[HC Assassin] 2.6 Arc Miner build - Fast Clear + Very Low Budget!

Updated for 2.4 with an additional section on single target options. Also updated the guide regarding auras/herald of ice - I now suggest just using an enfeeble or temp chains blasphemy rather than herald of ice, just be careful of those porcupines.
Are you sure about miner and not trapper?
With 2.4 the Bladefall cast by mines drop where the mine was and not at the enemy anymore...
TwitchTV: http://www.twitch.tv/akumanotsubasa
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/AkumaNoTsubasa
Please use http://pobb.in for your guides instead of pastebin!
"
Are you sure about miner and not trapper?
With 2.4 the Bladefall cast by mines drop where the mine was and not at the enemy anymore...

Miner is still far superior as about 95-95% of the time you use arc anyway so that change doesnt matter. Using a bladefall setup is entirely up to you and it still works fine if you are comfortable moving around the boss and your decoy totem. We also get mine specific boosts, and it allows us to use tremor rod on weapon swap too :)
Played over the past weeks a firenova miner and after that a arctic breath- sire of shards miner.
Mines are alot of fun I dont know why I didnt tried it out earlier !

Anyway I have a question about tremor rod and minefield: Is it really good to use minefield support in tremor rod ? Because it reduces the damage and we have with the rod so much mine laying speed ?

Another point: Found long time ago a 6l staff and I can colour it only 5blue 1red.
I have to use empower instead of trap and mine damage. (with +2 lightning from staff)
Is this setup playable with your build or should I avoid this ?

My tremor rod 5link is still in work because I need more jewelers..

What I like alot with these miner builds: Its possible to switch the mainspell anytime.
But arc is very good..with other spells gameplay becomes very risky (I had to place the firenova-mines always under the feet of bosses and packs, noot good)
"
DiamondSnake wrote:
Played over the past weeks a firenova miner and after that a arctic breath- sire of shards miner.
Mines are alot of fun I dont know why I didnt tried it out earlier !

Anyway I have a question about tremor rod and minefield: Is it really good to use minefield support in tremor rod ? Because it reduces the damage and we have with the rod so much mine laying speed ?

Another point: Found long time ago a 6l staff and I can colour it only 5blue 1red.
I have to use empower instead of trap and mine damage. (with +2 lightning from staff)
Is this setup playable with your build or should I avoid this ?

My tremor rod 5link is still in work because I need more jewelers..

What I like alot with these miner builds: Its possible to switch the mainspell anytime.
But arc is very good..with other spells gameplay becomes very risky (I had to place the firenova-mines always under the feet of bosses and packs, noot good)

Miners really are a lot of fun, just need to pay a bit more attention due to not having leech :)

Regarding minefield - it is more a quality of life link than anything else. If you do not use it you will find yourself often placing 2 mines to clear a pack (due to the chain numbers, and the high damage variance of arc) so it will just take longer. In other words, minefield just streamlines the gameplay a lot more. In the end its up to your preference though.

As for your 6l staff, yeah you can use it with the build. Losing the extra minelaying speed will make things a little slower, and any stragglers might be a little more annoying to clear up but you can get the basic feel of the build :)
Gonna give this build a try this league!
any recommended changes for SC? im thinking of getting saboteur

lastly, if i went with your tree. what mid-high end gear would i be looking for to scale this build the best?

ps: what do you guys mean when you refer to "porcupine"?
Last edited by alkoxide on Sep 2, 2016, 10:13:37 PM
"
alkoxide wrote:

lastly, if i went with your tree. what mid-high end gear would i be looking for to scale this build the best?

You lose a pretty big amount of damage going for saboteur. It would still work but I haven't found any significant advantages from it yet. One possibility for changing the build to SC could be using Wrath instead of a blasphemy curse for a hefty boost to damage. However the build is already relatively low on defences.

For the build and tree I described, your high end gear would be mostly top-tier rares. Your helmet should have the +3 arc chains enchant on it (high priority), and all of your armor should have high life, mana and ES, with resists and stats to meet any requirement (past that just get more strength for extra life). Quite a lot could be spent on a high damage and life amulet (look for crit multi, spell damage, lightning damage, mana regen, mana, etc). Additionally you can use facebreakers for another large boost in damage. Getting a +1 power charge 6l tremor rod would also be great but realistically is unlikely to happen (although this would be a huge boost to damage).

On the other hand you can kit yourself out with as much magic find gear as you can fit (you could also drop the blasphemy for a purity of elements if extra resists are needed too).

Porcupines are the mob type that shoot out spikes on death (and can easily kill you in high tier maps with damage mods if you do not pay attention). (http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Porcupine_Goliath)
Last edited by Adblax on Sep 2, 2016, 10:35:20 PM
"
Adblax wrote:
"
alkoxide wrote:

You lose a pretty big amount of damage going for saboteur. It would still work but I haven't found any significant advantages from it yet. One possibility for changing the build to SC could be using Wrath instead of a blasphemy curse for a hefty boost to damage. However the build is already relatively low on defences.

For the build and tree I described, your high end gear would be mostly top-tier rares. Your helmet should have the +3 arc chains enchant on it (high priority), and all of your armor should have high life, mana and ES, with resists and stats to meet any requirement (past that just get more strength for extra life). Quite a lot could be spent on a high damage and life amulet (look for crit multi, spell damage, lightning damage, mana regen, mana, etc). Additionally you can use facebreakers for another large boost in damage. Getting a +1 power charge 6l tremor rod would also be great but realistically is unlikely to happen (although this would be a huge boost to damage).

On the other hand you can kit yourself out with as much magic find gear as you can fit (you could also drop the blasphemy for a purity of elements if extra resists are needed too).

Porcupines are the mob type that shoot out spikes on death (and can easily kill you in high tier maps with damage mods if you do not pay attention). (http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Porcupine_Goliath)

good to know! ill probably toy around with golems and the totem and see if i can get by with flame golem, and somehow add in a second curse.

btw, in the gear you listed, whyd you swap out HoI? im guessing aura options are: blasphemy curse/clarity/Herald. and that only two of them can be chosen. or do you run all three?
Last edited by alkoxide on Sep 3, 2016, 12:26:38 AM
You could certainly get away with using a flame golem instead of a stone one, although I would be hesitant to use a different totem. Decoy totem is massively useful against those bigger bosses :)

In terms of auras, you are right that we can only use 2 of them, however Clarity is mandatory given how much mana is used from mines & taking damage. So you could choose one of the following alongside clarity; blasphemy (defensive), blasphemy (offensive), herald of ice, wrath, discipline, purity of elements. The reason I changed from herald of ice to a defensive blasphemy was just that I felt safer with the blasphemy :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info