[2.2 Assassin] Crit Varunastra - Atziri/HC Viable - Budget

Added my chest to the current gear, must've missed it the first time.

As far as levelling goes...

I used frost blades from levels 1-64. Once I was able to use varunastra I switched over to reave. Once I got bored of reave I switched to sunder.

Start by taking the health and dagger nodes in the tree, don't spend points on the sword and multiweapon nodes until you're using varunastra to make use of it.

For unique weapons I'd recommend running a last resort until 10, use a princess until 20, use ungils gauche until 35, use mightflay until the 50s, pick up a 200pds dagger for a couple chaos and use that to 64. Once youre at 64 pick up your varunastra, switch to your preferred melee skill and go ham.

As far as how to level... just the basic stuff, only attack well-grouped monsters, don't chase down stragglers, don't waste time in town, that kind of stuff.
Been leveling up with frost blades with melee splash, it has been a breeze so far.
Laihduttakaa.
Great build and guide, after a bit of hesitation i thought i'd try it and it works like a charm so far at lvl 68. I leveled up using earthquake + the uniques two handers (Geoffri's baptism, blood reaper, Kaom's primacy), that's enough to one shot your way until lvl 64.

One thing that isn't obvious at first glance is the auto-aim of multistrike sunder on 2nd strike. It's a bit odd but really fun as for most packs, aiming in the general direction is enough, that makes it quite comfortable.

I thought sunder sucked but, now i quite like it, gonna see how far i can push with that character :)
I'm confused.

"Requires a Mace, Axe, or Staff."

Is at the tail end of the Sunder gem description, and yet you use it with no problems. Do they need to rework the gem description or am I missing something?
IGN: Constantly Changing
what is your crit chance with varunastra?
IGN: Kills_La_Killz (Standard)
IGN: UnlimitedBladeWork (Warband)
"
GeistDawg wrote:
I'm confused.

Is at the tail end of the Sunder gem description, and yet you use it with no problems. Do they need to rework the gem description or am I missing something?

Varunastra counts as Any One-Handed Melee Weapon (sword, axe, claw, dagger, mace).
Laihduttakaa.
"
Einea5mk wrote:
"
GeistDawg wrote:
I'm confused.

Varunastra counts as Any One-Handed Melee Weapon (sword, axe, claw, dagger, mace).

Derp. Thanks.
IGN: Constantly Changing
"
07Ghost wrote:
what is your crit chance with varunastra?

With 5 power charges I am at like 94.8% crit I think.
did you pick Toxic Delivery or Ambush from Assasin?

Deadly Infusion is the easy pick i guess
Last edited by Mepslol on Mar 17, 2016, 12:39:44 PM
Loving the play-style of the build so far it has to be one of the most fun builds I have played. Using frost blades alone was torture.. but once I added melee splash it became 100x better. The leveling unique are very affordable which is also nice. There are a couple of problems I'm facing though.

It seems there isn't many life nodes through-out the tree so my life is pretty low right now. Since I'm playing on hardcore I need all the life I can get. I'm also having huge mana problems, but I guess that's because I get trigger happy with whirling blades.

Frost blades started out doing some nice damage, but now it seems to be slacking. I'm level 30 and I can notice my damage is not in the right place. What are some gems I could link with Frost blades and Melee Splash in order to achieve some more damage or synergy? What about some other link set-ups that could help progression? I know you posted your equipment, but it would still be nice to have an outline for noobs like me since there is a great deal I don't fully understand.

Overall the build is really fun and I can't wait until I can use Varunastra's to get the builds full potential. Hopefully you'll respond sooner than later with some helpful tips for the build!
Last edited by SobeFanta on Mar 17, 2016, 2:31:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info