[HC Assassin] 2.6 Arc Miner build - Fast Clear + Very Low Budget!

You can still run dual curse with MoM, should just have one of the curses be self cast instead of a blasphemy. Losing over 1k extra hp is a big hit :D

And Added Chaos should go in instead of Increased Crit Multi (Less Duration is also a very good link). Increased Crit Multi is just not as good as most gems now with all the extra more multipliers around etc.
Good build. Having a lot of fun with it but I'm a PoE beginner and am wondering what you do for single target damage. I have a 5 link Tremor Rod but I often find myself having to run around and drop mines like crazy and detonate them while avoiding all of the boss mechanics in order to kill them. I'm able to do low level maps pretty easily but things like uber lab and normal Atziri are giving me grief. So I'm thinking I must be missing something. Thanks!
"
Beeps wrote:
Good build. Having a lot of fun with it but I'm a PoE beginner and am wondering what you do for single target damage. I have a 5 link Tremor Rod but I often find myself having to run around and drop mines like crazy and detonate them while avoiding all of the boss mechanics in order to kill them. I'm able to do low level maps pretty easily but things like uber lab and normal Atziri are giving me grief. So I'm thinking I must be missing something. Thanks!

You may be a bit too low level for a lot of your damage nodes if you are struggling on normal atziri/uber lab, certainly found it fine to do them with arc. However if you want to have a good single target option, you can always use a second 5l tremor rod on weapon swap with a poison bladefall setup. Then you just need to get used to switching between weapons for the few mobs that are too tanky to kill quickly with arc (a couple of map bosses, izaro and atziri).
all you have to do is invest more into the build, now its like super cheap and with some currency you dont need bladefall trap
This is for sure going to be my next build in PHC. Thanks for the build pal, very concise, all the necessary info is there!
You should call this the "Ben Franklin" build. Because it relies on arc and kiting. ;)
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Very nice build. I am running i curently, and i just have two questions,
- I don't understand the link of the gems skills. with arc you need minefield support but you also need the remote mine support. you do not talk about the last one ? how could it work without the remote mine support ?
- how do u kill bosses with it ?
Last edited by M091190A on Jul 31, 2016, 11:17:37 AM
I am playing this build, now lvl86

I have some idea, how to improve this build.

1)Using Essence Worm ring + some aura = no mana reserved.
2) If we have no mana reserved, than we can use Clear Mind jevel. It give us crazy dmg boost (+60%).

with that 2 things we have like 1300 free mana pool. It good for EB+MoM. But i see one problem there. We can lose our mana vary fast, becouse use no clarity. If so, than we can use bloodmagic+ low lvl Clarity.

How do u think will it works ?
"
This is for sure going to be my next build in PHC. Thanks for the build pal, very concise, all the necessary info is there!

Thanks for reading :) Will be updating the guide for next league I think - stay tuned!

"
dudiobugtron wrote:
You should call this the "Ben Franklin" build. Because it relies on arc and kiting. ;)

Not a bad suggestion :D

"
M091190A wrote:
Very nice build. I am running i curently, and i just have two questions,
- I don't understand the link of the gems skills. with arc you need minefield support but you also need the remote mine support. you do not talk about the last one ? how could it work without the remote mine support ?
- how do u kill bosses with it ?

1. Yes you need both remote mine and minefield for the build to work, however we do not need to socket remote mine ourselves - tremor rod applies the remote mine support gem to any items socketed in it (hence why we use it).

2. Not quite sure what you mean, if you are referring to Arc usually being pretty poor against bosses, it is still somewhat noticeable but the vast majority of bosses will die to 1-3 detonations of your arc mines. Bladefall mines can be used for tankier bosses on a weapon swap.

"
virty95 wrote:
I am playing this build, now lvl86

I have some idea, how to improve this build.

1)Using Essence Worm ring + some aura = no mana reserved.
2) If we have no mana reserved, than we can use Clear Mind jevel. It give us crazy dmg boost (+60%).

with that 2 things we have like 1300 free mana pool. It good for EB+MoM. But i see one problem there. We can lose our mana vary fast, becouse use no clarity. If so, than we can use bloodmagic+ low lvl Clarity.

How do u think will it works ?

Thanks for your input :) I have certainly considered using an essence worm before, but honestly it is far too big a trade off for HC (although perhaps people may try in SC with wrath in essence worm and clarity on mana?).

First off you will not be able to run any curses on blasphemy, which is a huge bonus, and if you do run one anyway you will end up reserving more mana than before.

Secondly, while clear mind is a great jewel, it is possible to get a life jewel with only a little less damage (while still being able to reserve mana), so its benefits for this build which is quite %increase heavy on the damage already is a little diminished.

Finally there is just the clear trade off of losing the life/mana/manaregen on the ring slot :)

Using an essence worm is certainly a damage boost assuming you put in wrath, although you drop quite a lot of survivability to do so. As for a low level clarity on life, its a nice idea but I feel like a high level clarity is required. Unless you want to spend an tonne on gear of course :)

As a side note, a common theme I seem to see is that people are not prioritising mana enough on gear - you should aim for ~2k total mana by 90 ish.
Updated the videos in the OP with a demonstration of the bladefall weapon swap (no surprise at the improved damage there), a plateau clear with my prophecy character and a normal Atziri kill.

Wanted to get an Uber Izaro kill in there but had none of the map trials in standard for my old Prophecy character :/ Will do it next league.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info