SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

"
goetzjam wrote:

You, OP and many others in this thread have spent more time posting here then you ever should\would in the actual lab itself, its actually kinda sad when you think about it.

You usually do miss the point and have again here. The point is that we are trying to make PoE a better game. So, your statement about being able to do the lab is wrong headed and irrelevant. But if it made you feel superior then it at least accomplished that, at the cost of you deluding yourself a bit more.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:

You, OP and many others in this thread have spent more time posting here then you ever should\would in the actual lab itself, its actually kinda sad when you think about it.

You usually do miss the point and have again here. The point is that we are trying to make PoE a better game. So, your statement about being able to do the lab is wrong headed and irrelevant. But if it made you feel superior then it at least accomplished that, at the cost of you deluding yourself a bit more.

Thats only one of the points, the other is the lab doesn't take you that much time to do, far less then masters or any other content that is really rewarding but "optional"
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
Here's my two cents for what they are worth:

I've only completed the normal labyrinth so far. I was very excited for this league but unfortunately real life got in the way, and I've only just started a couple weeks ago, and I'm casual, so the pace is slow at the moment.
Upon reaching the first labyrinth in Normal, I gave up my first two attempts. It was just too large, too sprawling, but I suppose I should have known that from their (GGG's) description of what the labyrinth would be. Be that as it may, I still found it too long at first. I finished and got my Ascendant on the third go around, and then I couldn't wait to do it all again in Cruel. So I've been pushing through the Acts as quickly as I can, and this is coming from a guy who is borderline OCD about clearing every area before I move onto the next one. I've just always enjoyed the run-through, but even with me being as casual as I am, I am tiring of this set up after almost 4 years (which is an entirely different issue that I am in no way addressing here), so I'm pushing through the Acts as fast and as best I can.
Will I run Merciless Lab for Enchants? Probably not.
Do I support the OP's request to remove Ascendancy Points from the Labyrinth? Kind of, maybe after the league is over? Only GGG really knows the true extent of the affects of the Labyrinth's inclusion into the game on the player base and retention, and they may have done themselves a disservice by attaching lore to Ascendancy and the Labyrinth if people do leave en masse. But the fact that they're customer service team was seeking two new full-time employees, it sounds like they're still growing, and I'm happy they are.
I feel the OP's pain, perhaps I'd understand a lot more if I had issues with latency and server issues, and what not, but for the most part, I do not. But I can imagine how frustrating it would be to die or lose a tonne of experience because of a disconnect or lag spike, it's frustrating. As far as the traps go? I like them, we have a lot of one-shot mechanics already in place, why would we think a trap would tickle us? Traps are meant to kill, in almost all lore throughout history. Traps are hindering the route to a prize or reward, something that's being protected, in this case the AC points, Izaro's treasure boxes, and enchants.
Perhaps one idea I might have is that as long as the trials are completed, and one can enter the Labyrinth they are given the AC points at the beginning of the Labyrinth in order to be able to fight Izaro, and keep treasure and enchants at the end? Maybe they could buff Izaro to make that happen? I know I've seen complaints that Merc Lab is too low level for loot and experience, or at least that's some people's opinions about it. I don't know what the solution is, if there even needs to be one on the subject, like I said, only GGG can tell if the Labyrinth is having a negative effect on us, and what that means for the game, incoming revenue to fund the game and company, etc., which I've already stated, so now that I've talked in one circle, I will stop here, lol.

Just an honest opinion on my experience with Perandus and the Labyrinth so far...
Last edited by Illuvatar_82 on May 2, 2016, 1:14:43 PM
"
goetzjam wrote:

The terrible comparison is saying this issue is a large one when it isn't after 6 months to a year no one will give 2 shits about this topic, unlike the other things people do care about, like trade and apparently the XP penalty in "softcore" leagues.

The difference between the topics you bring as counter examples and Labyrinth is that Labyrinth is replacing fun gameplay time for boring tedious and not fun gameplay time, at least for many people. Offering a game that has significant amounts of boring tedious and not fun content is a recipe for failure. Hopefully, GGG is smart enough to want their game to be fun to play. At least they have made those smart decisions in the past. But, we will have to wait and see won't we.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
goetzjam wrote:

If GGG never does anything that other games of its genre does, then its potential is limited. So following your logic we shouldn't have half of the things we do now.

Did you completely miss the point of my post or what? This has literally nothing to do with my point: that complaining about exp loss/trading is irrelevant to a thread complaining about the labyrinth.

Your attempt to intertwine complaining about labyrinth with complaining about video game staples, such as a penalty for death and trading is absolute nonsense.
Last edited by Khoranth on May 2, 2016, 12:50:51 PM
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:

You seem to imply that people on the opposite side of the argument are trying to make PoE a worse game.
"Dude he fucking said hotdog racist.

Like I can't even make this shit up." - gj

1.0.0 Forum Posters now have 50% less Critical Thinking skill per Patch
"
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:

You seem to imply that people on the opposite side of the argument are trying to make PoE a worse game.

That is absolutely not the case. I've said many times that this is the Feedback and Suggestions forum and the lion's share of the people posting here are primarily posting in an interest to make PoE a better game. It is Goetzjam that doesn't like people posting here. In his post above saying that it is sad that we are posting here. It is a super stretch to believe that my response was saying what you imply. Goetzjam's posts have a high percentage of him missing or ignoring the point that people are making.
Right, and I'm said many times (well not "many" but more than once) that criticizing feedback is ALSO feedback, no matter how low content it might seem at first. That's just the nature of the beast. One group gives reasons why something should change in a certain way, another group says those reasons are not valid and have no merit in their opinion.
"Dude he fucking said hotdog racist.

Like I can't even make this shit up." - gj

1.0.0 Forum Posters now have 50% less Critical Thinking skill per Patch
I'm here to give my daily The lab sucks! feedback .

R.I.P 4.B.
"
tryhardgg wrote:
I'm here to give my daily The lab sucks! feedback .

Based on the strawpoll, https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1639251, if everyone that disliked Labyrinth posted just a single time here, this thread would become the largest thread ever on the PoE forum.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info