[3.5] Say_Ten's Melee Shadow - Murder Everything Cheaply

"
kwstas778 wrote:
If i get my hands on a good 6link armour, isn't it better to replace BoR with something else?

Edit: Also on the final level tree, do you think we can respec a couple of points of life leech into Vaal Pact or not worth it?

both of these topics have come up before a lot of times.

a 6L allows you to get more life if you have really good gear (not including a legacy BoR) and also allows you to cap your resists more easily. however, you lose the Blind support, which is actually pretty nice as melee.

your damage will suffer as you will lose 20-30 flat physical damage (that's a lot) but you could also make up for some of that by adding something like ancestral protector/warchief if you want to manage more shit.

as far as vaal pact, you would lose the ability to get frenzy charges (or you'd have to deal with the quickly draining health issue by constantly finding stuff to hit), so you would lose damage there as well as survivability in terms of less attack speed if you are mostly life-on-hit. but if you scale leech, the defensive capability will be a lot better.

ultimate solution is to buy atziri's acuity =D
"

Based on that, can you make a section in your guide for possible end game uniques that are better than high base / good mods in rare gear?
I have been following you gear section and try to min max my current gear to squeeze out more stats, but aren't there any other end game gearing goals to look out for? Are good rolled rares BiS or there are uniques that can offer more?
"
kwstas778 wrote:
"

Based on that, can you make a section in your guide for possible end game uniques that are better than high base / good mods in rare gear?
I have been following you gear section and try to min max my current gear to squeeze out more stats, but aren't there any other end game gearing goals to look out for? Are good rolled rares BiS or there are uniques that can offer more?

I could do that, I suppose.

Acuity is one of those expensive uniques that would be great. Taste of Hate, while not that expensive, is still expensive and I was loving it (the legacy ones while I had them).

Only other unique property I would say could be nice is "cannot be stunned" but even with Blessing of Chayula, you are still not fully optimized.

If you could get an additional curse on your amulet that would be exceptional.

...but basically like you suggested, rares will crush most of the slots in this build. The only two I would recommend (as far as non-flask gear) would be the BoR and Atziri's Acuity.
Well, thanks, keep up the good work!
fixed whatever the fuck was going on with the spoiler tags and also added an FAQ section
Hey man,

How do you run Hatred, Herald of Ash and Herald of Ice together? As these all 3 together will take 100 % of your mana ?
"

Hey man,

How do you run Hatred, Herald of Ash and Herald of Ice together? As these all 3 together will take 100 % of your mana ?

Herald of ice is on the chest which is ignored by BoR. He only has chest gems to level them. He cant used them.
Well i wasnt planning to buy ToH anytime soon but since i dropped it today i was wondering if its worth it to keep it or sell and buy better gear.
I am lvl 85 4.5k hp and 10k dps buffed. Think i should sell and upgrade my gear?
Last edited by kwstas778 on Mar 16, 2017, 3:11:23 PM
"
kwstas778 wrote:
Well i wasnt planning to buy ToH anytime soon but since i dropped it today i was wondering if its worth it to keep it or sell and buy better gear.
I am lvl 85 4.5k hp and 10k dps buffed. Think i should sell and upgrade my gear?

i'd keep it
I couldn't help but ask, but how about a pair of wings of entropy instead of claws? I am lazy to look through all the 30 pages worth of comments so i apologize if you have talked about this before.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info