[2.2] DaEagle's budget Mjölnerphant (Hierophant mjölner with discharge and triple-curse blasphemy)

"
Poobah wrote:
Working my way into this build now, seems really nice. I'm just curious about one thing - is there a particular reason to take the endurance charge in merciless over the power charge?

Thanks!

When I think about it, it might make more sense to take the powercharge since you generate powecharges faster than endurance, bigger chance that they max out. However it won't make much difference single target. It will probably be slightly better when you hit several targets at once.

It felt right to take endurance when I made the spec, if I were you I'd take power.

Will update the guide to suggest powercharge, thank you!
Last edited by DaEagle on Apr 29, 2016, 1:26:52 PM
"
DaEagle wrote:
"
Poobah wrote:
Working my way into this build now, seems really nice. I'm just curious about one thing - is there a particular reason to take the endurance charge in merciless over the power charge?

Thanks!

When I think about it, it might make more sense to take the powercharge since you generate powecharges faster than endurance, bigger chance that they max out. However it won't make much difference single target. It will probably be slightly better when you hit several targets at once.

It felt right to take endurance when I made the spec, if I were you I'd take power.

Will update the guide to suggest powercharge, thank you!

No problem, thank you for writing the guide!
Sweet I'm going to try this build! Managed to get several of the items including mjolnir but most of the rare boots/belts on poe.trade are above my budget I will have to see what drops. Also 6 link might take me a bit so for now going with tabula and windscream boots for the +1 to curses as I have a rare ring with decent resists.
Since 2.3 came, are there any changes to the build?
Not sure about updates other than the passive tree was updated when I checked after the patch.
Hey, it took me a while to level this build, but now that I'm level 66 with what I think is going to be my endgame gear, I'm going to show my char:

Spoiler

I went with the AR shield variation with vengeance and reckoning, super helpful, gives lots of LGOH regen and extra damage. I also vied for replacing LL in mjolner with light pen, and used warlord instead of temp chains in my curse setup. Overcapped on all res. (except chaos ofc)

Any ideas for improvements to either my gem setup or my gear?

/edit A friend of mine convinced to to switch to 5L kingsguard:

Spoiler

To account for not having LS, I started using shield charge - inc aoe - FA. Working well.
Last edited by Fire309 on Aug 14, 2016, 5:46:17 PM
Also, daEagle or anyone else who has played this build into high yellow/red maps, when do you guys think I will need to change my setup to include temp chains to increase tankiness?

/edit nvm
Last edited by Fire309 on Aug 14, 2016, 5:52:11 PM
Is this build still viable in 2.4? Any changes or tweaks?
in 2.4 there is a big nerf, -35% dmg of discharge that you don't cast yourself... that mean less dmg because you cast it with mjolner

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info