[2.2 Assassin] Crit Varunastra - Atziri/HC Viable - Budget

"
lordangelic wrote:
"
Lekert wrote:
what do you think about this tree
http://tinyurl.com/jjvcoaa
i traded half the dagger tree for the soulraker and magpie so you wont lose on attack speed and toke vaal pact and since we have a good amount of leech now we can drop daresso's for coil+abyssus for moar sweet crit multi+damage

that's pretty smart actually, im trying out the tree. You gain charge generation(u cant generate power charge with death's hand against atziri), and 1.2% life leech, 0.8% mana leech, allowing to drop the bottom duelist leech nodes. Only thing I did differently was that I took the 15% with 10% incr life leech instead, as I have no intentions of taking vaal pact.

New tree at https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/lordangelic/characters,

Dropped the top dagger nodes, and took claw nodes as per Lekert's recommendations. Lost roughly 200 HP, but gained 25% chance to generate charges independent of death's hand, 30% life leech speed, 1.2% life leech, 0.8% mana leech, 50% crit chance, 24% crit multi. Overall roughly 20% increase in DPS.

so how good is your leech atm? my point with vaal pact was so i could leech to full health in a matter of a second didnt think the extra life leech per second would be any good
Hey, nice guide I have a couple questions. Does cwdt/immortal call setup benefit from endurance charges still with daressos consuming endurance charges on hit? Also, I'm playing SC but I'm looking for a char HC worthy because it's annoying dying and losing 10%exp into the 90's so I was planning on using a high evasion shield with varunastra. I plan on using reave and VS for bosses. will that be enough dps with only 1 hand? Oh yea as well, with vaal pact and no regen, how does that work with blood rage degen?
Last edited by bsquared8908 on Apr 16, 2016, 1:41:20 AM
"
Lekert wrote:
"
lordangelic wrote:
"
Lekert wrote:
what do you think about this tree
http://tinyurl.com/jjvcoaa
i traded half the dagger tree for the soulraker and magpie so you wont lose on attack speed and toke vaal pact and since we have a good amount of leech now we can drop daresso's for coil+abyssus for moar sweet crit multi+damage

that's pretty smart actually, im trying out the tree. You gain charge generation(u cant generate power charge with death's hand against atziri), and 1.2% life leech, 0.8% mana leech, allowing to drop the bottom duelist leech nodes. Only thing I did differently was that I took the 15% with 10% incr life leech instead, as I have no intentions of taking vaal pact.

New tree at https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/lordangelic/characters,

Dropped the top dagger nodes, and took claw nodes as per Lekert's recommendations. Lost roughly 200 HP, but gained 25% chance to generate charges independent of death's hand, 30% life leech speed, 1.2% life leech, 0.8% mana leech, 50% crit chance, 24% crit multi. Overall roughly 20% increase in DPS.

so how good is your leech atm? my point with vaal pact was so i could leech to full health in a matter of a second didnt think the extra life leech per second would be any good

well I didnt take vaal pact all, main thing is i had a lot of life regeneration, roughly 280/second with 5k HP, and could completely negate the blood rage degen while still regening hp. as for leech wise, my leech cap is 26%/second which together with proper usage of hybrid flask and bubbling divine flask allows me to go back from low hp to full in a second too.

Again, vaal pact could be an option for you, but for me, I didnt think it was necessary since I was pretty damn tanky. My late game plan is changing to a 6L lightning coil from my current 5L daresso and a atziri's acuity(luxury but not really necessary for me).

Just to illustrate how tanky the setup is, I havent died since I switched to this setup. Have done all sorts of maps including t12+, and the other day I tanked a 100%+ residence dominus touch of god with 1k life left(maybe I was lucky :P)

I just reached lvl 90, feel free to check out my tree now, of course, welcoming new ideas and other minmax tips. https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/lordangelic/characters
Last edited by lordangelic on Apr 17, 2016, 2:54:13 PM
"
lordangelic wrote:

well I didnt take vaal pact all, main thing is i had a lot of life regeneration, roughly 280/second with 5k HP, and could completely negate the blood rage degen while still regening hp. as for leech wise, my leech cap is 26%/second which together with proper usage of hybrid flask and bubbling divine flask allows me to go back from low hp to full in a second too.

Again, vaal pact could be an option for you, but for me, I didnt think it was necessary since I was pretty damn tanky. My late game plan is changing to a 6L lightning coil from my current 5L daresso and a atziri's acuity(luxury but not really necessary for me).

Just to illustrate how tanky the setup is, I havent died since I switched to this setup. Have done all sorts of maps including t12+, and the other day I tanked a 100%+ residence dominus touch of god with 1k life left(maybe I was lucky :P)

I just reached lvl 90, feel free to check out my tree now, of course, welcoming new ideas and other minmax tips. https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/lordangelic/characters

Seems good, what's your crit chance without / with power charges up?
Last edited by BDOG on Apr 19, 2016, 1:43:21 PM
loving this build so far. Questions:

got 5 link for the sunder. right now running Sunder>Melee Phys>Fire Dam>Faster Att>Poison.

1) The fire gem (I added it early on for the extra damage) pumps my damage up by a solid amount (% of physical). is it worth exchanging that for the extra crit gem? my crit is pretty low atm (just started filling out my crit nodes in the tree), so should I swap that in now? is it worth the swap at all?

2) how advantageous is multistrike? i like being able to have a quick attack to throw in when i only have a fraction of a second on the boss...is it worth locking my character down for that extra time so i can get the 2 extra attacks off (losing damage in those attacks at the same time). Thinking of mobility over the extra damage at the moment.

EDIT: nevermind #2. Answered it myself. It's awesome. combo of extra hits + autotarget on 2&3 make it a no brainer. And it's really fast at higher levels of the gem.
Last edited by Temjiu on Apr 21, 2016, 5:15:37 PM
Never played with Vaal Pact before, at what point should I pick it up?
i see you went assassin asdency put were did you spend those points ?
Using a version of this build on the 2W Perandus race. More than a little bit impressive :)

DPS is ~71k with just charges, no flasks or Vaal Haste. Vuln on Hit goes a LONG way!
~4800 life, capped for ele-weakness.

And that's at level 82, a LONG way to go for Life and DPS. Should be about 5.5k life, 100k+ dps by 90.

Gear:
Spoiler

[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
Last edited by CantripN on May 14, 2016, 11:10:25 AM
"
Einea5mk wrote:
"
GeistDawg wrote:
I'm confused.

"Requires a Mace, Axe, or Staff."

Is at the tail end of the Sunder gem description, and yet you use it with no problems. Do they need to rework the gem description or am I missing something?

Varunastra counts as Any One-Handed Melee Weapon (sword, axe, claw, dagger, mace).

not was varunastra a sword type?!! o.O

🅰🅻🅸🅽 ::: ! ♥ PoE ツ 👌 :::

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info