[3.5] Say_Ten's Melee Shadow - Murder Everything Cheaply

"
Say_Ten wrote:
"
fembot wrote:
Seriously one of the most fun to play builds out there right now. Thanks for this! Just hit 77 and I've been having a blast the entire time. Early 60s were kind of a grind, but once I hit 68 and threw on Touch of Anguish x2, the entire game just kind of melted. I'll eventually craft/buy Gemini claws for myself, but so far ToA is proving to be insanely fun.

Also, I wanted to ask you -- what's your opinion about the new Might and Influence Viridian Jewel? I was thinking about trying one out (not like you need more dps... oh who the hell am I kidding, sure you do!), but figured I'd ask you.

Cheers! :)

glad you are enjoying. i think i will be adding that to the core build because it's cheap and it seems to work well. i will have to compare to 20/20 splash because i don't think the AOE or splash damage will be as much, but obviously it means you can use another damage jewel, such as increased critical strike. so far i am liking it. i lucked out in finding one (max roll too) in SSF,

Tried just now. In my opinion clearspeed become terrible compared to dmg you get instead of melee splash. Maybe keep both jewel and melee splash? Could be worth unless you got some uber jewels.
I love this build. But I think your thread got messed up. /spoilers or something broke.
I think you messed up your /spoiler tags
I have a question about your defensive buffs setup.
You have Immortal Call linked to inc duration, cast when damage taken and 1 more curse from which we can choose. Doesn't that negate the need for assassin's mark? Like your defensive setup triggers from taking taking 528 damage (all the time) which means you have a permanent curse on your enemies depending what you chose for that slot (enfeeble, temp chains or warlords).
So why have assassins mark on LS when you can only apply 1 curse at an enemy? Is it only for when you are kitting with LS or hitting from range? I am using assassins mark on bosses to boost my dmg. Maybe i shouldnt do it and play with the defensive curse on them instead and keep assassins mark for long range only?

Also on a side note. Why pick temp chains over enfeeble? Is the reduced effect of curse against you better than straight up reduced damage taken?
-
Last edited by humble_genius on Jan 26, 2019, 3:53:04 PM
This build makes no sense at all. You can't do maps above t12 and die easily unlike you have very expensive gear. Also to mention is that this build is a complete garbage compared to 80% of buils out there.

No guardians viable, no reflect immun, maps above t12 is very risky, no shaper, no uber atziri etc. what is the point of this shit even?
Last edited by binhood on Mar 14, 2017, 3:07:50 PM
"
ubah86 wrote:
I love this build. But I think your thread got messed up. /spoilers or something broke.

i noticed that too and i'm a ruhtard and don't know why.
"
kwstas778 wrote:
I have a question about your defensive buffs setup.
You have Immortal Call linked to inc duration, cast when damage taken and 1 more curse from which we can choose. Doesn't that negate the need for assassin's mark? Like your defensive setup triggers from taking taking 528 damage (all the time) which means you have a permanent curse on your enemies depending what you chose for that slot (enfeeble, temp chains or warlords).
So why have assassins mark on LS when you can only apply 1 curse at an enemy? Is it only for when you are kitting with LS or hitting from range? I am using assassins mark on bosses to boost my dmg. Maybe i shouldnt do it and play with the defensive curse on them instead and keep assassins mark for long range only?

Also on a side note. Why pick temp chains over enfeeble? Is the reduced effect of curse against you better than straight up reduced damage taken?

you are correct in your assumption. LS for kiting at range...but if you are facerolling having a curse on the enemies that's defense can be more helpful. this season i am playing SSF and using warlord's mark. keeps endurance charges up decently.

i've used both and i'm mostly indifferent on them. last season was using temp chains. build is so fast that it almost doesn't matter a lot of times. if you are low on life (less than 4000), use enfeeble.
"
humble_genius wrote:
First-time poe (but not first-time arpg) player here, started with your build, absolutely fell in love with it. Reached level 81, and it was really smooth sailing (and fun gameplay!) with this build so far. Merc Lab? Who tf is Izaro? (:D)

Heres the gear im rocking right now:

What things can I improve here, except for using a second unset ring for vaal haste maybe?

"
NooBikos wrote:

Tried just now. In my opinion clearspeed become terrible compared to dmg you get instead of melee splash. Maybe keep both jewel and melee splash? Could be worth unless you got some uber jewels.

Agreed, clearing becomes much slower without the melee splash gem. I indeed started running both, since the jewel certainly isnt bad, or at least better then what I own currently.

you're always going to be able to incrementally improve your gear as you play and farm more...

for starters, use elreon to craft flat physical damage on your amulet.

you could find new gloves with more life and offensive stats.

boots could use higher movement speed but are fine really, especially since you use WB to move around

nice enchant on the helm btw
If i get my hands on a good 6link armour, isn't it better to replace BoR with something else?

Edit: Also on the final level tree, do you think we can respec a couple of points of life leech into Vaal Pact or not worth it?
Last edited by kwstas778 on Mar 14, 2017, 11:52:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info