SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

I think I see more non-sequiturs in this thread than I have ever seen in any thread, on any forum, ever.

"
Johny_Snow wrote:
"
The Lab is a LOT more fun to explore now than it was upon release.

Oh, I get it now - the lab is smaller than it was before so people who hate it spend less time getting it over with therefore the lab is more fun to them.

Flawless

Did you notice the absence of "the lab is a lot more tolerable now that it is shorter" in the post that you quoted and the presence of "more fun to explore now than it was upon release?"

No?

Well, then. Notice it.
Wash your hands, Exile!
My friends notified me that private leagues were gonna be a thing, i instantly checked with great anticipation to see the announcement only to be really disappointed that there is no option to exclude lab from a private league. I mean come on GGG make it happen.......
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
"
Regulator wrote:
My friends notified me that private leagues were gonna be a thing, i instantly checked with great anticipation to see the announcement only to be really disappointed that there is no option to exclude lab from a private league. I mean come on GGG make it happen.......

This is a great idea! I suggest it be added to the opening post.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
Regulator wrote:

This is a great idea! I suggest it be added to the opening post.

Yes please, so we can once and for all bury this cesspool of negativity beneath 20 feet of spinning blades and spike traps.

All hail the Emperor!
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
"
Xavathos wrote:
Yes please, so we can once and for all bury this cesspool of negativity beneath 20 feet of spinning blades and spike traps.

All hail the Emperor!

Hurray !

I don't see them removing content, removing Ascendancy classes though ? I guess that could be a thing, so some entitled people would not feel like they have to run the lab in their own private league.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
I would never have expected them to exclude lab from private leagues since the Lab and ascendancies are still a pretty big deal. Thankfully the Lab has gotten more interesting to run at least.

My main concern with lab is how painful it can be to get the six map trials for the Eternal Lab. It's great that daily Zana now often gives a mission option involving a map trial, but that's not enough.

Something as simple as tossing an Offering in with a map to force a random trial that itself did not grant an Offering would go a long way towards getting into the Eternal Lab. It should not take hundreds of maps to get into.

Losing the lab due to death is fairly annoying, but I'm come to accept that's just how it's going to be.
I think I may give PoE another chance on the PS4... MAYBE a controller will make a difference. (I really hate point-click movement interfaces when precision control is required, IE in the Labyrinth, but such precision isn't required in most games with point-click interfaces, that I have enjoyed)

The method of control still doesn't change the basic design flaw of the Labyrinth existing as a mini-game with its own rules compared to the main game, and feeling more like a piece of fan-fiction based on PoE.

I'll likely end up deleting it off my PS4 harddrive for space to update Warframe or something, but we'll see.
"
Zaludoz wrote:
I think I may give PoE another chance on the PS4... MAYBE a controller will make a difference. (I really hate point-click movement interfaces when precision control is required, IE in the Labyrinth, but such precision isn't required in most games with point-click interfaces, that I have enjoyed)

The method of control still doesn't change the basic design flaw of the Labyrinth existing as a mini-game with its own rules compared to the main game, and feeling more like a piece of fan-fiction based on PoE.

I'll likely end up deleting it off my PS4 harddrive for space to update Warframe or something, but we'll see.

I hope that PS4 works out! Let us know how it goes.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Nobody force you to do lab ffs. Just you will not get additional passives but you can still farm Diablo style one button. What's problem?

I had problem with lab. Now I love lab.
- take 2 life flasks
- take from panteon reduce dmg over time and refil life flasks when stationary
- a lot of traps you can just avoid by leap or mirror arrow. Just jump on turrets.
- don't run like an idiot. Wait. Think. Refil flasks.
- watch some Lord mechanics on YouTube
- open online lab map to find shortest way or darkshrines if you need additional protecting system
- lab is really easy.
And that's it.
"
vayha wrote:
Nobody force you to do lab ffs. Just you will not get additional passives but you can still farm Diablo style one button. What's problem?

I had problem with lab. Now I love lab.
- take 2 life flasks
- take from panteon reduce dmg over time and refil life flasks when stationary
- a lot of traps you can just avoid by leap or mirror arrow. Just jump on turrets.
- don't run like an idiot. Wait. Think. Refil flasks.
- watch some Lord mechanics on YouTube
- open online lab map to find shortest way or darkshrines if you need additional protecting system
- lab is really easy.
And that's it.

I think problem is not "labs are very hard to do or smt".

Main problem is:

Example:
Vorici favours some builds and hates some builds but you dont have to do it Vorici at all.
You can buy items instead using his bench or for SSF you can level him with another character.
Vorici is good to have but not mandatory.

Reflect maps favour build. Some build can do without any problem at all. Ability to run unid maps are good to have but not mandatory.

BUT :
LABS ARE MANDATORY. Dont say you dont have to do it bla bla. You HAVE TO do it for asc points. You cant skip them or you cant switch characters.

While they are mandatory; they favour builds. They are easy peasy for some builds and troublesome for some builds.

This is the main problem.
Labs can stay for the sake of lab runners and daily prizes. But mandatory parts must be removed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info