[3.5] Say_Ten's Melee Shadow - Murder Everything Cheaply

"
NooBikos wrote:

Decided to respec marauder part to scion life cluser. my life res now isnt enough to sustain whole blood rage but its not that bad (0,4% is missing). Gonna take rest of the scion life nodes. And will see. Right now farming for some better claws but thats gonna be very hard task.
My tree:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBAAAGAdwDhwSxBS0FtQxzDPINjRCSES8R1RX2Fr8XsButIWAjNiPTI_Yk_SaVKgsshTB8MjI1kjXvNj067T7PQzFHfkp9SotM_02STeNOKlFHUdlTEFVLV5daGluvXfJgQWHiYnlirGNwZU1noGyMbydwUnTtdf1343gNeu97FH11gUGEb4TZh3aJ04w2jX2Nv49glWaaap2qotmjiqXLqW6wkrDYsbO0xbVItfK9Nr3mvqfAGsGLwuzDM9N-1ELYvdrB4tXjn-dU62PtQe4O_MX-j_66_5P_3g==?accountName=NooBikos&characterName=Foxxytale
Using fortify on whirling blades. Trying to play safe but still once every 2-3 maps atleast get IK out of nowhere. I guess thats curse of Melee builds.

Yeah, the 0.4% is nothing. You can also learn to quickly hit "I" then right click and left click on the gem to stop that shitty drain if you're in a bad map or lab or whenever you need to.

Get rid of the two life nodes under thick skin that only give 4% and take 5% ones.

Also, be aware there are nodes close to the ranger start point that give 4% life and evasion, so it's almost always useless to take the 4% nodes. I do mean "almost".

ToA claws will work for quite some time but eventually you will want better ones, correct. Those should be even more survivable though since they doubled the LGoH number.

Do you have any jewels equipped? can't see on here. if you don't...you might want to find jewels with life and two to three damage mods. they are better than the two points for a frenzy charge usually. you could also spec into claws eventually. the soul raker node at a minimum is pretty good with the leech.
"
Say_Ten wrote:
"
NooBikos wrote:

Decided to respec marauder part to scion life cluser. my life res now isnt enough to sustain whole blood rage but its not that bad (0,4% is missing). Gonna take rest of the scion life nodes. And will see. Right now farming for some better claws but thats gonna be very hard task.
My tree:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBAAAGAdwDhwSxBS0FtQxzDPINjRCSES8R1RX2Fr8XsButIWAjNiPTI_Yk_SaVKgsshTB8MjI1kjXvNj067T7PQzFHfkp9SotM_02STeNOKlFHUdlTEFVLV5daGluvXfJgQWHiYnlirGNwZU1noGyMbydwUnTtdf1343gNeu97FH11gUGEb4TZh3aJ04w2jX2Nv49glWaaap2qotmjiqXLqW6wkrDYsbO0xbVItfK9Nr3mvqfAGsGLwuzDM9N-1ELYvdrB4tXjn-dU62PtQe4O_MX-j_66_5P_3g==?accountName=NooBikos&characterName=Foxxytale
Using fortify on whirling blades. Trying to play safe but still once every 2-3 maps atleast get IK out of nowhere. I guess thats curse of Melee builds.

Yeah, the 0.4% is nothing. You can also learn to quickly hit "I" then right click and left click on the gem to stop that shitty drain if you're in a bad map or lab or whenever you need to.

Get rid of the two life nodes under thick skin that only give 4% and take 5% ones.

Also, be aware there are nodes close to the ranger start point that give 4% life and evasion, so it's almost always useless to take the 4% nodes. I do mean "almost".

ToA claws will work for quite some time but eventually you will want better ones, correct. Those should be even more survivable though since they doubled the LGoH number.

Do you have any jewels equipped? can't see on here. if you don't...you might want to find jewels with life and two to three damage mods. they are better than the two points for a frenzy charge usually. you could also spec into claws eventually. the soul raker node at a minimum is pretty good with the leech.

Reached 5300hp. Using only one jewel atm. Going to fix that. aiming for 7% life roll and not sure in what order the rest crit multi>atk speed>crit chance? Same question on claws 1. going for 300+ pdps atleast, but now is my priority to have 1,9as+? Or 1,5-1,7 with high crit.
Right now got this:
Its not best but it was far too cheap to not to take it.

Also deciding to trade bandits frenzy charge for power charge. Feel like with this uber asc its more powerful giving flat 0,5% crit.
"
NooBikos wrote:
"
Say_Ten wrote:
"
NooBikos wrote:

My tree:

Reached 5300hp. Using only one jewel atm. Going to fix that. aiming for 7% life roll and not sure in what order the rest crit multi>atk speed>crit chance? Same question on claws 1. going for 300+ pdps atleast, but now is my priority to have 1,9as+? Or 1,5-1,7 with high crit.
Right now got this:
Its not best but it was far too cheap to not to take it.

Also deciding to trade bandits frenzy charge for power charge. Feel like with this uber asc its more powerful giving flat 0,5% crit.

Excellent.

For jewels, life, crit multi and damage would be ideal since, as you mention, the attack speed is already insane. high crit and a decent attack speed on claws (7%+, 1.75aps+) is ideal but sometimes you have to make due. that gemini claw is perfect.

yeah, i have been taking the power charge more of the time recently. currently lvl 85 in SSF with 6 frenzy, 4 power charges.
would lacerate work instead of dual strike?
"
pandlings wrote:

Not with Claws:

"In the case of having an off-hand weapon other than a sword or axe, the main-hand weapon will be used for both slashes; making the off-hand effectively a 'stat-stick'."

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Lacerate
"
pandlings wrote:

you would have to spec into axes or swords...but you could get rid of the melee splash gem too. it will work.
do you guys use vaal pact?
"
pandlings wrote:
do you guys use vaal pact?

i don't but that doesn't mean you can't. you would have to ditch blood rage and potentially not go out of your way for the regen nodes (but they are life/regen combo nodes). or you could deal with blood rage anyway. without blood rage, no attack speed buff and no frenzy charges unless you get them some other way (curse, unique items)
Seriously one of the most fun to play builds out there right now. Thanks for this! Just hit 77 and I've been having a blast the entire time. Early 60s were kind of a grind, but once I hit 68 and threw on Touch of Anguish x2, the entire game just kind of melted. I'll eventually craft/buy Gemini claws for myself, but so far ToA is proving to be insanely fun.

Also, I wanted to ask you -- what's your opinion about the new Might and Influence Viridian Jewel? I was thinking about trying one out (not like you need more dps... oh who the hell am I kidding, sure you do!), but figured I'd ask you.

Cheers! :)
"
fembot wrote:
Seriously one of the most fun to play builds out there right now. Thanks for this! Just hit 77 and I've been having a blast the entire time. Early 60s were kind of a grind, but once I hit 68 and threw on Touch of Anguish x2, the entire game just kind of melted. I'll eventually craft/buy Gemini claws for myself, but so far ToA is proving to be insanely fun.

Also, I wanted to ask you -- what's your opinion about the new Might and Influence Viridian Jewel? I was thinking about trying one out (not like you need more dps... oh who the hell am I kidding, sure you do!), but figured I'd ask you.

Cheers! :)

glad you are enjoying. i think i will be adding that to the core build because it's cheap and it seems to work well. i will have to compare to 20/20 splash because i don't think the AOE or splash damage will be as much, but obviously it means you can use another damage jewel, such as increased critical strike. so far i am liking it. i lucked out in finding one (max roll too) in SSF,

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info