[3.5] Say_Ten's Melee Shadow - Murder Everything Cheaply

Why chest with Herald of Ice ? it is not beter to use somthing beter in 5/6l ?
"
woods33 wrote:
i tried vaal pact and i love it..i dropped the frezny shards ..at this point i am around 90k dps on dual strike so trash die quick anyway..vaal pact allow me to stand infront of any boss who dont 1 shot me and just burn them down

are you using LGoH claws or leech claws?
"
Vendet27 wrote:
Why chest with Herald of Ice ? it is not beter to use somthing beter in 5/6l ?

When you use the Bringer of Rain, the chest armor can be worn (you have to put it on before you put the BoR on) but you don't get any benefits of the armor (armor, life, resists, whatever stats are on there).

The main reason to wear any chest in this case is to have sockets to level gems and keep certain ones close by in the event you want to swap them with other ones you are using or try different things. A secondary benefit is in aesthetics, if you like the way a certain one looks.

If you don't put armor on, your character will be bareback and you won't be able to level up to 6 more gems in those slots.
Hey, me again. Got sort of problem. im lvl81 atm with only 4200hp. Took all the avaiable hp nodes.
my gear.
Rings need upgrade but even with them theres no way i can ever reach 5k+ hp. Considering to get Scoins hp nodes. Otherwise screw this build. :( Its too squishy. I survive most of the playthru via lifesteal and life per hit on claws but still getting one hitted is too much pain to bear.
"
Say_Ten wrote:
"
woods33 wrote:
i tried vaal pact and i love it..i dropped the frezny shards ..at this point i am around 90k dps on dual strike so trash die quick anyway..vaal pact allow me to stand infront of any boss who dont 1 shot me and just burn them down

are you using LGoH claws or leech claws?

lgoh claw
"
NooBikos wrote:
Hey, me again. Got sort of problem. im lvl81 atm with only 4200hp. Took all the avaiable hp nodes.
my gear.
Rings need upgrade but even with them theres no way i can ever reach 5k+ hp. Considering to get Scoins hp nodes. Otherwise screw this build. :( Its too squishy. I survive most of the playthru via lifesteal and life per hit on claws but still getting one hitted is too much pain to bear.

what are your weapons? are you fortifying? are you purposely trying to get hit? you really need to get up to 5k health. can you trade some dps for life for now? can't see your skill tree so i can't comment on that yet. you're also level 81 in 4 days...spend another 4 and get to 90, take more life nodes, let me know if you're still too squishy. once you start getting higher in lifepool, you won't get stunned as much and you will also not be getting one-shot by most things, so the experience will be different.
Ya fortify is critical. Also, use enfeeble as well.

Say_ten, could you check my profile and make any suggestions on gear or links?

By the way...ancestral protector has been fun to use with this build! :D
"
Deathalus wrote:

swap in crit damage for added fire

i like the idea of protector being cast when damage taken. you should consider warchief since it does AOE damage and will give you more damage than protector. but either is fine. i may try this since i am a little unoptimized in SSF currently.

how do you feel your survivability is with two leech claws instead of LGoH claws?

also swap blood rage for immortal call so that you can ditch the 2nd CwDT gem. you should manually cast blood rage for this efficiency. then you can put hatred, ice golem, and blood rage in your one claw. i would recommend herald of ash, which i don't see you using, for the damage and AOE.

also you are not using curse on hit with assassin's mark, which you don't have to if you feel you are keeping power charges up, but the life and mana on kill will also prove to be very defensive from that, so keep it in mind.
"
Say_Ten wrote:
"
NooBikos wrote:

what are your weapons? are you fortifying? are you purposely trying to get hit? you really need to get up to 5k health. can you trade some dps for life for now? can't see your skill tree so i can't comment on that yet. you're also level 81 in 4 days...spend another 4 and get to 90, take more life nodes, let me know if you're still too squishy. once you start getting higher in lifepool, you won't get stunned as much and you will also not be getting one-shot by most things, so the experience will be different.

Right now using these two:
Also bought new rings
So hp now is 4800.

Decided to respec marauder part to scion life cluser. my life res now isnt enough to sustain whole blood rage but its not that bad (0,4% is missing). Gonna take rest of the scion life nodes. And will see. Right now farming for some better claws but thats gonna be very hard task.
My tree:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBAAAGAdwDhwSxBS0FtQxzDPINjRCSES8R1RX2Fr8XsButIWAjNiPTI_Yk_SaVKgsshTB8MjI1kjXvNj067T7PQzFHfkp9SotM_02STeNOKlFHUdlTEFVLV5daGluvXfJgQWHiYnlirGNwZU1noGyMbydwUnTtdf1343gNeu97FH11gUGEb4TZh3aJ04w2jX2Nv49glWaaap2qotmjiqXLqW6wkrDYsbO0xbVItfK9Nr3mvqfAGsGLwuzDM9N-1ELYvdrB4tXjn-dU62PtQe4O_MX-j_66_5P_3g==?accountName=NooBikos&characterName=Foxxytale
Using fortify on whirling blades. Trying to play safe but still once every 2-3 maps atleast get IK out of nowhere. I guess thats curse of Melee builds.
Last edited by NooBikos on Mar 9, 2017, 8:21:06 AM
"
Say_Ten wrote:
"
Deathalus wrote:

swap in crit damage for added fire

i like the idea of protector being cast when damage taken. you should consider warchief since it does AOE damage and will give you more damage than protector. but either is fine. i may try this since i am a little unoptimized in SSF currently.

how do you feel your survivability is with two leech claws instead of LGoH claws?

also swap blood rage for immortal call so that you can ditch the 2nd CwDT gem. you should manually cast blood rage for this efficiency. then you can put hatred, ice golem, and blood rage in your one claw. i would recommend herald of ash, which i don't see you using, for the damage and AOE.

also you are not using curse on hit with assassin's mark, which you don't have to if you feel you are keeping power charges up, but the life and mana on kill will also prove to be very defensive from that, so keep it in mind.

Ya, I still need to put that blue socket in there for crit damage.

I would say that protector is perhaps uniformly better than warchief for our build. The added attack speed is amazing for both killing speed and leech potential. And, it turns out that the damage scaling on AP is better than AW, as well as its range. So it may scale better with this build without the use of any passive skill gems. Check it out:

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Ancestral_Warchief

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Ancestral_Protector

Haha ya my gem setup is all messed up. Actually I'm self-casting Blood Rage and Ancestral Protector. The CWDT gem is too low for those to proc, but it is working with enfeeble.

As for the rest of the gem setup...it will be hard because I'm waiting to get some unset rings to fit other gems in, so until I do that, this setup works. I'm not sure how viable Ancestral Protector will be in harder maps so I may ditch it.

Also, I've had no issues keeping up power charges, but I still think the lightning strike, multistrike setup is solid, but i've yet to try it out.

Edit: The leech for those claws is fine so far but I've yet to compare then with LGoH. I'll get a pair of Touch of Anguish soon so I'll have to compare when I do.
Last edited by Deathalus on Mar 9, 2017, 9:17:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info