[2.4] Pure SRS *Cheap* *Atziri* *Magic Find* *Endgame Viable*

"
ToxicXfi wrote:

Thanks for the reply ref the MF side of things, another question is for the OP, in your gear guide you say to use SRS / Minion dmg / melee splash / spell echo & melee phy dmg which would you take out in order to use the following for the MF side

*Edit - just noticed as well you are running hatred, anger and haste how is this possible when they reserve 50% of mana each, i get clarity as thats run off your life, also when would you start using the aura's, could you explain this for me.
thanks again

I don't think you should be taking anything out while having a 5L staff. All of these gems improve your clearing ability immensely. Once you actually get a 6Link staff you could go for Item Quantity gem instead of level 3 Empower, but in my opinion if you can afford L4 you should go for that and stack some MF on the other pieces of equipment, so not only will you deal insane amounts of damage but also get lots of rare items.

As for the auras you have to get Alpha's Howl, which reduces the reserved mana by auras by 8%. Second of all, skill tree. There are multiple nodes which help you sustain 3 auras on your mana pool, but until you level up your character to reach these nodes, try to run one or two auras.
Last edited by Yarinn on Jul 19, 2016, 2:45:15 AM

Alright, I literally just bought and rolled the +2 fire on my staff this morning. That leaves me needing a socketed ring to put my Flame Dash gem back on. Am I making any major mistakes in my gearing and what should I be focusing on at this point? I'm kinda hitting an odd spot where T7 and 8 maps are very easy but T9 and 10 maps are fairly hard.

How do I move my character past this point?

In response to ToxicXfi's question:
Check out my character's passive tree to see the reduced mana nodes. The Charisma and Leadership clusters on the bottom right of the tree and the Sovereignty cluster on the top left + Alpha's howl allow you to run all 3 auras and have about 100 mana left over for casting spells.

In order to actually cast at a meaningful rate though, you need a lot of +mana and +mana regen passives as well as a good bit of +mana regen on your gear.

That's about it.
Last edited by JermStudDog on Jul 19, 2016, 11:13:36 AM
"
JermStudDog wrote:

Alright, I literally just bought and rolled the +2 fire on my staff this morning. That leaves me needing a socketed ring to put my Flame Dash gem back on. Am I making any major mistakes in my gearing and what should I be focusing on at this point? I'm kinda hitting an odd spot where T7 and 8 maps are very easy but T9 and 10 maps are fairly hard.

How do I move my character past this point?

First of all, drop multistrike for melee splash as it makes clearing much faster. Multistrike can be used for harder bosses and uber lab, not packs. Second of all, drop added fire damage for empower lvl 3/4. You'll see the difference.
On a side note, +2 +1 staff with empower L3/L4 is a gamechanger.
Oh yeah lol. The last thing I did last night was Atziri, Melee splash is in the alternate item set.

As far the the fire damage vs Empower thing. From what I've read, Added Fire is better than Empower unless you're talking about a level 4 Empower, which costs ~7ex. Added fire cost 1 alt. It will serve for now.

Priority for upgrades right now I think is:
-Put Melee Splash back in because I'm a dork and forgot to swap it back
-Find ring upgrades for both. +70 Health, +60 elemental resists, +30 mana regen, one of the rings being socketed
-Save up money to upgrade my Staff to +3 Fire, that should cost somewhere in the realm of 4ex
-Save up more money to buy my way into a level 4 Empower

I'm still a bit concerned with my health pool though. Upgrading my rings might get me to 4400 health or so, but overall, I'm feeling squishier and squishier as I try pushing into the higher map levels.

Here is what I've got. With Vaal Haste (I'm replacing the Vaal Grace) and some other things active I have pretty nice DPS (up to 5K in the tooltip) but I don't have much in the way of life or ES (3200 and 2000) respectively. I don't feel ready for Atziri or Uber Izaro in this state.

What should I prioritize in changing, here? More life, more armor, rearranging gems and sockets, getting another staff or changing my equipment?
Last edited by Kastanj on Jul 21, 2016, 3:40:27 PM
Hey Guys, so firstly thanks for the answers to my questions, secondly i've made it to merciless act 2 so far and i'm a bit squishy, i've only got a max of 1.8k life dropped down to 1.4k due to using clarity with blood magic, haven't got to the other 2 life nodes to the left of the tree yet.

here is my gear so far

IGN: The_Nutcase
"
ToxicXfi wrote:
Hey Guys, so firstly thanks for the answers to my questions, secondly i've made it to merciless act 2 so far and i'm a bit squishy, i've only got a max of 1.8k life dropped down to 1.4k due to using clarity with blood magic, haven't got to the other 2 life nodes to the left of the tree yet.

here is my gear so far

The reason your HP is so low is because you have no FLAT life rolls on your gear. All the life % from belly of the beast is kinda wasted. If you can get a bunch of medium to high life rolls(55-80) on your gear you will notice a huge difference.
IGN: Raise_Ur_Donger
"
The reason your HP is so low is because you have no FLAT life rolls on your gear. All the life % from belly of the beast is kinda wasted. If you can get a bunch of medium to high life rolls(55-80) on your gear you will notice a huge difference.

thanks for the info, helped a lot, managed to get to lvl74 then typically i died, so annoying, so time to start again from the beginning.
IGN: The_Nutcase
Last edited by ToxicXfi on Jul 23, 2016, 6:14:19 PM
Thanks for the update !!!
Greetings

Great guide, Im coming back to POE after a long break and this is the build I'll go with on the upcoming atlas. My question is how do I level it when doing the quests? Should I use freezing pulse/flame totem or something like that? or I use pulse/traps and go straight using the raging spirits? im a bit noob btw

thnx

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info