[HC Assassin] 2.6 Arc Miner build - Fast Clear + Very Low Budget!

Alrighty, I have used this build multiple times over the course of the league. I had made it to level 86 on Hardcore before dying to server lag back when the servers were having problems multiple times a day. Although the skill tree shown here is not the same one I used in hardcore, you can check that one in my character list. Also, I based my tree off of ES or ES/life hybrid, so I cut out some of the pure life nodes in favor of that.

I took this build to the limit with no holds barred. This build is amazing however for being extremely cheap and you can do some amazing damage with the bare minimum.

This build starts off EXTREMELY overpowered in terms of damage and most builds barely catch up to it even at level 90+ if they ever do at all. I had a ton of fun playing this and want to share the items I use to pretty much maximize damage. This build beast modes through T15 maps, Atziri, Izaro, and everything in between. Map mods for regen were the only problem I ever ran into due to my mana problems, but other than that, this should show a really good idea of the possible damage outputs. I actually removed some damage and my 7th jewel because of some mana problems so expect to break 30k+ damage per mine if you don't mind recharging mana. Also, none of my gems are corrupted, so you can throw in more damage there as well.


Damage Output
Damages per use = damage per mine
So each mine laying is 3 so multiply that by 3. If you put down the maximum of all 8 mines, then multiply that by 8.
Don't forget you can trigger twice from Tremor Rod, lightning penetration gem, and arc can chain on the same target multiple times.



Gear
Go for +2 Arc chains in the helmet (the damage mod does not increase the dps by that much, the chain is definitely way better).
Go for cold or fire damage on boots for more damage unless you want the movement speed.



Skill Tree
Only edits you can make are add the 7th jewel if you do not have mana problems or get the +12% chaos resistance and life in the upper left if you want that as well.


Gem Links
Most of the links are pretty obvious. Not much I would change and most of these are what is in the original build on first post anyways.
Vaal Lightning Trap is really awesome for this build since you can throw it on a boss and usually one shot it if you already could not without the trap.
I use 2x prismatic eclipse on my switch with whirling blades and faster attack for movement.

4L - Discipline, Clarity, Empower, Enlighten
6L - Arc, Minefield, Trap and Mine Damage, Controlled Destruction, Increased Critical Damage, Lightning Penetration (Swap Item Rarity in if you already 1 shot mobs)
4L - Minion Life, Minion Damage, Summon Flame Golem, Summon Chaos Golem
4L - Lightning Warp, Less Duration, Faster Casting, Summon Stone Golem
4L+- Flame Totem, Faster Casting, Increased Critical Damage, Lesser Multiple Projectiles, Vaal Lightning Trap






Praise Bisco the Doge <3
Last edited by Whiskeys on Apr 25, 2016, 12:00:47 PM
"
Whiskeys wrote:
Alrighty, I have used this build multiple times over the course of the league. I had made it to level 86 on Hardcore before dying to server lag back when the servers were having problems multiple times a day. Although the skill tree shown here is not the same one I used in hardcore, you can check that one in my character list. Also, I based my tree off of ES or ES/life hybrid, so I cut out some of the pure life nodes in favor of that.

I took this build to the limit with no holds barred. This build is amazing however for being extremely cheap and you can do some amazing damage with the bare minimum.

This build starts off EXTREMELY overpowered in terms of damage and most builds barely catch up to it even at level 90+ if they ever do at all. I had a ton of fun playing this and want to share the items I use to pretty much maximize damage. This build beast modes through T15 maps, Atziri, Izaro, and everything in between. Map mods for regen were the only problem I ever ran into due to my mana problems, but other than that, this should show a really good idea of the possible damage outputs. I actually removed some damage and my 7th jewel because of some mana problems so expect to break 30k+ damage per mine if you don't mind recharging mana. Also, none of my gems are corrupted, so you can throw in more damage there as well.


Damage Output
Damages per use = damage per mine
So each mine laying is 3 so multiply that by 3. If you put down the maximum of all 8 mines, then multiply that by 8.
Don't forget you can trigger twice from Tremor Rod, lightning penetration gem, and arc can chain on the same target multiple times.



Gear
Go for +2 Arc chains in the helmet (the damage mod does not increase the dps by that much, the chain is definitely way better).
Go for cold or fire damage on boots for more damage unless you want the movement speed.



Skill Tree
Only edits you can make are add the 7th jewel if you do not have mana problems or get the +12% chaos resistance and life in the upper left if you want that as well.


Gem Links
Most of the links are pretty obvious. Not much I would change and most of these are what is in the original build on first post anyways.
Vaal Lightning Trap is really awesome for this build since you can throw it on a boss and usually one shot it if you already could not without the trap.
I use 2x prismatic eclipse on my switch with whirling blades and faster attack for movement.

4L - Discipline, Clarity, Empower, Enlighten
6L - Arc, Minefield, Trap and Mine Damage, Controlled Destruction, Increased Critical Damage, Lightning Penetration (Swap Item Rarity in if you already 1 shot mobs)
4L - Minion Life, Minion Damage, Summon Flame Golem, Summon Chaos Golem
4L - Lightning Warp, Less Duration, Faster Casting, Summon Stone Golem
4L+- Flame Totem, Faster Casting, Increased Critical Damage, Lesser Multiple Projectiles, Vaal Lightning Trap












So, im doing this build with life/es, im at 4.2k hp and 1.5k ES, but i think im really squishy, since you did a mostly ES, what can u tell me, do you feel that squishy? I mean every small mistake kills you? that perandus box next door kills you? my armour and eva are really low, and im res cap.
"

Want to share something very useful, didn't found in in the tread : link Detonate Mines to CwDT, I also use Frost Wall there. For me is life savior many times.


Despite I'm running a low life version of this build, linking an additional Detonate Mines to a CWDT or CWS may save your life.



Also, Call of the Brotherhood is a nice addition that helps a lot against those Porcupines and DD strongboxes.

Problemas Conocidos / Preguntas Frecuentes - ¡Por favor lee antes de publicar!

Cómo publicar una imagen

MTR y el Manual de Problemas de Conectividad

"Una pulga no puede picar a una locomotora, pero puede llenar de ronchas al maquinista." (Libertad)

IGN: @MateCaféHarinayPalmitos
I just wanted to thank the OP for this build. It's the first time I had a ton of fun playing!

Play dead! Good doggy!!
Updated ascendancy choice for 2.3 - Sab might be a little more viable now as well but not looking into it myself yet. No significant changes though.

"
Petusillos wrote:

Despite I'm running a low life version of this build, linking an additional Detonate Mines to a CWDT or CWS may save your life.


It is a nice QoL improvement, but it may also kill you if you detonate at the wrong time :)
Thanks for the 2.3 update, let see if the mobs can bend over well
Hi,
i just finished cruel in Prophecy with this build - killing malachai with ease; i got the following suggestions:
- go Saboteur
- use: arctic breath + trap support + multi traps + cluster traps

-> you can have 12 traps max and you throw 6 arctic breath traps at once; thanks to saboteur u gain 8% damage per trap; the 12 traps make about 20% damage increase (gross/multiplicative)!
-> in boss fights: throw the traps between you and the boss; the chilling ground the boss will create trying to get to you is a great defensive measure

Defensive measures in boss fights:
stone golem (taunt)
decoy totem (taunt)
arctic breath traps (keep the boss constantly chilled)
temporal chains
"
voidukkha wrote:
Hi,
i just finished cruel in Prophecy with this build - killing malachai with ease; i got the following suggestions:
- go Saboteur
- use: arctic breath + trap support + multi traps + cluster traps

-> you can have 12 traps max and you throw 6 arctic breath traps at once; thanks to saboteur u gain 8% damage per trap; the 12 traps make about 20% damage increase (gross/multiplicative)!
-> in boss fights: throw the traps between you and the boss; the chilling ground the boss will create trying to get to you is a great defensive measure

Defensive measures in boss fights:
stone golem (taunt)
decoy totem (taunt)
arctic breath traps (keep the boss constantly chilled)
temporal chains


Your arctic breath suggestion is nice, but I think it is far too much investment for a bit of chilled ground. The reason you would consider going sab instead of assassin would be the mine arming speed not extra damage (as assassin beats sab in that department hands down).

With the addition of two additional ascendency points I think that assassin is still a far better option, as the two 4 pointers in assassin are very good defensively, and if you are that interested in getting chilled ground you do not need sab to do what you have suggested :)
"
Adblax wrote:
"
voidukkha wrote:
Hi,
i just finished cruel in Prophecy with this build - killing malachai with ease; i got the following suggestions:
- go Saboteur
- use: arctic breath + trap support + multi traps + cluster traps

-> you can have 12 traps max and you throw 6 arctic breath traps at once; thanks to saboteur u gain 8% damage per trap; the 12 traps make about 20% damage increase (gross/multiplicative)!
-> in boss fights: throw the traps between you and the boss; the chilling ground the boss will create trying to get to you is a great defensive measure

Defensive measures in boss fights:
stone golem (taunt)
decoy totem (taunt)
arctic breath traps (keep the boss constantly chilled)
temporal chains


Your arctic breath suggestion is nice, but I think it is far too much investment for a bit of chilled ground. The reason you would consider going sab instead of assassin would be the mine arming speed not extra damage (as assassin beats sab in that department hands down).

With the addition of two additional ascendency points I think that assassin is still a far better option, as the two 4 pointers in assassin are very good defensively, and if you are that interested in getting chilled ground you do not need sab to do what you have suggested :)


I agree.

I am something like level 81 and just changed from saboteur to assassin. Pretty much instantly made things a ton smoother.

Basically, no reason to try and get more traps for damage when you can simply go assassin and front load the damage. You get some utility with the saboteur but I find it very hard to believe it outweighs simply going max damage.
IGN Shihtzutank
Last edited by standarsh1983 on Jun 6, 2016, 11:44:03 AM
Hi looks like a good build, and i've just started a shadow for this, but it seems i cant place any mines yet, only got a 3L so far, and using ARC + MINEFIELD SUPPORT + TRAP AND MINE DAMAGE SUPPORT.
how do u get this guy to place mines ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info