[2.2] DaEagle's budget Mjölnerphant (Hierophant mjölner with discharge and triple-curse blasphemy)

Me neither, even thoufh ive been playing for years now XD ive never really got into before this build :) that said, could you share your equip? Im interested
I just realized i've actually seen your equip on your char's page. Could you explain your choices and why you picked those?
Apparently the lightning golem casts orb os storms, and buffs all your attacks and spells by a flat amount, it deals A LOT of damage.
What would you remove to put in the golem though?
I've taken away the molten shell, as I plan to use a lioneye's remorse to supplement for the low armor.
Hey.

Just started a Templar today for this build and it's going smoothly, I'm holding off my first ascension because I wanted to ask which order do you take the Ascendancy points first?

I'm using warlord's mark currently and find my endurance charge gen is fine as it is, and i'm not generating power charges (and won't be until I equip Romira's) so Conviction of Power is redundant.

My thinking is Pursuit of Faith > Illuminated Devotion > Conviction of Power.

Confirm?

Also, just curious, as I'm trying to optimise my tree and play a little different from you, what's the logic behind having so much health regen when we have pots and a lot of life leech?

I'm thinking of picking up more utility/spell damage/curse effectiveness/attack speed than your build, unless you can convince me otherwise :P
Last edited by fluxofwar on Apr 16, 2016, 9:21:56 AM
Hi,

a question: How do you fulfill the strength and intelligence requirements? There's only about 200 strength from your tree and about 100 from Astramentis. Where do you get the other 100 points? Can you actually do a Mjölner build without Astramentis?

Edit: Never mind, I read the tree wrong. It's about 250 strength from tree, which is more than enough.

2nd edit: Seriously, I'm all woozy today! It's 350 strength from tree! I better stop posting before I tell you my account data!
A sword he brought, his foes to maim and rend,
from places dark behind forbidden doors,
But night by night he woke with frighten'd roars
from darkest dreams, too strange to comprehend.
(Anonymous)
Last edited by Thyrandor on Apr 16, 2016, 12:23:14 PM
"
fluxofwar wrote:
Hey.

Just started a Templar today for this build and it's going smoothly, I'm holding off my first ascension because I wanted to ask which order do you take the Ascendancy points first?

I'm using warlord's mark currently and find my endurance charge gen is fine as it is, and i'm not generating power charges (and won't be until I equip Romira's) so Conviction of Power is redundant.

My thinking is Pursuit of Faith > Illuminated Devotion > Conviction of Power.

Confirm?

Also, just curious, as I'm trying to optimise my tree and play a little different from you, what's the logic behind having so much health regen when we have pots and a lot of life leech?

I'm thinking of picking up more utility/spell damage/curse effectiveness/attack speed than your build, unless you can convince me otherwise :P

You want to have Conviction of Power once your can use Mjölner. It's the reason we choose Hierophant in the first place so take it first or second.
1. Conviction of power
2. Illuminated devotion
3. Pursuit of faith

The regen is for convenience, you could go for more utility ofcourse.
I especially like regen when doing labyrinth or when I get bleed. It's very conventient also since you won't have to top yourself up with health-pots between fights when doing maps. It also helps somewhat good against reflect.

Last edited by DaEagle on Apr 16, 2016, 12:24:53 PM
"
DaEagle wrote:
You want to have Conviction of Power once your can use Mjölner. It's the reason we choose Hierophant in the first place so take it first or second.
1. Conviction of power
2. Illuminated devotion
3. Pursuit of faith

The regen is for convenience, you could go for more utility ofcourse.
I especially like regen when doing labyrinth or when I get bleed. It's very conventient also since you won't have to top yourself up with health-pots between fights when doing maps. It also helps somewhat good against reflect.

Ah yeah just realised that I can equip Mjolner and Romira's at 60 and I'm almost 60 already, forgot how early I can equip it.

I will most definitely be taking Conviction of Power first now, thanks for that. Almost hit myself with the nerf hammer.

As for the regen, I've altered my tree slightly to pick up berserking and an extra endurance charge, as well as some curse effectiveness nodes. I think I'll like this more, I'll report back on what I end up with once I get into maps.

Thanks for the guide. I never even dreamed of doing a Mjolner build until I saw this guide and realised how cheap they are now.
Last edited by fluxofwar on Apr 17, 2016, 8:52:51 AM
Hey dude, i really want to praise you for this build. That's by far, considering the low amount of currency and both the damages and the defenses you have, the best build i played this league.

I played voltaxic spark, fakener and much more, but this build feels so much better. The 3 curses settup makes you Godlike and the damages are well... Discharge you know :>

But i made little changes :
-for the chest i did get a nice armor one with good life and tons of resistances, since i find capping those a bit hard considering the two rings slots and the amulet that don't allow to get res
-i did also get a shield with good armor res and life for the same purpose
-i added reckoning and vengeance to get some more procs and charges

Anyways, really good job !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info