[3.5] Say_Ten's Melee Shadow - Murder Everything Cheaply

I'm having trouble with red elder and T16 maps/bosses. I feel like my DPS is a bit low, but my belly isn't 6L yet so that's where some of it is lost. Can you check out my char and see if there's anything I could be doing differently?

Also, in the red elder fight, how can you live through the DoT when he stuns you? I'm around 5800 hp and he basically kills me before the Shaper hits him over the head to stop it.

And most importantly, incursions seem to be giving me the most trouble. I can clear T16 maps (aside from bosses) consistently, but I can barely do a T11 incursion. Any tips for those?
"
Retn wrote:
I'm having trouble with red elder and T16 maps/bosses. I feel like my DPS is a bit low

Ruthless gives more DPS than Faster Attacks in Dual Strike. FA is fine too tbh.

Use Ancestral Warchief. You can link it with Whirling Blades (Faster Attacks ; Fortify), but you only need it for the buff. The punishment curse is fine too. This two things will greatly increase your DPS.

Use Diamond flask instead the movespeed one. Diamond flask gives the biggest DPS increase of all flask. Lion's roar instead of Rumi's concoction if you want ALOT of damage, but losing block hurts.

I'll suggest you use Bloodseeker instead of the Wasp Nest.

And I wouldn't go for the claw nodes at the top and rather take some HP.
Last edited by crown_is_heavy on Jun 30, 2018, 10:22:57 AM
"
"
Retn wrote:
I'm having trouble with red elder and T16 maps/bosses. I feel like my DPS is a bit low

Ruthless gives more DPS than Faster Attacks in Dual Strike. FA is fine too tbh.

Use Ancestral Warchief. You can link it with Whirling Blades (Faster Attacks ; Fortify), but you only need it for the buff. The punishment curse is fine too. This two things will greatly increase your DPS.

Use Diamond flask instead the movespeed one. Diamond flask gives the biggest DPS increase of all flask. Lion's roar instead of Rumi's concoction if you want ALOT of damage, but losing block hurts.

I'll suggest you use Bloodseeker instead of the Wasp Nest.

And I wouldn't go for the claw nodes at the top and rather take some HP.

I'll try the ancestral setup, that probably will help a ton. I was going to go for a basalt flask instead of movement speed, but after the other changes I'll see if I need it or if I should go for the diamond instead.

And I was saving for another 340 pdps claw, but I may look into the Bloodseeker to help stay alive more, especially after trying out the totem.

Thanks for some suggestions I can try!
I have never laughed so much while reading a guide before.

10/10 would read again
"
LeagueOfUdyr wrote:
I have never laughed so much while reading a guide before.

10/10 would read again

love button.
I've got two quick questions. Currently i can't quite oneshot trash mobs with lightning strike in tier 5+ maps, what's the best way to increase the damage of it? simply level and put more points in claw nodes (missing some hp nodes so..). And for a question that's probably been asked a lot of times, in temp leagues like the current one, would you still go for BoR even though you can't get the legacy one and top tier items aren't as available/"easy" to get as in standard?

If you wanna have a look, you can find my char here: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Reazion/characters

Figured i'd ask before spending the next couple of points i can easily get from leveling.
"
Reazion wrote:
I've got two quick questions. Currently i can't quite oneshot trash mobs with lightning strike in tier 5+ maps, what's the best way to increase the damage of it? simply level and put more points in claw nodes (missing some hp nodes so..). And for a question that's probably been asked a lot of times, in temp leagues like the current one, would you still go for BoR even though you can't get the legacy one and top tier items aren't as available/"easy" to get as in standard?

If you wanna have a look, you can find my char here: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Reazion/characters

Figured i'd ask before spending the next couple of points i can easily get from leveling.

Get the lightning strike piece enchant on helmet. Remove the claw nodes at the top and get Soul Rakan and Claws of the Magpie. Atziri's promise is better than sulphur flask, sin's rebirth is the best option if you can purchase it imo. If you want pure damage on lightning strike remove curse on hit, use elemental damage - ancestrall call - multistrike. You can also try to find Elder's claws with multistrike + ancestrall call / increased crtical damage for pseudo 5link lightning strike.

BoR allows you to upgrade your any other gear while you have decent ability to survive and deal damage. When your 5/6 link is ready you can take it off.
Last edited by crown_is_heavy on Jul 12, 2018, 12:42:33 AM
"
"
Reazion wrote:

Get the lightning strike piece enchant on helmet. Remove the claw nodes at the top and get Soul Rakan and Claws of the Magpie. Atziri's promise is better than sulphur flask, sin's rebirth is the best option if you can purchase it imo. If you want pure damage on lightning strike remove curse on hit, use elemental damage - ancestrall call - multistrike. You can also try to find Elder's claws with multistrike + ancestrall call / increased crtical damage for pseudo 5link lightning strike.

BoR allows you to upgrade your any other gear while you have decent ability to survive and deal damage. When your 5/6 link is ready you can take it off.

Alright, i respecced out of the claw nodes at the top for now and will get claws of the magpie in 3 levels. Currency isn't too much of an issue atm so i'll probably get Sin's rebirth, do use that instead of atziri's? or should i swap something else out for it, like lion's roar?

I'll get the lightning strike pierce enchant and see how much that helps, if i still feel it lacking i might change to dual strike enchant and look for an elder claw i guess.
"
Reazion wrote:
"
"
Reazion wrote:

Alright, i respecced out of the claw nodes at the top for now and will get claws of the magpie in 3 levels. Currency isn't too much of an issue atm so i'll probably get Sin's rebirth, do use that instead of atziri's? or should i swap something else out for it, like lion's roar?

I'll get the lightning strike pierce enchant and see how much that helps, if i still feel it lacking i might change to dual strike enchant and look for an elder claw i guess.

Pierce on LS fucking destroys in open map clearing. I recommend that enchant (+3 targets ideally). If you wanted to spend a lot of time micromanaging shit, you could keep a 40% DS enchant helm too and swap for bosses or whenever you feel like it. Same for frost blades if you want to use that. IMO, just having the LS pierce and running that all the time with an elder claw that enables ancestral call is king.

as far as the flask, up to you. expensive but i've never needed one. atziri's is so cheap and good that i wouldn't ditch it.
your pastebin link isn't working anymore! please update
i don't think about risk much.,if you gotta run.,you've gotta run..^_^

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info