just long enough to make use of the bonus dmg against burning targets for flame surge. Also, I don't use silver flask right now because it seems like sulphur gives me more damage. Right now I'm level 90 and cruising through high tier maps.

Skill tree: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEBAAGRAdwEBwSzBsYNHw5cFCAVUBZvFrsYaho4HNwdFB8CJKonLyj6LdI1kjbFNuk6WDrYOuE8BTwoPV89_EGHRX5FnUbXR35Ms03jUEdSU1NSVcZWSFcpWAdYY1nzXz9lTWZUZp5o8mr6bRlvO3GFcg9343gNeC95aHzlfXOCm4LHg9uE2YV7ivCMz48aj0aQVZeVl_SYrZo7muCboZy-n9-iAKZXpwipbq0JsKuxQrXytz64k702vqfAAcAawGbBBMSCxtjQH9gk2L3audrd42rpRuvu7DjvDu987-vwH_JF9kj3ufno-tL-Cv6P?accountName=SimpleStuff&characterName=Trippin_On_Trypanon

Gear:
Anyone got some more recent vids?
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
"
roya82 wrote:
"
Vendatpath wrote:

Also as a 6th link, if I would want another spell I would probably use Flame Surge for better single target damage. I think using a Fire Spell would be better since we can make use of EE.

Thanks, good call. I was still stuck in the aoe mind frame.

"
Important stats on Jewels:
- Life
- Attack Speed with Maces
- Area Damage/Spell Damage

"increased Attack Speed with Two Handed Melee Weapons" would work for us as well?

http://poe.trade/search/akosenigehiori Is a decent search start point (this is for Softcore Pyrandus)

I am assuming these are in order? How good is attack speed, I'm assuming the more hits we get in the more Cast on Crit spells we kick off, is there an Internal Cool Down on how often CoC can proc? Although I doubt we'd get close with how slow Trypanon is to begin with.

Still relatively new and getting a handle on mechanics. Thanks for answering all my newbie questions and for the guide!

Something mentioned in the reddit post for this build was the Fevered Mind unique jewel. I think from a raw damage point of view it might be worth considering, probably more for softcore though. Although the interaction with having it proc CWDT on purpose is something interesting as well.

Yes I would say the stats are in order, Attack Speed with Maces is the highest Attack Speed you can get, I think with Two Handed Melee Weapons is the 2nd best. The Cast speed limit is 50 MS Cooldown per spell, the build can reach this if you have alot of Targets Cyclone can trigger from. Also I dont think Fevered Mind is needed as long as you use the Vengeance trigger for IC.

"
SimpleStuff wrote:
I'm also currently running this build and having a blast in PHC. My tree is just slightly different, since I feel that the flask nodes in the witch area are very worth taking. I'm also using flame surge instead of controlled destruction, I think that flat fire dmg on cyclone attacks with guaranteed crit burns targets for just long enough to make use of the bonus dmg against burning targets for flame surge. Also, I don't use silver flask right now because it seems like sulphur gives me more damage. Right now I'm level 90 and cruising through high tier maps.

Skill tree: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEBAAGRAdwEBwSzBsYNHw5cFCAVUBZvFrsYaho4HNwdFB8CJKonLyj6LdI1kjbFNuk6WDrYOuE8BTwoPV89_EGHRX5FnUbXR35Ms03jUEdSU1NSVcZWSFcpWAdYY1nzXz9lTWZUZp5o8mr6bRlvO3GFcg9343gNeC95aHzlfXOCm4LHg9uE2YV7ivCMz48aj0aQVZeVl_SYrZo7muCboZy-n9-iAKZXpwipbq0JsKuxQrXytz64k702vqfAAcAawGbBBMSCxtjQH9gk2L3audrd42rpRuvu7DjvDu987-vwH_JF9kj3ufno-tL-Cv6P?accountName=SimpleStuff&characterName=Trippin_On_Trypanon

Gear:

Awesome! How is your experience so far? Do you have similar lag issues than I do or is it working better for you(my Computer is not the best)?
In terms of Silver vs Sulphur I prefer Silver since it gives attack and movement speed which is quite nice, also taking the Flask nodes from the Witch is a nice idea.

"
Anyone got some more recent vids?

In case I get my hands on a Abyss map again I will probably make another one :D
I'm leveling a char with this build. Before lv 65, single target is such a pain. Is there any way to improve this?
"
SaoDiSeng wrote:
I'm leveling a char with this build. Before lv 65, single target is such a pain. Is there any way to improve this?

Make sure you have EE, EO + AOE nodes when you hit lvl 40, worked fine for me from there on with Tabula/Trypanon.
Please point my mistake.

I browsed few pages in this thread, and concluded as below:

If not using VMS, then keep a fire damage on attack, and can link a MS to Vengeance.

If using VMS, then remove the fire damage on attack, and remove MS from Vengeance.

so, questions:

1. if not using VMS, we have MS taking effect all the time already, can we remove the fire damage?

2. If using VMS, and removed MS, is there any good suggestion for the spare socket?

thanks.
Last edited by SaoDiSeng on Mar 29, 2016, 3:21:28 PM
"
SaoDiSeng wrote:
Please point my mistake.

I browsed few pages in this thread, and concluded as below:

If not using VMS, then keep a fire damage on attack, and can link a MS to Vengeance.

If using VMS, then remove the fire damage on attack, and remove MS from Vengeance.

so, questions:

1. if not using VMS, we have MS taking effect all the time already, can we remove the fire damage?

2. If using VMS, and removed MS, is there any good suggestion for the spare socket?

thanks.

1. No, you cant remove the added fire damage, Molten Shell only deals fire damage if you actually take enough damage to triger its explosion. Molten Shell is actually more of a defensive feature, since IC has a very high up time(the main benefit of MS is gaining lots of armor for free) you could also skip MS entirely and link another damage spell(like Flame Surge).

2. yes, you could basicly link any other spell which is not dealing cold or lightning damage.

I will probably summarise this again in the first post, which changes to make in order to use VMS.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info