[2.2 PHC/Video] Dual Curse CoC Cyclone Trypanon/Scolds Bridle Juggernaut - perma IC

"
RockHardDeuce wrote:
Do the supported spells crit from the weapon also? Like Shock Nova and Ice Nova?

They are only triggered, they have a separate crit chance.
So how does EE work when running VMS with scold's? On what order do spells proc?

I'm guessing the order would be something like cyclone(+Fire) -> VMS(fire) -> Shock Nova -> Ice Nova -> repeat?
The real question, are procs from CoC count as separate HITs for each spell or not.
Thanks for the build!

For fun I just adjusted the skill a bit, you can use EE with fire spells. So, cyclone+coc+controled destruction+fire storm+flame surge+fire pen, use VMS for single target, oh, craft cold damage on ring. You can use flammability to boost dmg.

It will wreck your fps and crash the whole party without a problem.
"
Montoyal wrote:
So how does EE work when running VMS with scold's? On what order do spells proc?

I'm guessing the order would be something like cyclone(+Fire) -> VMS(fire) -> Shock Nova -> Ice Nova -> repeat?

Yes that should be it, at least every time you cast a new cyclone.

"
Rhans wrote:
The real question, are procs from CoC count as separate HITs for each spell or not.

Yes they are.

"
naderni wrote:
Thanks for the build!

For fun I just adjusted the skill a bit, you can use EE with fire spells. So, cyclone+coc+controled destruction+fire storm+flame surge+fire pen, use VMS for single target, oh, craft cold damage on ring. You can use flammability to boost dmg.

Haha, awesome :P
Hi thanks for your awesome build !
I'm using it and loving it atm but I'd like to know something to maybe improve it or know if I'm wrong : Why not use any golem like flame golem for example, it's good for our elemtal equilibrium as it does fire damage and it adds 17% increased damage so why don't use it ?

And you confirm the use of the belt "Soulthirst" is not good because I don't have much currency to pay Headhunters and I'm considering using that belt if it's useful in anyway or maybe I'd better use a rare belt ?

Thanks in advance !
"
Hi thanks for your awesome build !
I'm using it and loving it atm but I'd like to know something to maybe improve it or know if I'm wrong : Why not use any golem like flame golem for example, it's good for our elemtal equilibrium as it does fire damage and it adds 17% increased damage so why don't use it ?

And you confirm the use of the belt "Soulthirst" is not good because I don't have much currency to pay Headhunters and I'm considering using that belt if it's useful in anyway or maybe I'd better use a rare belt ?

Thanks in advance !
From experience, I can say that Soul Eater only really starts kicking in once you've eaten about 15 souls. 15 souls provides the following benefits:
75% phys reduction (stacks with endurance charges)
75% ele resist (so you're guaranteed to be capped)
75% Attack and Cast speed
??% increased Character Size

However, Soul Eater resets every time you use a flask OR a flask ends. So, Soulthirst promotes a playstyle where you mostly only use one, long-lasting flask. The best flask to use is a Sanctified Mana flask, if you can keep from reaching full mana. Since Soulthirst belt has Reduced Flask duration on it, you'll want to grab the Alchemist cluster. You could also think about cursing yourself with Temporal Chains using the Shackles of the Wretched gloves; Juggernaut's Unstoppable node means that Temp Chains won't slow move/attack speed, but it will still increase duration of 'Other Effects' on you, including flasks.

Juggernaut is a great class for Soulthirst, but Soulthirst is still hard to build around. I'd say, if you can get a flask that at least 8-10 seconds, soulthirst might be fun to try, but don't break the bank to buy one.
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
"
naderni wrote:
Thanks for the build!

Thanks to you and OP for the inspiration for my 8th 90 this league, lol.

I went full fire synergy running 6L CoC setup in CJacks and 6L VMS setup in Trypanon. Saving for Acuities as they would be a huge boost for the build and hunting out a +1 Curse ammy with dex so I can drop the curse nodes and get the templar reduced mana nodes to run Haste with Blasph-Warlord's-Poachers (Poachers is a huge must to me in this build, perma flasks, frenzy, less evasion).

Anyways, this is one of the most fun and OP builds I've played this league :)

My profile is open for anyone who cares to take a gander. (Character = Cop)
IGN: CPU, Gas, Cop, Live, Flee, Oil
Last edited by infinityinc on May 3, 2016, 6:24:28 PM
this build is so much fun! the only time I've died was from not paying attention to mob mods (big group of exploding balls)

Spoiler

Here is my gear, my spells aren't as damaging as yours, I think they're at around 2.4k dps right now.

Also, would these be useful for this build at all?
Last edited by SassyBeard on May 9, 2016, 1:46:38 PM
Do you think Doedre's scorn can replace the helmet for an even more budget version ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info