[HC Assassin] 2.6 Arc Miner build - Fast Clear + Very Low Budget!

"
Starbuckz42 wrote:
Why didn't you take the saboteur node at the beginning?

Its a great node but the damage is not really needed until later, and later you are better off scaling your crit first :)
One of the strongest build i've ever played.
I'm using Blasphemy - Enfeeble + Acro+Phaseacro.
"
zusyo123 wrote:
One of the strongest build i've ever played.
I'm using Blasphemy - Enfeeble + Acro+Phaseacro.

Glad you are enjoying it.

I did consider using Acro + Phase Acro at first but decided full hybrid + MoM was easier on the points in the end - what did you drop to get Acrobatics?

Also an update on the builds viability for more rippy things as I recently took a >7.3k hit from precinct boss :)

Uber Atziri: Vaals and Atziri are pretty trivial, but the trio is very deadly. Just don't get hit by the dual striker when he is on fire (usual one-shot).
Core Malachi with damage mods: Very possible, just don't get caught by the frontal cold spray. Twinned is unlikely though, atleast on HC.
Hall of Grandmasters: Also very possible if you can identify if there is a chaos firestormer infront of you with spectre bubbles (evangelist summoners are very annoying for providing cover to other grandmasters - usually you just oneshot the whole line).
Death and Taxes: Pretty easy, just be careful of the cold pulse aura.

Just keep in mind that Decoy Totem is incredibly useful for all of these fights - do not forget it!

Are there any uniques this build would benefit from?
Really nice build. I would recommend it to anyone who's interested in trying it.

I went CI just because I've always preferred it for my characters. Using enfeeble (blasphemy) and discipline. Call of the brotherhood ring. Obviously a chayula ammy since I'm CI. Finally 6-linked my tremor rod so I'm pretty much done with gearing but could make small improvements. Currently lvl 92 in Prophecy and this has been my go-to mapper and regular Atziri killer. Atziri is super easy with this and map clearing is awesome.

Thanks for the build guide. :)
fuck em
"
Inscene wrote:
Are there any uniques this build would benefit from?

Apart from those mentioned in the OP, 'Call of the Brotherhood' is not a bad ring to use. Other than that Lightning Coil (if you can sort out the resists without running purity) and taste of hate are both good options of course :)

"
MissApril wrote:
Really nice build. I would recommend it to anyone who's interested in trying it.

I went CI just because I've always preferred it for my characters. Using enfeeble (blasphemy) and discipline. Call of the brotherhood ring. Obviously a chayula ammy since I'm CI. Finally 6-linked my tremor rod so I'm pretty much done with gearing but could make small improvements. Currently lvl 92 in Prophecy and this has been my go-to mapper and regular Atziri killer. Atziri is super easy with this and map clearing is awesome.

Thanks for the build guide. :)

Glad you are enjoying it :) I had considered going CI with this as well to see how well it worked (as I could then get 2 curses + disc. How much %es and total ES have you got with your current gear/tree? My main concern was survivability with no leech, low (or no regen) and not massively high ES pool due to no shield.

And yeah atziri is super easy :) Just got to figure out a more consistent way to do trio on uber.

"
Glad you are enjoying it :) I had considered going CI with this as well to see how well it worked (as I could then get 2 curses + disc. How much %es and total ES have you got with your current gear/tree? My main concern was survivability with no leech, low (or no regen) and not massively high ES pool due to no shield.

And yeah atziri is super easy :) Just got to figure out a more consistent way to do trio on uber.

Not as much as I hoped. Currently about 7500 and this is one of the things I hope to improve on. It's been fine for what I do in softcore so haven't been too concerned but it's definitely not as much as your typical CI character.
fuck em
Last edited by MissApril on Jul 1, 2016, 2:56:24 AM
Hey! Thought i'd update you on the progress, so far I am absolutely loving it. I made some changes however. I decided that I felt safer using a dual curse (Enfeeble + temp chains) over MoM, I noticed it killed me often, when my potion wouldnt heal my mana fast enough, and I wasnt able to kill things during those times. During maps/Atziri that make curses not as usefull, I switch to clarity + herald of ice. Only issue I have is during boss fights, if I run out of my mana potion it takes a little longer to finish the fight. Otherwise I destroy everything.

Offence-with-7-power-charges

Defence

Items

Last edited by kayklown on Jul 1, 2016, 5:48:16 PM
"
MissApril wrote:

Not as much as I hoped. Currently about 7500 and this is one of the things I hope to improve on. It's been fine for what I do in softcore so haven't been too concerned but it's definitely not as much as your typical CI character.

Had a look at your tree and its somewhat similar to my visualisation of it. Would have certainly picked up a little more ES though, when planning it I would expect ~8.5k ES with average gear. Would have also considered going dagger/shield and no tremor rod, but overall a CI version would be far less budget at least. Trade off is no potting vs an extra curse (I have about 7.6k ehp on my current arc miner), and degen being irrelevant.

Oh a minor thing I noticed is that your phase run will do nothing in your cwdt setup, it must be behind immortal call in the CWDT order :)

"
kayklown wrote:
Hey! Thought i'd update you on the progress, so far I am absolutely loving it. I made some changes however. I decided that I felt safer using a dual curse (Enfeeble + temp chains) over MoM, I noticed it killed me often, when my potion wouldnt heal my mana fast enough, and I wasnt able to kill things during those times. During maps/Atziri that make curses not as usefull, I switch to clarity + herald of ice. Only issue I have is during boss fights, if I run out of my mana potion it takes a little longer to finish the fight. Otherwise I destroy everything.

I had been toying with the idea of dual blasphemy, but to be honest I think it would be best to self cast one of the curses because MoM is a pretty huge survivability boost (especially against chaos). As regards to your problem with keeping mana up, it sounds like the issue is just not having a good mana pot - just use a seething or bubbling 20q sanctified and you should be fine.

Although one general comment I will make that most people seem to be skipping over is that high mana on your gear is very important (consider it an extra health roll). Having 1k ES is more than enough, and it is generally not up when you need it most anyway.

Similarly, added chaos is actually a better 6th link, and lightning pen is questionable if you are using call of the brotherhood :)

Currently up to 22.4k self buffed arc damage now :D
"
Adblax wrote:
"
MissApril wrote:

Had a look at your tree and its somewhat similar to my visualisation of it. Would have certainly picked up a little more ES though, when planning it I would expect ~8.5k ES with average gear. Would have also considered going dagger/shield and no tremor rod, but overall a CI version would be far less budget at least. Trade off is no potting vs an extra curse (I have about 7.6k ehp on my current arc miner), and degen being irrelevant.

Oh a minor thing I noticed is that your phase run will do nothing in your cwdt setup, it must be behind immortal call in the CWDT order :)

"
kayklown wrote:

I had been toying with the idea of dual blasphemy, but to be honest I think it would be best to self cast one of the curses because MoM is a pretty huge survivability boost (especially against chaos). As regards to your problem with keeping mana up, it sounds like the issue is just not having a good mana pot - just use a seething or bubbling 20q sanctified and you should be fine.

Although one general comment I will make that most people seem to be skipping over is that high mana on your gear is very important (consider it an extra health roll). Having 1k ES is more than enough, and it is generally not up when you need it most anyway.

Similarly, added chaos is actually a better 6th link, and lightning pen is questionable if you are using call of the brotherhood :)

Currently up to 22.4k self buffed arc damage now :D

I actually have felt like I survive better without MoM, and dual curse instead. I have no issues with uber lab, or atziri, or maps. And added chaos as a 6th link, instead of what?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info