[2.2] DaEagle's budget Mjölnerphant (Hierophant mjölner with discharge and triple-curse blasphemy)

I've been thking bout this a while. The ES shield that give spell damage does not give us a def stat that we wpuld want to use, as we invest in life, not ES, and by using vengeance and retribution on a full armor shield you supplement for the lack of damage on that piece. As a few people pointed out, and i'm going to try this asap, if your equip can bear it in terms of resistances, i't be probably better to just use a rare shield, or if your equip is really top notch, maybe even a legendary shield (Lioneye's remorse comes to mind).
"
Blazingzomby wrote:
Hey dude, i really want to praise you for this build. That's by far, considering the low amount of currency and both the damages and the defenses you have, the best build i played this league.

I played voltaxic spark, fakener and much more, but this build feels so much better. The 3 curses settup makes you Godlike and the damages are well... Discharge you know :>

But i made little changes :
-for the chest i did get a nice armor one with good life and tons of resistances, since i find capping those a bit hard considering the two rings slots and the amulet that don't allow to get res
-i did also get a shield with good armor res and life for the same purpose
-i added reckoning and vengeance to get some more procs and charges

Anyways, really good job !

Glad to hear and good idea, thinking about the shield aswell. Maybe it's not worth it with a spirit-shield considering the gloves give so much spelldamage that a 40-60% increase won't do much. Might be better with a lot of armor and resistances instead.
Hi,

I have been following this build for a while with a block spec but not yet fully selected all the block nodes. However, with only 41% block chance, it feels quite strong with all the reckoning/vengeance/riposte/tempest proc. Definitely stronger than with the ES shield.

I'm thinking of repsect some other nodes to go with all the block nodes even sooner.

Here is my current gears/passives:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUCAAHcBFEEswUtBjkJqgthDF8S4RQgFm8XLxhqGj4cpx0ULdIuUy_MOlg8LT0PQKBBh0bXR35NRk99UEdRYFOlVcZV1lcpWAdYbVnzXz9i7GQzZOdlTWZUZp5nm2haaPJxhXIPcql07XfjeC95OXloeu982XzlfuKAVoCkgpuDX4PMhNmE74V9i4yMdo9GkFWUb5o7m6GiAKLqqW6smKyqrj6u_a9sr6exQrc-vTa-p8BmwJrBBMGCxLjE9sau02_VptX42L3Z_NrB4XPjauRR7C7tPO8O8B_yL_MR9zL31_nd-ej60v4K?accountName=tduong&characterName=XoaiLac

Awesome stuff man. Would you reckon an aegis aurora would be better that the lioneye for the increased elemental resistances?
I got one hit killed by izaro, is it worth touse the intuitive leap in the templar nodes rather that taking life?
Lioneye's Remorse is better than Aegis I think, because of its high armor + life. However if you cannot manage to cap resist then Aegis is better.

How much life do you have now? I'm sitting at 4k5 life at the moment and feel pretty tanky. As for Izaro, his ball skill is quite rippy so try to avoid it anyway.
Yeah, the ball attack deals chaos from what i've understood so it hurts like a truck.
In what situations do you feel the need for high block?

I find stibnite flask to do the trick for those rare situations where evasion or block is needed.
Well, I prefer having a static block chance at all time since I'm pretty lazy/casual player and don't pay attention to flasks at times. I do use concoction flask for tough situations.

I don't have the statistic to say but it just feels safer/stronger when I play it this way. The block procs more discharges/arcs, also those counter attack skills. I can even stay still and tank white/some blue/rare mobs, they just die by themselves.
Working my way into this build now, seems really nice. I'm just curious about one thing - is there a particular reason to take the endurance charge in merciless over the power charge?

Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info