Some Ascendancy Statistics

"
griffinzero wrote:
I don´t think there need to be so much balancing for the subclasses, but more something better to deal with physical damage. As ES or evade/dodger-Char you got no really cheap way to mitigate the phys damage. It is not like it is to high or so, but just some things to tank if you aren´t an armor/fortify-char.

And also the 4 lowest subclasses are not really weak.
I think guardian is so slow, because auramancers are an old way of playing. But for a low life tanker you need shavrones wrappings another expensive unique. So we could need more items like those two low-life armor, maybe a third for cruel difficulty.
Pathfinder is maybe the strongest subclass, but you need to know how to use flask effectivly, so only a pro-gamer class. And I wouldn´t consider myself as one.
Slayer is not worse then champion or gladiator, but when you got those two as options why take slayer?
Elementalist is fucking strong like the other witch subclasses, but you need to think a bit to get through the mechanics of making a strong char (60% fire penetration-mage hell yeah).

When it comes to the labyrinth, it would be nice if I do not have to be a overleveled char to clear it. So mainly Izaro and Argus are so much stronger then the mobs you put into it. Argus is not nessecary, so ok, but Izaro should be killable.

It isn't that Pathfinder is a "pro player" class. It's that her power is completely gated behind sustaining utility flasks and her key node--the surgeon's node, got wrecked. Furthermore, almost any build that can work with a pathfinder can work more consistently with another class--such as the champion.

When the pathfinder was first released, it was also thought that the class would be somewhat mediocre until you got unique flasks--then ToH and especially Vinktar got completely hosed. Blade vortex hits half as often, so that's another nerf to abusing surgeon's on those flasks.

Basically, there's just no real reason to take pathfinder anymore.
"
WakeZero wrote:
Hmm, I'm liking my Slayer Earthquake build. Wonder why everyone else is going Champion instead. The Fortify gem gives +dmg on top of the Fortify so I felt it was a fair trade.

I've been playing Berserker because I wanted more damage for 2H (Slayer would have been an option as well.) Now at some point I'm just sick of dying so I end up running my 5L AoE Earthquake with fortify, which still does enough damage.

If I would have chosen champion, I could replace that fortify gem with a nice damage support (e.g. Melee Physical Damage) which would overall result in more damage and more survivability than what I'm doing now as Berserker.

I guess it would be very similar as Slayer: Unless you absolutely need that extra AoE, Champion might be the better choice.
So why are people farming Solaris? That seems like one of the last places I'd want to farm. If for no other reason than it's the second worst frame rate in the game (sometimes less than 1 FPS).

As far as the Lab, I like doing lab runs. I can't really give a reason, I just like it. I don't like the traps though. I just don't like timed stuff, and usually completely avoid games like that. I get by because I can tank the traps pretty well if I stay reasonable about it. I just run through them for the most part.

I can see the lab getting old after a while though. I'm not one for farming or repetition. I'd rather just start new character. I assume there will be a race season coming up, so lengthy lab runs will probably come to a halt.

I agree with others, there needs to be some kind of WP or way to save your progress. For casual play, the lab is way too much investment in time to do in one run.
"
Perq wrote:
Guardian is low-life build wet dream.

I don't know, for solo players not so much. After some consideration, my first specced LL character is Occultist. It was quite easy choice, as she was VB 2 curse anyway. 9 PCs and additional chaos damage is veery nice.
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
thx GGG for the stats could you pls post the "same" data in one month from now on and with the old and new stats? therefore we could see the shift in those numbers! that would be freaking awesome... something i guess is pretty odd that 40% of time spend is in normal - otherwise the first char always takes longer than the others...

another point intresting thing would be the most common:
attack skills
spells
support gems
aura gems
Path of champions. Interesting.

Are you working on making Izaro fight possible for people with not high-end computers? It's not easy to fight with random 5 second screen freezes.
"What's do you what?" - Kira of the Maraketh
"
Qarl wrote:
"
Chameleon wrote:
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
Surprised lab time is that low, hopefully it goes up.

I'm surprised it is that high. I think most people just want to get their Ascension and then never set foot in the Lab again.

The Labyrinth content has been quite divisive. There are a lot of players that have loved the labyrinth and sent us very positive feedback. There are players who are very heavily engaged with it (and I suspect that will go up when ladders get added).

We also have players who have disliked it. I'm not sure of the exact breakdown, but it certainly is enough in each camp that it feels too close to call in either direction. I haven't seen many neutral opinions about it.

Labyrinth is funny as hell. It's a beautiful fun place to spend 20 minutes of happiness. I enjoy it sooo much. But... end-game content? Nope. After 20 minutes killing and running you only get less than 2% exp, tier 1 map drops, low ilvl items, restricted currency drop and an useless enchant (oh, thx for that earthquake on my archer helmet, or elemental weakness duration -duration????, really?- or any other weird mod).

I DO LOVE labyrinth, but it's just for fun, not a serious end-game content.

Only 1 time got a good farming there, after getting a storm that made all drops corrupted. Farmed about 60 alts and 15 alchs in just a few minutes.
"
Nephalim wrote:
What does it say about diversity when a bow class feels the need to blow an entire asc class for perma fortify.

Unfortunately all is said...
"
Arrogant wrote:
Perma fortify is THAT good in HC I guess.

it's just about what you like more - perma end charges or perma fortify
No rest for the wicked
Is pathfinder really that bad??

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info