[HC Assassin] 2.6 Arc Miner build - Fast Clear + Very Low Budget!

Just an update. Running Enfeeble and clarity. Got to 90 and finished up Uber Lab. Lab wasn't overly difficult but I certainly make sure Izaro is not lightning resist.

I think this build wouldn't have any issues doing the twined 14/15 bosses and I'll try that then probably reroll some meta shield charge or something.

Spoiler
IGN Shihtzutank
@Adblax You died! What got ya?
"
kayklown wrote:
What would you say would be the best stats to look for on jewels? Also which gems would be best to 20% first?

Edit: Are there any vaal gems that greatly benefit this build?

In terms of gems, only lightning pen, trap and mine damage and controlled destruction are relevant (arc gives shock chance and minefield gives targeting radius).

For jewels, life is the big one as we are quite low on life anyway, crit multi is the best damaging stat, else just get a bunch of spell/lightning/elemental/mine damage (keep in mind we can get spell damage with staves too).

Vaal gems are honestly not as useful as on other builds to be honest, vaal discipline or vaal haste (although this doesn't affect mine-laying speed :/) would be best. Damage vaal skills are kind of useless except for vaal DD due to tremor rod.

"
standarsh1983 wrote:
Just an update. Running Enfeeble and clarity. Got to 90 and finished up Uber Lab. Lab wasn't overly difficult but I certainly make sure Izaro is not lightning resist.

I think this build wouldn't have any issues doing the twined 14/15 bosses and I'll try that then probably reroll some meta shield charge or something.

Spoiler

I have also switched to consistently running enfeeble as well as felt it improved survivability quite a lot. Managed to kill abaxoth and uber izaro easily enough, and have done T15 bosses last league (map drops were not favorable so far this league).

Hope you are enjoying it :)

"
DirtyLary wrote:
@Adblax You died! What got ya?

:D Turns out twinned volcano boss with GMP is as rippy as I expected. Could have done it if I was more cautious but stood on a totem and thing I got shotgunned down by the magma orb totem as it shot. Certainly viable to run the build with a lot of rarity though :)
I really like the looks of this - I've been running a SAB Ice trapper in the last league and it was just tearing shit up and I've gone the same route now but after seeing these videos I'm wondering which one is actually faster in the end - do you have any experience to make direct comparison?

When does this build really take off? Ice Trap has a pretty smooth damage curve so it's very easy to level with - should I wait with the switch at least until I finish cruel lab?
"
Bawtzki wrote:
I really like the looks of this - I've been running a SAB Ice trapper in the last league and it was just tearing shit up and I've gone the same route now but after seeing these videos I'm wondering which one is actually faster in the end - do you have any experience to make direct comparison?

When does this build really take off? Ice Trap has a pretty smooth damage curve so it's very easy to level with - should I wait with the switch at least until I finish cruel lab?

A friend of mine ran an ice trapper last league while I was doing this, and the arc miner cleared a fair amount faster and scaled a bit better in parties but had less single target damage (although the single target is usually fine, playing around with bladefall mines on weapon swap to make it more consistent at the moment).
I think i might try this in prophecy hardcore. Any tips on how to level it as i have never played a miner before.
"
Yatunic wrote:
I think i might try this in prophecy hardcore. Any tips on how to level it as i have never played a miner before.

There are suggestions in the guide, but just use fire nova mine until 45-48 then switch over to a tremor rod. Nothing special with the gear except a +1 wand for fire nova mine :)

Just remember to keep mobile and don't start maps until you have MoM!
I made a switch from SAB to ASS yesterday and I'm really digging it. Of all the budget builds I've played this one is probably at the top or on par with Ice Trapper when it comes to price/performance.

Single target is a bit weak right now if I come across some ele res or lightning res bosses but I'm still running a 4L and I still have plenty of damage nodes ahead of me (lvl 67 atm).

How does your bladefall mine setup look like?
Yeah at that sort of level the single target does hold back the build a bit. My bladefall mine setup is Bladefall - Minefield - Poison - Trap and Mine Damage - Conc effect on a second tremor rod on my weapon swap.

It definitely puts out more damage when I am solo (run with a support quite a lot - it is about the same as arc in that situation). Should kill bosses ~ 2-3x faster with it I think, but honestly once you pick up the damage nodes and get a bit higher it is not necessary for most bosses, and any bosses that have consistent adds will have Arc being just as good.
Why didn't you take the saboteur node at the beginning?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info