SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

"
Turtledove wrote:
"
Xavathos wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:

What?

Sorry, that doesn't make sense to me.

I'm not surprised. But believe it or not, it makes as much sense as you telling Xtorma that he/she is not providing feedback on the Lab, when he/she clearly is.

It's a simple comparison of time spent doing Act 4 or 8 or brushing your teeth vs doing the Lab, it doesn't matter what the comparison is with, it's relevant to the Lab as that is what it is being compared with.

You understand now?

No, I don't understand. Pyrokar might be saying that he's saying that since GGG hasn't fixed act 4 and act 8 then they can't fix lab? That doesn't make anymore sense to me than your theory that Xtorma was saying we can't give feedback and suggestions on lab because it takes less time to do than brushing teeth or doing act 4 and act 8.

Xtorma said he didn't like doing act 4 or act 8. so what? This thread is not about doing act 4 or act 8. Or is he saying he has to do act 4 and act 8 so we have to do lab? If that is what he was trying to say then that is ridiculously irrelevant, I find it hard to believe he would mean that. How does that make any sense? We are giving feedback that we don't like lab. If he wants to give feedback that he doesn't like act 4 and act 8 then he should do it in a different thread.

You are more than welcome to report me to the mods, if you feel I am Breaking any forum rules by entering this discussion.
"
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
Xavathos wrote:

Lab is different from what the game offered before it came out, yes, but it is now a core part of the game, so that argument no longer stands. Count your lucky stars that they haven't implemented these traps into more content since Lab's release, I would say.

Nope, GGG should count their own lucky stars for not spreading this horrible content all over. They would have lost even more players to it if they had.

It would be the death of POE

Well, I know I would be gone and my PoE buddies would all be gone except one.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Here is a big part of lab threads, re-written for delve.

OP in feedback forum making a post: I think we should change delve to make sulphite collection less boring and tedious.

Response: But, they haven't fixed issue 6,493 yet, and I care about that more, so you shouldn't be posting about delve.

OP: Maybe you should make your own thread.

Response: You just need to "git gud" to in your sulphite collection efforts.

OP: What part of "boring and tedious" is unclear to you? Also, collecting sulphite means clicking on something. It's not difficult.

Response: Sulphite collection is a minor percentage of game time, so stop being a whiner.

OP: Is it really your place to decide when people are behaving appropriately in the feedback forum? Is that not up to GGG, instead of you?

Response: I don't like section "Z" of the game and I don't post negative feedback, so you shouldn't do that about delve.

OP: What you choose to do or not do is up to you. But, who are you to try to force your beliefs on others?

A little bit mean, perhaps, but mostly accurate.

"Lab is too hard"

and

"Lab is boring"

are two very different pieces of feedback. And both are legitimate pieces of feedback from GGG's perspective, even if they disagree with one or both statements.

But the solutions to each piece of criticism are (naturally) quite different. So accusing all critics of disingenuously wrapping up criticism #1 into a criticism #2 shell (there are 2-3 posters who thrive on doing exactly that--you know who you are) only drives this thread into off-topic ad hominem drivel, and distracts from useful discussion about how to address issue #2.

And that's really a shame, since GGG obviously put a shitload of work into addressing issue #2. They are not finished, I grant, but let's give them credit where credit is due: The Lab is a LOT more fun to explore now than it was upon release.
Wash your hands, Exile!
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
let's give them credit where credit is due: The Lab is a LOT more fun to explore now than it was upon release.

Credit granted, if we can agree here that less boring equates fairly well with more fun. :-)
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
fun is subjective
"
The Lab is a LOT more fun to explore now than it was upon release.

Oh, I get it now - the lab is smaller than it was before so people who hate it spend less time getting it over with therefore the lab is more fun to them.

Flawless
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
"
The Lab is a LOT more fun to explore now than it was upon release.

Oh, I get it now - the lab is smaller than it was before so people who hate it spend less time getting it over with therefore the lab is more fun to them.

Flawless

If you hate the game, get lost, or get someone to carry you while you cry. I get my clan to push me through the acts I loathe.
I don't need help like you do, buddy.
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
I don't need help like you do, buddy.

I'm not your buddy, guy!
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
Last edited by Xavathos on Sep 25, 2018, 10:32:25 AM
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
Spoiler
"
Here is a big part of lab threads, re-written for delve.

OP in feedback forum making a post: I think we should change delve to make sulphite collection less boring and tedious.

Response: But, they haven't fixed issue 6,493 yet, and I care about that more, so you shouldn't be posting about delve.

OP: Maybe you should make your own thread.

Response: You just need to "git gud" to in your sulphite collection efforts.

OP: What part of "boring and tedious" is unclear to you? Also, collecting sulphite means clicking on something. It's not difficult.

Response: Sulphite collection is a minor percentage of game time, so stop being a whiner.

OP: Is it really your place to decide when people are behaving appropriately in the feedback forum? Is that not up to GGG, instead of you?

Response: I don't like section "Z" of the game and I don't post negative feedback, so you shouldn't do that about delve.

OP: What you choose to do or not do is up to you. But, who are you to try to force your beliefs on others?

A little bit mean, perhaps, but mostly accurate.

"Lab is too hard"

and

"Lab is boring"

are two very different pieces of feedback. And both are legitimate pieces of feedback from GGG's perspective, even if they disagree with one or both statements.

But the solutions to each piece of criticism are (naturally) quite different. So accusing all critics of disingenuously wrapping up criticism #1 into a criticism #2 shell (there are 2-3 posters who thrive on doing exactly that--you know who you are) only drives this thread into off-topic ad hominem drivel, and distracts from useful discussion about how to address issue #2.

And that's really a shame, since GGG obviously put a shitload of work into addressing issue #2. They are not finished, I grant, but let's give them credit where credit is due: The Lab is a LOT more fun to explore now than it was upon release.

I agree that not everybody should be painted with the same brush, nor was it my intention to do that. But, my sense is that it's the least discerning and least empathic who tend to consistently respond in a critical way to complaints about lab by others. And, that very small group of posters essentially repost the same ideas over and over and over again.

As for improvements to lab, I agree that GGG has improved it by making lab shorter so the tedium associated with running it ends faster. We're also more experienced at the game, as well, so those who haven't left yet have figured out how to clear lab in a shorter period of time. But, GGG hasn't fixed the core problems with lab that make running it tedious and boring.

Now that prestige classes will finally leave lab in 4.0, will GGG get it right this time or will they find new ways to repeat old mistakes?
Last edited by EnjoyTheJourney on Sep 27, 2018, 6:41:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info